LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 392 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ERS @ KC CHIEFS 🏹 Gameday Thread - 2018 Season Week 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Sunshine:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Chiefs are a fun team to watch. They're like a real-life Madden team that goes for explosive plays on every down. I can't wait to see them play the Jaguars in two weeks.

This for sure.

Huge props to them. It was torture watching them move the ball at will in the first half but I'm positive we won't be the last team they do that to this season. They're going to embarrass better defenses than ours.

You know football season sucks when people are excited to watch the jags.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
That chiefs offense is incredible

Andy is light years ahead of Kyle

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. it's the defense, my dude.

The offense only has 7 points.

Try again. the defense couldnt make a stop 4 times in a row.
The mos frustrating game thus far. And for me most of the blame goes to Shanny.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you. If Saleh knew anything about what to do, he would have had these guys ready to go. It's painfully obvious that this team needs to learn to tackle first and foremost. This is a basic function in which is a requirement to have a good defense.

2ndly, the most glaring weakness was once again pass rush. Missing out on Mack was big but in hindsight may have been a good thing and here's why. I'm a realist in that the 49ers aren't going anywhere without Jimmy G. Imagine if we were paying for Mack right now and Jimmy G. I was a huge proponent of getting him but didn't know Jimmy would blow out his ACL.

Now is the time to tank and tank hard. This team needs edge rushers, DB's, a top flight WR, and I'm thinking maybe a safety because Tartt is always hurt.

We've lost our top running back and quarterback and there is not one team that I know of that could recover from this.

Stay faithful 49ers fans because the future is bright and when we get our RB and QB back next yr, we will be better for it and will have some new toys to use. Wear your jerseys proudly because we live and die Red and Gold.
As high as everyone are about the chiefs offense, the rams are barely behind them in terms of points and yards.
Originally posted by PacTiger:
As high as everyone are about the chiefs offense, the rams are barely behind them in terms of points and yards.

The Rams are one cheap shot seahawk hit on Goff or Gurley away from barely sucking as much as us...their two touted FA additions in the secondary already got dinged up yesterday, now they've got to face the embarrassed and pissed off Vikings on a short week
Chiefs are a fun team to watch. They're like a real-life Madden team that goes for explosive plays on every down. I can't wait to see them play the Jaguars in two weeks.

They are one dimensional and that ain't gonna win a championship but I surmise for their fans it's fun to watch. Had the Bethard TD stood , it would have been interesting to see KC try to run out the clock on their 7 point lead.

That point in the season will come eventually to see if they pass that test. They remind me of a hitting baseball team with no pitching and when the hitting dries up , well ...
Chiefs always start off hot and cool down when it starts to matter I expect the same this year. Mahomes will also start to get exposed as the year goes on I don't think he's really that good
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I wish nothing but pain and misery for the Chiefs
This team always plays like crap the first half of 10am games. The only time we haven't is when they stayed on the east coast during the Harbaugh years. Need to figure that out.

Despite all that, the refs screwed us out of a chance to win. The hideous calls on Juice, and Williams make it an 8 point swing.

Were still trending in the right direction, but need to dump Marsh and get a real pass rusher or several. QBs have all day, so the secondary is always going to struggle. At least JG's young. Patriots got curb stomped by the Lions, so people in here need to chill out a bit.

Originally posted by 49erforlife:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you. If Saleh knew anything about what to do, he would have had these guys ready to go. It's painfully obvious that this team needs to learn to tackle first and foremost. This is a basic function in which is a requirement to have a good defense.

2ndly, the most glaring weakness was once again pass rush. Missing out on Mack was big but in hindsight may have been a good thing and here's why. I'm a realist in that the 49ers aren't going anywhere without Jimmy G. Imagine if we were paying for Mack right now and Jimmy G. I was a huge proponent of getting him but didn't know Jimmy would blow out his ACL.

Now is the time to tank and tank hard. This team needs edge rushers, DB's, a top flight WR, and I'm thinking maybe a safety because Tartt is always hurt.

We've lost our top running back and quarterback and there is not one team that I know of that could recover from this.

