LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 371 users in the forums

Marcell Harris, linebacker, Florida

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The more I read about this kid the more I like pick.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Liked all their interviews...sharp, well-spoken draft class.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Yeah I was scratching my head when we picked him cause I kept wanting us to pick OO but watching that highlight, woo, love another player like that in the back end
Originally posted by NCommand:

Liked all their interviews...sharp, well-spoken draft class.

The way he spoke in his interview reminded me of Frank Gore.

But hes from Florida, and he admitted he didn't know what team John Lynch played for....Are we that far ahead in the future where people born in the late 90's dont even know John Lynch's career?

Good guy, but was projected UDFA, coming off achilles tear, would have been there in 7th
Originally posted by MK_Ultra:

Good guy, but was projected UDFA, coming off achilles tear, would have been there in 7th

If not for the Achilles he would have gone much higher(from what I've read he'll be ready for TC)...4 star recruit coming into college, NFL body, hard hitter, snagged a couple INTs etc...this was suppose to be his season if not for the injury. Great prospect for a in the box safety and backup to Tartt.

I honestly don't care if you draft someone like that in the 6th vs the 7th. You have no idea if he's there in the 7th, teams were all over the board with picks this yr.

I love how people assume they know when a player will be drafted...if they wanted him who cares, it's a day 3 pick.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 4, 2018 at 4:32 AM ]

If not for the Achilles he would have gone much higher(from what I've read he'll be ready for TC)...4 star recruit coming into college, NFL body, hard hitter, snagged a couple INTs etc...this was suppose to be his season if not for the injury. Great prospect for a in the box safety and backup to Tartt.

I honestly don't care if you draft someone like that in the 6th vs the 7th. You have no idea if he's there in the 7th, teams were all over the board with picks this yr.

I love how people assume they know when a player will be drafted...if they wanted him who cares, it's a day 3 pick.

And Jimmie is still here, Chancellor coming back. People talk s**t about red shirt program but what's the point of drafting a healthy guy that you know isn't better than guys you have already?

Another thing is guys can get injured when they're already on your team.. People always acting like an injury means your career is over lol.
I think he makes the team and is probably active on game days.

It's going to be tough when they have to let more than half of their DBs go on cut down days but Harris will have to really blow it to not make it.
Originally posted by Scoots:
I think he makes the team and is probably active on game days.

It's going to be tough when they have to let more than half of their DBs go on cut down days but Harris will have to really blow it to not make it.

Our CB group was non existent. I think all of our rookie DBs will make the squad.. Harris included, I'm very excited all around as far as DB group goes. Kwaunn Williams might be the guy that becomes eventual trade bait with Jimmie and Reed on the team. Might just be a numbers game type of deal.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 6, 2018 at 12:07 AM ]
I think I read somewhere that we are going to move him to tight end, but thats only on offense. On defense we're going to play him at pass rush

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I think I read somewhere that we are going to move him to tight end, but thats only on offense. On defense we're going to play him at pass rush

LOL. But if Lynch said that all of the lackey's on this board would say "great idea" and if you questioned that plan they would chastise you daring to disagree with the great and powerful Shanalynch

Neither of us is a draft expert, but every single draft publication projected Harris as an UDFA.
DB's have a very hard time coming back from achilles tears, and his college career was undistinguished.

Obviously Lynch liked him, but a high 6th rd pick is valuable and should not be wasted. If the player they like (Harris) isn't worth the price (a 6th) then it's best to try and trade back and pick up an extra pick later like an extra 7th etc. Day 3 picks are very important.
[ Edited by MK_Ultra on May 6, 2018 at 1:35 AM ]

I'm with you. This might be the guy nobody knew about let alone was happy when picked that suprises the hell out of us all. Hoping at least, and I'm confident that at the very least he'll be a special teams staple and stud
He's a perfect fit for Reid's role. He's a SS that can come down and play more of an OLB role.

He could be a nice pickup if he recovers and gets back to full mobility. No complaints with this pickup.
Neither of us is a draft expert, but every single draft publication projected Harris as an UDFA.
DB's have a very hard time coming back from achilles tears, and his college career was undistinguished.

Obviously Lynch liked him, but a high 6th rd pick is valuable and should not be wasted. If the player they like (Harris) isn't worth the price (a 6th) then it's best to try and trade back and pick up an extra pick later like an extra 7th etc. Day 3 picks are very important.

It's a day 3 pick and if they wanted him draft him plain and simple...if he's a UDFA he picks where he wants to go.

I love how you know if he was or wasn't worth the draft pick...armchair GMs, acting like there aren't 31 other teams drafting lol
Share 49ersWebzone