LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 167 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
The fact that the front office expected anything other than this outcome is just plain stupid. Anyone could have told you this guy was done.

Waste of time and a roster spot. Should have brought someone who was actually proven, healthy and reliable. Now it's biting us with friggin Moseley in the starting lineup. Lynch is not a bright man.

Like?

Like... any of the names about #17 (where Verrett is slotted) on this list of 2019 FAs: https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2019CB.php

There is nobody on that list who provided the best bang for the buck signing. We rolled the dice that he can stay healthy. It worked out for us with Sherman.
Didn't work out in this case.

Pretending the move was bad now is lame.

Pretty much everyone at the time thought it was a low risk high reward move.
I love it when people say Lynch is an idiot or Lynch is not smart. The guy was smart enough to get into Stanford and smart enough to play at a high level in the NFL for a long time. Some of his choices haven't worked but several have. I'd say he's smarter than 99% of the people on this forum when it comes to football.
McKinnon V2
The Lynch haters are back i see. Not much else to complain about except a guy who played 3 plays all year.

We UNDEFEATED though!!!
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I love it when people say Lynch is an idiot or Lynch is not smart. The guy was smart enough to get into Stanford and smart enough to play at a high level in the NFL for a long time. Some of his choices haven't worked but several have. I'd say he's smarter than 99% of the people on this forum when it comes to football.

Please. Most of his football decisions have been horrible. Solomon Thomas pick #3,Reuben Foster 1st round pick,Jalen Hurd hasn't seen the field,Street hasn't seen the field,gave up a 2nd round pick and gave a big extension to a guy with a chronic knee(Dee Ford),Jerrick McKinnon hasn't seen the field. He has missed a lot more then he has hit. For the love of God we now have Mosely,Ward or Dontae Johnson playing opposite Richard Sherman. There's no way in the world anyone the 49ers worked out is worse than Dontae Johnson.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:

Please. Most of his football decisions have been horrible. Solomon Thomas pick #3,Reuben Foster 1st round pick,Jalen Hurd hasn't seen the field,Street hasn't seen the field,gave up a 2nd round pick and gave a big extension to a guy with a chronic knee(Dee Ford),Jerrick McKinnon hasn't seen the field. He has missed a lot more then he has hit. For the love of God we now have Mosely,Ward or Dontae Johnson playing opposite Richard Sherman. There's no way in the world anyone the 49ers worked out is worse than Dontae Johnson.

You can look at any team in the league and you will see similar results. Dee Ford has been a contributor in spite of the knee. McKinnon was ore Kyle than Lynch. Thomas is really the only one that has been a bust so far. Foster played well his first season and most people felt he was a steal at the end of the first round. I can't blame Lynch for not knowing that Foster and his girl friend had a toxic relationship that would lead to his release.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Perfect!

Jimmy G
Matt Brieda
Juice
Goodwin
Samuel
James
Kittle
McGlinchey
Juice
Bosa
Alexander
Werner
Greenlaw
Ford
Sherman
To name a few of the decisions that have payed off.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Jimmy G - Fell into our laps.
Matt Brieda - great pickup
Juice - overpaid, but good pickup
Goodwin - not sure how you can count this one
Samuel - too early to tell, but looks good
James - Wont find a bigger RJJ fan than me, but he hasnt done anything worth noting
Kittle - THE best draft pick by Lynch
McGlinchey - Very good pick
Juice - Juice again?
Bosa - no brainer pick, no credit should be given
Alexander - too early to tell, but looks like a great signing
Werner - Very good draft pick
Greenlaw - I guess.
Ford - looks like a star, but injury concerns
Sherman - paid off really well

see my comments in your post.

I dont think that all of them have paid off, nor do I think Lynch deserves credit for all of them. But its not nearly as bad as some want to believe. Just blowing 2 first round picks sucks, so people focus on that.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
James - Wont find a bigger RJJ fan than me, but he hasnt done anything worth noting
Juice - Juice again?
Greenlaw - I guess.

I dont think that all of them have paid off, nor do I think Lynch deserves credit for all of them. But its not nearly as bad as some want to believe. Just blowing 2 first round picks sucks, so people focus on that.

I just don't get the hate. He's a GM of a 3-0 team in which he pretty much overhauled the entire roster to fit his coaches system. What else do people want
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Juice - Juice again?
Greenlaw - I guess.

I just don't get the hate. He's a GM of a 3-0 team in which he pretty much overhauled the entire roster to fit his coaches system. What else do people want

Lynch could put together a Super Bowl team and people would say he didn't do it right.

They want to fire him and be able to point to 100 whiny complaints, puff up their chest and say "See! I was ALWAYS right about that loser Lynch!"

That's their agenda and endgame. That's their victory.
It's wonderful to have the benefit of hindsight. I wish some of the complainers were the GM. Then all our draft picks would be starting and the free agents would be pro bowlers. Maybe they should apply for the job instead of sitting on their butt and eating pizza.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
It's wonderful to have the benefit of hindsight. I wish some of the complainers were the GM. Then all our draft picks would be starting and the free agents would be pro bowlers. Maybe they should apply for the job instead of sitting on their butt and eating pizza.

Share 49ersWebzone