There are 176 users in the forums

Tim Harris CB-Virginia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
Where did I say that Mosley was the norm? Now you're just being goofy everyone knows the later you get drafted (or undrafted) the harder it is to stick and have a successful career. Nobody ever said anything about McFadden either. Lol

Why bring up Mosley? Also you clearly weren't in the WZ when TM was here as a UDFA lol

This is correct I was not but I was never high on McFadden. We are in the wrong thread lol

Whats your take on Tim Harris?
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by NCommand:
This. It's natural for fans, including me, to overvalue our own and set up unrealistic expectations. I've gotten much more objective over the years on expectations for players, their roles, their talent, ceiling, etc. But I'll still delve into the unrealistic and unfair zone from time to time because it's fun. I call it the Will Dissley zone.

Us fans can get way to critical or way to excited over players. If the fans had it their way, we would never let a player leave for free agency and we would sign every big name free agent. We would have a 100 man roster.

Remember when fans thought Skule would be the long term replacement for Staley?

...and every player here is a HOF candidate too.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 22, 2020 at 9:21 AM ]
Where did I say that Mosley was the norm? Now you're just being goofy everyone knows the later you get drafted (or undrafted) the harder it is to stick and have a successful career. Nobody ever said anything about McFadden either. Lol

I appreciate a look into the dark horses (Hurd, Bourne, Moseley, Jennings, etc.).

The tighter we get to the cap, the more chances a Brunskill replaces a Person, so it's good to keep a close eye on guys like this esp. in a position group that could have a lot of turnover next year (DB).

I appreciate a look into the dark horses (Hurd, Bourne, Moseley, Jennings, etc.).

The tighter we get to the cap, the more chances a Brunskill replaces a Person, so it's good to keep a close eye on guys like this esp. in a position group that could have a lot of turnover next year (DB).

Yes even more so when we have not spent a lot of draft capitol on DB's in recent years. I enjoy deep diving into the "not as well known guys" especially with the success shanny and lynch have been having finding these longshots.
This is correct I was not but I was never high on McFadden. We are in the wrong thread lol

Whats your take on Tim Harris?

I actually like Harris. He has good ball skills, physical, decent anticipation, great tackler...played in a similar scheme to SF.

IMO he would have been a earlier day 3 pick if not for all the injuries. If he's healthy he's got a real shot to make the active roster.

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 22, 2020 at 6:32 PM ]

Yes even more so when we have not spent a lot of draft capitol on DB's in recent years. I enjoy deep diving into the "not as well known guys" especially with the success shanny and lynch have been having finding these longshots.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
the time he played (pre season) The Six Shootah looked very very aggressive.. that's a very good sign if you wanna play corner on our D !!

Yes...this isint NBA ball. Undrafted guys legitimately have the potential for HOF careers in this league.

If this werent the case...our interest in the NFL draft year after year would evaporate.
Originally posted by 9moon:
the time he played (pre season) The Six Shootah looked very very aggressive.. that's a very good sign if you wanna play corner on our D !!

Should have had a pick 6

Does everyone think Harris is better than Acy and Tabor? I think I got Acy tbh

Originally posted by Waterbear:

I agree, I think Harris may be better suited at Saftey.

I like Harris more than all three. Health is his issue, he would have been 4/5th rd pick if not for them.
I'm just curious. How much film have you seen on this guy. Other than the highlight films, have any of you actually seen him play over a whole season? I ask this because he isn't like Tua or some of the star players who are featured every week on TV. I guess I'm asking if you've really seen enough of him to form a real opinion? I'm always reluctant to form any opinion based on highlight films since they are obviously plays where the guy looks good. What is he doing during the other plays? Example: If I just saw highlight films of Kaepernick I would think he's one of the greatest QBs ever which he isn't.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jun 23, 2020 at 9:58 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I like Harris more than all three. Health is his issue, he would have been 4/5th rd pick if not for them.

I'm not saying you're wrong cause we really don't know but being drafted higher doesn't automatically mean they will be better.

Breida and Joe Williams come to mind.

Acy had a lot better stats per game than Harris did. But we'll see.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm just curious. How much film have you seen on this guy. Other than the highlight films, have any of you actually seen him play over a whole season? I ask this because he isn't like Tua or some of the star players who are featured every week on TV. I guess I'm asking if you've really seen enough of him to form a real opinion? I'm always reluctant to form any opinion based on highlight films since they are obviously plays where the guy looks good. What is he doing during the other plays? Example: If I just saw highlight films of Kaepernick I would think he's one of the greatest QBs ever which he isn't.

Not sure what other guys do, but if I can't actually watch a lot of their games (I watch a lot of college ball).

I rely on TDN, they will give you two games to watch of a prospect. Best game/worst game. A lot of the time you can find just their reps on YouTube.

Tim Harris' two games to watch were 2018 South Carolina (Best) and worst was Duke.
Share 49ersWebzone