There are 225 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at ARIZONA CARDINALS - 2019 Game 8

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Listening to some breakdowns of AZ.

Sounds like their D is super vanilla. They play a ton of man and don't motion/follow guys. With all of Kyle's movement and motion pre-snap he's gonna be able to matchup whomever on whomever, which is scary if you're a AZ fan

Their LBers are trash in coverage and Kittle is gonna kill this D.

Literally the only issues I have with this game is jones vs Skule and Murray scrambling.

Imo this is gonna be a bloodbath.

Its the same scheme that Denver ran last year that the 49ers and Kittle went off on, just with a less talented defense.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
jeez maybe if Shanahan just knelt it before the half on Sunday instead of calling a pointless run play in the closing seconds Breida might be much better off

"They weren't able to do much yesterday. I don't think it would be an issue if we were playing Sunday. It's just a little bit of an issue because of how quick this game is coming. So when we travel there tonight, really how they wake up in the morning will be the biggest (thing).""

People can get injured on any play, you can't blame a coach for calling a run play where the running back gets injured. Even if it was a useless play.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Time for the Gold Dust defense to shine tonight on the little man.

I think you're the only one calling this defense gold dust
our next game after tonight is on Monday so we'll be going 2 consecutive Sunday's without Niner football.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Sounds like their D is super vanilla. They play a ton of man and don't motion/follow guys. With all of Kyle's movement and motion pre-snap he's gonna be able to matchup whomever on whomever, which is scary if you're a AZ fan

Literally the only issues I have with this game is jones vs Skule and Murray scrambling.

42-9 Niners.

Just finished watching their game against the Saints. Their Dline not very good weak against the run and no pressure. Reminded me of the 2017 Niners dline. They have to bring extra guys To generate pressure on Brees. A few times it works most other times Brees carved them. The back end of their defense has some speed.

Kyler is not even a Russell Wilson Jr caliber right now. Not sure you can even call that an offense what they are running in Arizona right now. They basically letting Murray make 1 read then go do whatever. 1 RB in the backfield is there make run or extra protect, slow down the rush a bit for Murray.

They get a splash play a few times, but when they get close to the redzone they can't get more than a field goal. They have a weak run game, and Murray can't go through progression to be effective in the redzone. They traded for a Miami RB but they gonna need more than that to improve to have an effective run game. Their offense lack of TOP not doing any favor for their weak defense. By the 4th qtr, they are gassed.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
IT'S GAMEDAY MOTHERf**kERS!

And a win tonight means we'll be 8-0 with a second bye week (of 3 )
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Its the same scheme that Denver ran last year that the 49ers and Kittle went off on, just with a less talented defense.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
our next game after tonight is on Monday so we'll be going 2 consecutive Sunday's without Niner football.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

And a win tonight means we'll be 8-0 with a second bye week (of 3 )

And we'll get all our guys back and be even badder.

Pretenders gonna leave the Cards with no Halloween candy
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 31, 2019 at 8:09 AM ]
I think the scrambling is going to be a problem. Not necessarily big chunk yardage but converting some 3rd downs and keeping drives alive. The game will be close early on with the Niners pulling away in the third. Ultimately, our running game and quick passes to Kittle will be too much for the Cards to stop as the Niners bleed the clock on long scoring drives to close out the game.

31-20 Niners.
Originally posted by Southpaw79:
I think the scrambling is going to be a problem. Not necessarily big chunk yardage but converting some 3rd downs and keeping drives alive. The game will be close early on with the Niners pulling away in the third. Ultimately, our running game and quick passes to Kittle will be too much for the Cards to stop as the Niners bleed the clock on long scoring drives to close out the game.

31-20 Niners.

When Kyler scrambles he's usually looking down field. Anything closer, it's too much traffic for him to process and throw consistently. Even a few 1st downs won't hurt much when they struggle in the redzone.

so Woods can help them prepare for sure. Remeber last year how great we looked with Saleh's help against JAX?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Share 49ersWebzone