LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bow Run? →

There are 150 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This guy is either gonna be a huge addition and steal or cut before preseson ends. no inbetween imo.
Originally posted by RocketMan:
But an ACL, a knee, then an achilles, that seems like a lot to overcome.

These guys are apart of the top 1% of athletes around the world, they're freaks of nature... Nothing is too big
Originally posted by 49erJay:

These guys are apart of the top 1% of athletes around the world, they're freaks of nature... Nothing is too big

They're still human. It's a tough hill to climb.

But hell, even derrick rose is making a small comeback.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erJay:

The knee the 2nd time wasn't reinjured, it was a clean up repair of the original ACL because it wasn't done right.
He has one of the top PFF scores for a CB, but has dealt with a lot of Jimmy Wards.
2015 had over a 90% rating which was tied for tops in the league, very physical corner which we need some attitude on our defense, hope he can stay healthy and get back to that
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Per Schefter.

surely they got the contracts of this guy and Jimmie Ward confused....
I like the signing. It increases the odds of fielding a starting CB. Witherspoon having a breakout season, or Moore having a breakout season, or Verrett staying healthy.
Originally posted by captainhook:
I like the signing. It increases the odds of fielding a starting CB. Witherspoon having a breakout season, or Moore having a breakout season, or Verrett staying healthy.

+1
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Per Schefter.

Damn, beat me to it! Really good news...his medicals must have checked out. Just stay healthy and Verrett is going to be an excellent addition to the secondary.

I was pulling for you.

• thl408
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Assuming Verrett will play outside, this is a refreshing addition given that he's far from their prototypical CB. Verrett allows them to play more man and matchup coverages. Love it.

I dig it. The coaches apparently stopped thinking that a CB must be over 6 feet. If a CB can cover, he can play.

Also, he knows concepts of this scheme in playing/learning the last two years under Bradley.

He played in one game under Bradley's scheme so there isn't much in terms of on field experience, just lots of meeting rooms. He was drafted by the Chargers when John Pagano was DC, to be a man coverage defender. Besides 49er coaches willing to acquire a sub 6 footer, this acquisition also shows them wanting a player known more for his man coverage abilities (when healthy). Does that tell us something about the 2019 defense?
Can't be mad about a 1 year prove it deal!
Originally posted by 49ersFanCJinPA:
Originally posted by captainhook:

+1

Agreed
thank god he is not 6 feet with long arms. Saleh is actually evolving? One can hope.
If he can stay healthy.....BOOM! Great sign!
Share 49ersWebzone