LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 213 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
He's off to a great start!

Cant wait to see this guy sack the s**t outta jameis winston!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I'm wondering if Ben Peterson is going to put accelerometers on all the 49er players.

The early story of the 49ers' offseason program was the slew of injuries facing coach Kyle Shanahan and his revamped training staff, headlined by new head of player health and performance, Ben Peterson.
Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article230805904.html#storylink=cpy
I was curious how other teams are doing with injuries so I found a website (CBS) that lists all the players for each team that are questionable for training camp. Every team has a lot of guys that fall into this category. Some of them have nearly as many as the NIners with the average being around 10-12 per team. I'm sure most of this is just precautionary but at least it shows that we aren't the only ones going through this.
  • HERN
  • Veteran

I can always count on you to give me lol's

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I was curious how other teams are doing with injuries so I found a website (CBS) that lists all the players for each team that are questionable for training camp. Every team has a lot of guys that fall into this category. Some of them have nearly as many as the NIners with the average being around 10-12 per team. I'm sure most of this is just precautionary but at least it shows that we aren't the only ones going through this.

we just have a fan base that uses them as excuses more than any other fan base in my opinion
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Well with regards to Ben Peterson, (our medicals guy) he's a big proponent of measuring objectively a player (what he calls) load and stress. He uses accelerometers among other things, to actually measure athletes during games. And I guess using those types of gadgets, accurately measure how much a players body is breaking down under stress and rest him accordingly.

In other words, he's not just going to rely on a players own opinions as to whether the player feels good to go or not. In Bosas case, I think that affected the decision to rest him for a lot longer than what the previous medical regime would have done.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Well with regards to Ben Peterson, (our medicals guy) he's a big proponent of measuring objectively a player (what he calls) load and stress. He uses accelerometers among other things, to actually measure athletes during games. And I guess using those types of gadgets, accurately measure how much a players body is breaking down under stress and rest him accordingly.

In other words, he's not just going to rely on a players own opinions as to whether the player feels good to go or not. In Bosas case, I think that affected the decision to rest him for a lot longer than what the previous medical regime would have done.

So how long this Ben Peterson dude wanted to rest our Bosa? One thing for sure, Bosa will be the starting DE come regular season game 1. No doubt about it.

I can't stop laughing at this. Nice work!
Is that Nick as a child or just random awesomeness? I hope it's the former but great either way.

This cat sign yet?

Perfect response
Originally posted by cciowa:

we just have a fan base that uses them as excuses more than any other fan base in my opinion

This, as in life, is all about quality instead of quantity. More about who is injured than how many.
[ Edited by Bluesbro on May 27, 2019 at 5:58 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Perfect response

The only response really
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GarnerValleyFan:
So how long this Ben Peterson dude wanted to rest our Bosa? One thing for sure, Bosa will be the starting DE come regular season game 1. No doubt about it.

This Ben Peterson guy seems to be very conservative. Looks like Bosa will miss mini-camp but will be on track for training camp.

The accelerometer idea is an interesting one. Ben can measure wear and tear of a players body using his software and hardware stuff.

Sometimes players will push thier bodies too hard, and it's the medical trainers to make sure they have time to heal. So I agree that there should be some device to augment a players own opinion of how much his body can take- I think it gives trainers a more balanced view of a players real health, than simply relying on the player themselves.
Share 49ersWebzone