LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 292 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Ford has a breakout season this year - stays healthy and gets 10+ sacks. I think him and Nick have a big season.

Originally posted by thl408:
When this happens, Bosa probably fails a pass rush rep but he should get a coverage snap win. Any RB/WR/TE that does this has basically killed his route and is much easier to cover.

Truthfully, I know some guys need to be chipped.

But I don't see much difference between that and a blindside block. I don't want it outlawed but a moving crack block would be flagged no?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:

But I don't see much difference between that and a blindside block. I don't want it outlawed but a moving crack block would be flagged no?

Just from my perspective, but a blind side block is more dangerous because it's totally unexpected. In Bosa and Ford's case, to a certain extent, it's predictable and as others have said, and you actually *want* the offense to chip block your DE. It's a defensive win. But it's predictable and to a certain extent - the DE can see it coming or at least have it at the back of his mind. It's not totally unexpected or unwanted, in my opinion, vs the more dangerous blind side block.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Just from my perspective, but a blind side block is more dangerous because it's totally unexpected. In Bosa and Ford's case, to a certain extent, it's predictable and as others have said, and you actually *want* the offense to chip block your DE. It's a defensive win. But it's predictable and to a certain extent - the DE can see it coming or at least have it at the back of his mind. It's not totally unexpected or unwanted, in my opinion, vs the more dangerous blind side block.

True, and like I said I don't want another soft a** rule change that makes the game even softer.
You cant block below the knees or blind side on a chip -- which is a description of blocking assignment not technique. Chip blocks mean contact but dont engage. You still have to apply force legally.

Anyway this all about Bosa's statless dominance last year. A lot of plays other oc's assigned a double team plus an eligible player to spy /chip bosa. That means were playing 10v8 and 7v4 in the defensive backfield and 3v3 rushing. Uphill climp for them. The other team has to be beyond perfect.
I'm so annoyed seeing Nick Bosa trending today...I understand the guy said some questionable things in his past but it's pretty damn clear his teammates, including his black teammates love him.

I hate twitter sometimes and the spread of misinformation that happens on there all the time.
Here's the RG we all want on this team...Bosa just pushing him away like a kid

Originally posted by NYniner85:

I remember Jags/Raider fans still bringing up sack totals after this game and all you could do was shake your head.

He was dominant in that Saints game. As bad as our D played Nick was consistently disruptive in that game. Imagine if he got to tee off on older statue QBs like RIvers, Eli Manning who don't get the ball out quick?
Originally posted by genus49:

I remember Jags/Raider fans still bringing up sack totals after this game and all you could do was shake your head.

He was dominant in that Saints game. As bad as our D played Nick was consistently disruptive in that game. Imagine if he got to tee off on older statue QBs like RIvers, Eli Manning who don't get the ball out quick?

If Dee Ford would have played more than 4 snaps that game
why is everyone on twitter making the same joke about bosa requesting a trade after the 49ers blackout tweet?

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
why is everyone on twitter making the same joke about bosa requesting a trade after the 49ers blackout tweet?

Cause he said Kaps a clown when he was like 16 and therefore he's a racist?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I've seen a lot of people finally come around to understanding what Kaep was kneeling for. I haven't seen any comments from Bosa but hopefully he's one of the people that now understands what it all was about
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Kap kneeled because of minority injustices - nothing since then has changed. Now, everyone is saying that he was right - no s**t, Maynard.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jun 3, 2020 at 9:37 PM ]

Warrford isn't worth the money, Brunskill will do just fine, plus Warford is too slow to play in our system.
Originally posted by MagaBosa:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I've seen a lot of people finally come around to understanding what Kaep was kneeling for. I haven't seen any comments from Bosa but hopefully he's one of the people that now understands what it all was about

Originally posted by mayo49:
Kap kneeled because of minority injustices - nothing since then has changed. Now, everyone is saying that he was right - no s**t, Maynard.

thought this thread was no politics
Share 49ersWebzone