There are 145 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ERS vs PIT STEELERS 🏗 Pregame Thread - 2019 Season Week 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ERS vs PIT STEELERS 🏗 Pregame Thread - 2019 Season Week 3

Originally posted by smithgdwg:
How come you get a few pages past something. Someone has to drag it back up...

Because sometimes you have to read to catch up. Along the way you might see something that strikes a nerve.
Originally posted by Seattle49er:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
How come you get a few pages past something. Someone has to drag it back up...

Because sometimes you have to read to catch up. Along the way you might see something that strikes a nerve.

Apparently the repeated warnings from the mods to drop the subject don't strike a big enough nerve to be paid attention to.
I feel really positive about this game, kinda feels like last week. Tampa's D + Cincy's offense are far superior to Pittsburgh as a unit. Regardless, they'll probly play us hard for the first 2 quarters. Penalties have killed Pittsburgh more than their talent proceeds, so that'll be the narrative of our 17 point favor. Pittsburgh's special teams have coughed up a lot of turnovers, that's where we get 'em the whole game. Force Tomlin out of his manipulative tempo, force mistakes, dominate field position. Box 'em into the crowd noise tunnels.

Another winnable game as long as our offense doesn't s**t penalties. Nothing fancy, it'll be a lot of running, get into the bye healthy. West coast noon game, noisy stadium, keep it simple, stay humble, get the win.

49ers
34-16
I haven't seen anything about how practice looked all week? Was Bosa and Ford practicing?

What about Hurd?
Originally posted by tankle104:
I haven't seen anything about how practice looked all week? Was Bosa and Ford practicing?

What about Hurd?

I'll give a quick answer until someone who knows more answers better.

Bosa - yes
Ford - sort of, walkthrough Friday
Hurd - dunno, don't think so
Can't take the Steelers lightly. Recall a similar scenario last year. Niners started their backup at the LA Chargers. We legit should've beaten them in their house last year with Beathard in his first start with worse talent than Pittsburgh has now. We were a play away.

On paper, sure we should win. But players have to come prepared. If they don't do their job like they're supposed to, the talent won't matter.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 21, 2019 at 4:40 PM ]
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

What about Hurd?

I'll give a quick answer until someone who knows more answers better.

Bosa - yes
Ford - sort of, walkthrough Friday
Hurd - dunno, don't think so

Thanks, I appreciate it!

I really like Deebo and think he has a strong future ahead. I just can't wait until Deebo is our number one, Hurd on the other side and Kittle at TE.

Going to be a fun offense to watch!

I hope we either sign someone In free agency or draft a guard/tackle In the first
Thanks, I appreciate it!

I really like Deebo and think he has a strong future ahead. I just can't wait until Deebo is our number one, Hurd on the other side and Kittle at TE.

Going to be a fun offense to watch!

I hope we either sign someone In free agency or draft a guard/tackle In the first

You're quite welcome!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Can't take the Steelers lightly. Recall a similar scenario last year. Niners started their backup at the LA Chargers. We legit should've beaten them in their house last year with Beathard in his first start with worse talent than Pittsburgh has now. We were a play away.

On paper, sure we should win. But players have to come prepared. If they don't do their job like they're supposed to, the talent won't matter.

I hear ya, but I really doubt anyone on the team thinks this will be a cakewalk.

This is all new to most of our players. We usually lose...no time for relaxing they're in #BeastMode
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I'm watching Oregon-Stanford. It looks HOT.

We can get our 3rd win in week 3. Last year we didn't get our 3rd win until week 14
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
We can get our 3rd win in week 3. Last year we didn't get our 3rd win until week 14

I don't know about all your thoughts but I believe we will learn just how devastating it is not to gave your starting left tackle. Skule wiffed big time against Chubb in our preseason matchup and Skule does not seem to have the agility and the quickness needed to be an effective replacement. I hope I am wrong, but not having Staley is almost like not having JimmyG. It severely handicaps our offense.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Yup, this fahkn sucks. I guess bar it is for me again. Would rather watch it at home but no choice, smh.

If your tech savy there is always a way. I live in SC and never miss a high def 9ers game!
[ Edited by Shorteous on Sep 21, 2019 at 6:25 PM ]
Really hope Dee Ford plays!

I also hope I don't lose my voice for work on Monday, yelling for the defense all day at Levi's!!

Let's bring it people!! We finally have a winning team. No excuses!
Share 49ersWebzone