Stay faithful 49ers fans because the future is bright and when we get our RB and QB back next yr, we will be better for it and will have some new toys to use. Wear your jerseys proudly because we live and die Red and Gold.
Here's why I blame Shanny:

Not one of the problems we had yesterday are new. The team was completely out matched and showed all the signs of being unprepared. The offense got nothing done in the first half. The defense looked totally unprepared, could not get any stops, didn't even force a punt until the 3red quarter, and once again the lack of pass rush was painfully obvious. The team continues to get penalized due to lack of discipline. Poor tackling CONTINUES to be an issue! I'm sorry Bro, that's all coaching, and that falls on Shanny. It's his job to make sure the team - the WHOLE team, not just the offense - is prepared, which we weren't. These were all "per-existing conditions". The only thing I don't fault the team or caches for is that awful offensive pass interference in the end zone that, in my mind, deflated us.

Now, I'll always remain faithful. That'll never change. But that don't mean I won't I won't call it like I see it. I coach football. I'm telling you, when teams look like we looked yesterday that's speaks to coaching. Many of the fears I had going into the season are showing up. We are a finesse team that lacks physicality.

I initially had us getting at least 10 wins. Now, I can't see us getting more than 5 or 6 wins. I admit, I may have expected too much. But I didn't expect us to look like we looked yesterday.

Shanny is a brilliant play designer and play caller. But I think he's gonna have to hire an assistant HC to coach the coaches (something I don't think he's adept at), someone who can make sure the whole team is prepared, instill discipline to reduce penalties, and ensure better tackling techniques is taught.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
We might as well play Sherman by himself in the defensive backfield. Our other DB's look clueless and can't cover or tackle. We have no pass rush, and no matter the lip service given to Armistead and Thomas, they are wasted first rounders. And I thought Kansas' defense was suspect? Not against our offense, they aren't! It's so difficult to watch this pasting! The veins in my head are about to explode! Can't help but think our defensive problems aren't partially the fault of coaching and not entirely that of a dearth of talent, and just maybe, we're looking at a possible Super Bowl team in Kansas?

There will not be a Super Bowl team in Kansas because there is no professional football team in Kansas.

Apparently geography is hard for some people.
Originally posted by LenCat:

9/23 1:00 ET At Philadelphia -6.5 Indianapolis 47.5
9/23 1:00 ET At Carolina -3 Cincinnati 44
9/23 1:00 ET At Jacksonville -7.5 Tennessee 39.5
9/23 1:00 ET At Atlanta -3 New Orleans 53.5
9/23 1:00 ET At Baltimore -5.5 Denver 44
9/23 1:00 ET At Houston -6 NY Giants 41.5
9/23 1:00 ET At Miami -3 Oakland 43.5
9/23 1:00 ET Green Bay -3 At Washington 45.5
9/23 1:00 ET At Minnesota -16.5 Buffalo 41
9/23 1:00 ET At Kansas City -6.5 San Francisco 56.5
9/23 4:05 ET At LA Rams -7 LA Chargers 48
9/23 4:25 ET Chicago -6 At Arizona 37.5
9/23 4:25 ET At Seattle -1.5 Dallas 41.5
9/23 8:20 ET New England -6.5 At Detroit 52
9/24 8:15 ET Pittsburgh -1 At Tampa Bay 53.5

Originally posted by LVJay:
Three reasons why we will win...
1. Shanny blasting Lil Wayne and Drake at practice (so loud that they can't hear the snap count)
2. Mahomes sounds dead on Scott Farrell (Farrell On The Bench) in some interviews.
3. #BookIt ..... errrytime someone mentions book it in here (when it's in our favor), they are ALWAYS right!! So, BOOK IT!!

Originally posted by 9erguy:
49ers do have the better defense and Mahomie is not going to throw 5tds and no picks every game.

Originally posted by awp8912:
Fun fact about RoverSports, he called Mahomes before the season started and his Superbowl prediction was Chiefs vs 49ers

Originally posted by niners94:
KC can score but can't play defense. Should be a shootout.

Originally posted by Andra:
Madden simulation on NFL.com app has the Niners winning 27-19. Chiefs don't find the end zone until the fourth quarter.

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I hope we hire Pete Carroll as our new DC once Paul Allen fires him.

Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Morris and Breida be like thunder and lightning

Originally posted by Antix:
Feed this man

Originally posted by ElDannMann:
What impresses me the most about him is his vision and patience with running the ball, reminds me of poor man's Frank Gore. I hope he keeps excelling and getting better in Shanny's system.

Buckner's pass-rush versatility is proving to be valuable

In just two games, Buckner has rushed the passer at edge defender more than he did all of last season, and early results are promising.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
IMO, Buck will keep improving as a pass rusher as the season goes on.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Anyone going to the game?

Bring your AIDS blanket.

LOL...
Share 49ersWebzone