Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Aiyuks behavior is getting a little concerning. Just handle yourself with some class dude. Not a fan of the douchey social media based negotiation approach.

Meh we're all fine with Deebo now right? Aiyuk luke warm compared to what Deebo put us through. Time heals. He'll get extended and we'll all have a laugh about it after we win the NFCCG

lol. Winning the NFCCG is what we aspire for now…

No s**t right? You should copy and paste all the comments here claiming all were shooting for is the nfccg. Put those dudes on blast!

I was making a silly joke. I think one day Kyle will get over the hump. I hope it's within my lifetime and I'm 7 years younger than him
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Should trade him. 49ers have proven to pay the players that they want. Let him cry on the Titans or somewhere

Without him wwe wouldn't have gotten past the Lions which means no super bowl.

Went away from him in the super bowl and how did that work out for us? We need to keep all of our playmakers, if possible.

Since we have what seems to be a legit QB, I would rather invest in QB, O Line, and D line and draft those positions early. I would go skill positions like WR, RB, TE, DB, and LB in the mid rounds and sign guys that are cut and are still good or can be had at a bargain

I'm far more comfortable with Purdy than I was this time last year. That being said I'm still not sold he's 100% legit. He's had one full season and it was mostly good stuff. One more season with that level of play I'll be convinced he can do it the next 10 years. It's all about longevity to me.

I feel super strong that we need to resign Aiyuk than we did with Deebo. Aiyuk is built to stay. It appears defenses can now shut Deebo down and he's an average wide receiver. It seems to me Kyle has to really get creative with Deebo to create those explosives. Two years ago we just ran him up the middle and defenses couldn't stop it.
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Should trade him. 49ers have proven to pay the players that they want. Let him cry on the Titans or somewhere

Without him wwe wouldn't have gotten past the Lions which means no super bowl.

Went away from him in the super bowl and how did that work out for us? We need to keep all of our playmakers, if possible.

Since we have what seems to be a legit QB, I would rather invest in QB, O Line, and D line and draft those positions early. I would go skill positions like WR, RB, TE, DB, and LB in the mid rounds and sign guys that are cut and are still good or can be had at a bargain

I'm far more comfortable with Purdy than I was this time last year. That being said I'm still not sold he's 100% legit. He's had one full season and it was mostly good stuff. One more season with that level of play I'll be convinced he can do it the next 10 years. It's all about longevity to me.

I feel super strong that we need to resign Aiyuk than we did with Deebo. Aiyuk is built to stay. It appears defenses can now shut Deebo down and he's an average wide receiver. It seems to me Kyle has to really get creative with Deebo to create those explosives. Two years ago we just ran him up the middle and defenses couldn't stop it.

I feel like he's there now. Injuries are the only thing that can stop him imo, and you never in the NFL how that goes though.

As a player, I don't think he will ever be considered a no brainer elite QB, he lacks a bit of the physical qualities, but he can easily be a consistent top 5-7 QB year in and out if he stays healthy. He's got the mental part down, obviously a really hard worker, he's not phased in big moments, he's clutch, throws a good ball, definitely a good locker room guy too. It will never be a thing with him when you can just put a bunch of random receivers around him and "let him cook" but I trust the FO to make sure we at least have good enough talent for him to take advantage of.
Originally posted by dj43:
This is a nothing-burger. He will get paid just like Kittle and Deebo - later in the spring/summer. Nothing to see here. Lynch is not about to let him get away unless his agent demands some outrageous amount of guarantee.

This. Offseason news cycle is the worst.

He's also seen a big extension literally every offseason he has been on the team. Every single one. And the time frames are pretty much identical.
Any ideas of how much he's asking for?
Originally posted by jreff22:

About three fiddy
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by jreff22:

About three fiddy

Tree fiddy*
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Tree fiddy*

It was about that time Lynch realized Brandon was about 8 stories tall and a crustacean from the protozoic era
I feel like he's there now. Injuries are the only thing that can stop him imo, and you never in the NFL how that goes though.

