OL Spencer Long (retired)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Maybe.

What exactly his he getting at?

What is the 5.5 referring to? I don't think the Niners should be trading away OL before camp starts. Let's see what we got first.
LT is the only guy that has any value. They aren't going to trade McGlinchey. Who's left that will bring more than a bag of chips?

Agreed. I don't know what inside info he has but he also admitted sometimes sources put out info for specific reasons; like Mostert's agent.

But objectively, yeah, Tomlinson is due a contract soon and he blows as a pass protector so do they want to pay him higher end G money with so many like Kittle, TW, K'Waun, etc. coming up?

Or Richburg because of his health and cap hit after three restructure?
If Compton really looks good at RG for us, hopefully Brunskill can outperform Tomlinson at LG, because Tomlinson really sucks at PP, and Brunskill is pretty good. I think Jimmy G is going to be throwing a little more this year, and he needs all the protection he can get. Also trading Tomlinson would save us a little coin this year and next, might need that money to use towards extensions.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Good pickup IMO, I always thought that our Centers were pretty weak last year..
Originally posted by 9moon:
Good pickup IMO, I always thought that our Centers were pretty weak last year..

Richburg played like a Pro Bowler until his injury, and Garland played pretty damn well in his place, so I don't know what you're talking about.
Maybe.

Who the hell is this guy?
Originally posted by tommyncal:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Was great in Kyle's system, was trash these last 2-3 years since getting the big bucks.

Wut?
Long was drafted, by the Redskins, in 2014. Shanahan was fired by the Redskins after the 2013 season.

Sean McVay still had the same playbook.

Exactly right. McVay runs a very similar offense. He was Kyle's TE coach.

Again, possible, but an offensive minded head coach, Jay Gruden, getting his 1st NFL head coaching job, keeps the system or playbook from a fired offensive coordinator? I don't buy it at all. So Gruden tells the team I'm your new head coach but we'll keep the previous system in place instead of mine.nah

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Gruden wasn't calling the offense at that time. McVay was.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
If Compton really looks good at RG for us, hopefully Brunskill can outperform Tomlinson at LG, because Tomlinson really sucks at PP, and Brunskill is pretty good. I think Jimmy G is going to be throwing a little more this year, and he needs all the protection he can get. Also trading Tomlinson would save us a little coin this year and next, might need that money to use towards extensions.

Very little chance of that happening.
Maybe.

Compton?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Was great in Kyle's system, was trash these last 2-3 years since getting the big bucks.

Wut?
Long was drafted, by the Redskins, in 2014. Shanahan was fired by the Redskins after the 2013 season.

Sean McVay still had the same playbook.

Exactly right. McVay runs a very similar offense. He was Kyle's TE coach.

Again, possible, but an offensive minded head coach, Jay Gruden, getting his 1st NFL head coaching job, keeps the system or playbook from a fired offensive coordinator? I don't buy it at all. So Gruden tells the team I'm your new head coach but we'll keep the previous system in place instead of mine.nah

Why wouldn't Gruden keep the same playbook, he's also from the WCO tree along with Shanahan and McVay. Sure they all might tweak theor playbooks a bit but it's similar just not exactly the same.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Compton?

Tom Compton the guard they signed earlier in March I think.

Compton?

I'm saying I think that's the only logical OL to be traded but I don't see us trading any of them.
Maybe.

Compton?

I'm talking about the dude on twitter. Never heard of him.
Compton?

I'm saying I think that's the only logical OL to be traded but I don't see us trading any of them.

I don't think it will happen either. Many on here thought Coleman was getting traded too lol. Compton was signed to replace Person.
Maybe.

Compton?

I'm talking about the dude on twitter. Never heard of him.

Grant Cohn's fake account
Long has decided to retire today per posts on Twitter....
[ Edited by VA9erfan on Aug 16, 2020 at 2:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone