LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 163 users in the forums

What's Jimmy worth?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's Jimmy worth?

• fly15
  • Veteran
30 mil
There have been QB's that flamed out like shooting stars in a short periods of time, Matt Flynn, RG3, Kaep to name a few. If you go back in NFL history there are many. They never reach stardom and it sets the franchise back years. Now my take, in terms of the eye test Jimmy G has it all. His footwork in the pocket reminds me of you know who. Quick release, pocket awareness, command of the huddle, surveying the entire field, he checks all the boxes. If this guy isn't the real deal I know nothing about football.
I'll chip in all of my Bitcoin *COUGH DOGECOIN

Originally posted by napo:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
These are the top 2017 salaries. Are some of you serious to make him top 3 overall? I want to sign him long term, but be realistic about what he can get.

Lions QB Matthew Stafford: $27 million
Raiders QB Derek Carr: $25 million
Colts QB Andrew Luck: $24.6 million
Saints QB Drew Brees: $24.3 million
Redskins QB Kirk Cousins: $23.9 million
Ravens QB Joe Flacco: $22.1 million
Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: $22 million
Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: $21.9 million
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger: $21.85 million
Cardinals QB Carson Palmer: $21 million;
Giants QB Eli Manning: $21 million

In a market that continuosly resets itself and a high demand for FQB's, he can likely get 24-25 million now.

Stafford: overrated and inconsistent.
Carr: A big disappointment
Luck: Will he ever play at a high level again?
Brees: 100 years old
Etc, etc.

No reason why Jimmy should get less than any of them. Appears to be a much better prospect at this point!

It's not about what he has orbhssmt done as compared to other guys but what would his value be in the market? How much would ARI or Miami, or DEN lay for him? Its like pawn stars, yhe value based off previous sales can be one thing, but what do experts say often, "if you got a real competitive auction I could see it even going as high as ____"

That's how you have to think aboutbhis value. The Bears gave Mike Glennon what, 15 mil? You don't think another team wouldn't blow 24 or 25 on him?
he'd be worth Garoppolo
Looks like his agent is expecting Derek Carr money. He's already rejected a 4 yr deal averaging $17M+ from the Pats before he was traded. Here's a line from the ESPN article

"The Patriots repeatedly offered Garoppolo four-year contract extensions, in the $17 million to $18 million range annually that would go higher if and when he succeeded Brady. "
Looks like his agent is expecting Derek Carr money. He's already rejected a 4 yr deal averaging $17M+ from the Pats before he was traded. Here's a line from the ESPN article

"The Patriots repeatedly offered Garoppolo four-year contract extensions, in the $17 million to $18 million range annually that would go higher if and when he succeeded Brady. "

He rejected it because he wanted to be a starter.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

He rejected it because he wanted to be a starter.

Without a doubt
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
7 Years, 225 million, 150 million guaranteed!!

The sad thing is that I can that being an elite QB contract by 2027 rolls around. I remmeber twenty years ago, an elite contract for a QB was 8-9 million (steve young's contract). Ten years ago, I remember it being in the 14 million range. Now it's up to 25 million dollar range?

Nothing compared to what basketball players get. There are terrible players that are always getting contracts close to 20 mil a year. Top players get 40 mil a year now. And usually fully guaranteed That's the benefit of not having to share cap space with 52 other guys.

Give it to him. The last thing the 49ers need is a pissed off QB. Front load that mother f**ker so it will have a huge impact in years 1-3 and not so much in years 4-7. That way, when it's time to re-sign guys like Foster, Buckner and......whoever, they will have the dough. And on top of that, they can still be aggressive in free agency.
Who cares if we give him $30 plus million a year!!??!!

1. It's not any of our money.

2. It's worth that and more to get his loyalty and dedication to winning it will bring.

3. We haven't had a superstar franchise QB in almost 2 decades.

4. We have Paarage Marathe (sp) he will work out the cap numbers to make it work out.

5. After building a top contender for a couple seasons if we need to rework Jimmys deal he's a team player that will be devoted to winning and will have built loyalty to the team for treating him good during this time.

PAY HIM!! OVER PAY HIM!!!!

It will all come back.
Who really cares how much as long as his signature is on the paper.
That's all that needs to happen - just sign the f**cker.
Originally posted by napo:
Originally posted by evil:
These are the top 2017 salaries. Are some of you serious to make him top 3 overall? I want to sign him long term, but be realistic about what he can get.

Lions QB Matthew Stafford: $27 million
Raiders QB Derek Carr: $25 million
Colts QB Andrew Luck: $24.6 million
Saints QB Drew Brees: $24.3 million
Redskins QB Kirk Cousins: $23.9 million
Ravens QB Joe Flacco: $22.1 million
Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: $22 million
Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: $21.9 million
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger: $21.85 million
Cardinals QB Carson Palmer: $21 million;
Giants QB Eli Manning: $21 million

In a market that continuosly resets itself and a high demand for FQB's, he can likely get 24-25 million now.

Stafford: overrated and inconsistent.
Carr: A big disappointment
Luck: Will he ever play at a high level again?
Brees: 100 years old
Etc, etc.

No reason why Jimmy should get less than any of them. Appears to be a much better prospect at this point!

Even if we paid $27 per year, we would lock him in. Get him inked for 6+ years. Then watch other QBs come in and get bigger contracts and we have our FQB locked in while they do their negotiations.

When have we EVER had this much hope since Montana and Young?
Originally posted by Who-is-Hayne:
Who really cares how much as long as his signature is on the paper.
That's all that needs to happen - just sign the f**cker.

Normally I'd argue and say saving money is important so we could spend it on other positions. But the fact is that we have a s**t load of cap. Our young players are years away from having to be extended. And we absolutely ain't s**t without jimmy .

Everybody saying that he doesn't deserve stafford money yet is trippin. Might be right. But the cold hard fact is that if we don't pay him that, then someone else will.

In the grand scheme of things. 25 mil a year isn't different at all from 28 mil a year. So just give the man his money. I have full confidence that lynch and paraag are gonna treat him right .
Share 49ersWebzone