As a player, I don't think he will ever be considered a no brainer elite QB, he lacks a bit of the physical qualities, but he can easily be a consistent top 5-7 QB year in and out if he stays healthy. He's got the mental part down, obviously a really hard worker, he's not phased in big moments, he's clutch, throws a good ball, definitely a good locker room guy too. It will never be a thing with him when you can just put a bunch of random receivers around him and "let him cook" but I trust the FO to make sure we at least have good enough talent for him to take advantage of.

Can't really say 'never' since we haven't seen it yet. It's obviously unlikely that he'll be able to take over games with jags around him, but it's part of the puzzle that is incomplete as far as how good I believe Purdy really is. I too, think he can find a way to being a top 5 guy, as he's probably still an improving player, but I'd also caution that the overall #'s he put up this year may be the very best we'll ever see from him

Some of the greatest QBs all of all time didn't have the elite physical qualities you refer to. Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Drew Brees just to name a few. But they did have that cerebral assassin quality to them. Is Brock there yet? No but if you only go off his work thus far he sure is on the right track. I think having elite physical qualities are a bit over blown. As long as you can get the ball where it needs to be, on time and accurately you're going to be just fine. In fact all 3 of those are way more important than how far you can throw or how hard of a ball you can throw.

And Brock is going into his first offseason healthy and the #1 guy. We might have seen his best but there is a good chance we haven't and he'll continue to improve just like every other young QB improves throughout their career. Rarely do you see a QB who comes in lights the world on fire and fizzles out. Its way more common to improve year after year.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
He's still training at the Niners facility. He wants to be a Niner. Just a matter of time now.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Some of the greatest QBs all of all time didn't have the elite physical qualities you refer to. Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Drew Brees just to name a few. But they did have that cerebral assassin quality to them. Is Brock there yet? No but if you only go off his work thus far he sure is on the right track. I think having elite physical qualities are a bit over blown. As long as you can get the ball where it needs to be, on time and accurately you're going to be just fine. In fact all 3 of those are way more important than how far you can throw or how hard of a ball you can throw.

And Brock is going into his first offseason healthy and the #1 guy. We might have seen his best but there is a good chance we haven't and he'll continue to improve just like every other young QB improves throughout their career. Rarely do you see a QB who comes in lights the world on fire and fizzles out. Its way more common to improve year after year.

Yeah I understand other fans wanting to believe Purdy can never be great, I just don't understand some 9ers fans need to put a cap on his potential. All the talk last year was Trey had higher upside, but it was clear after watching them both play that Brock had more potential

Some people really don't know what they're seeing other than "That boy big n fast!!", or "That boy throw hard!"
Originally posted by okdkid:
He's still training at the Niners facility. He wants to be a Niner. Just a matter of time now.

He's training at the facility because he's under contract and has cheap access to the food the facilities and the trainers and because he wants to be great

I also believe he's happy to be a 49er but rightly so he wants to be paid as the All Pro that he is and unlike a lotta posters here he is a top five WR and he should be paid like it and he will be
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
He's training at the facility because he's under contract and has cheap access to the food the facilities and the trainers and because he wants to be great

I also believe he's happy to be a 49er but rightly so he wants to be paid as the All Pro that he is and unlike a lotta posters here he is a top five WR and he should be paid like it and he will be

He doesn't have to. Most do not at this point in the offseason. Much less players in active contract negotiations
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by miked1978:

Yeah I understand other fans wanting to believe Purdy can never be great, I just don't understand some 9ers fans need to put a cap on his potential. All the talk last year was Trey had higher upside, but it was clear after watching them both play that Brock had more potential

Some people really don't know what they're seeing other than "That boy big n fast!!", or "That boy throw hard!"

I have always said that in order for me to be sold that Brock is the guy worth sitting a guy we forked over three firsts for he had to

1) beat Hurts
2) beat Mahomes

Well I have seen enough and I'm ultimately convinced that Brock is our guy. I saw him get a lead three times on Mahomes between the fourth quarter and OT. If not for Mahomes magic and the refs allowing KC OL to play like En Vogue out there we would be champions right now

Unlike last summer I am all in on Brock and I can admit that our front office did make a mistake drafting Treyas unbelievable as that abd yet we fixed it with Brock Purdy
Share 49ersWebzone