LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 297 users in the forums

Are the Niners improving?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I read the title of the thread and think:

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Absolutely not. Goodwin is still a number three. Would you count on Goodwin to dominate a top corner? I'd rather have him matched up against a team's second or third best corner.

goodwin has matched up against team's #1 corner and has faired very well since Jimmy G took over.

Not knocking Goodwin, but I can't crown him with only 3 weeks under his belt when he's been a number 4 his entire career until now. You can also look at it this way, if we do take Ridley with our first pick and have a healthy Garcon next year, can you imagine what Goodwin would do against a team's third best corner? I think IF Goodwin continues to play the way he has, then he will be our future number two receiver. I'll also say this, there will be NO loading the box at all with the group of receivers we'd have in 2018. We're still a losing team by record, but this will be a very fun team to watch in 2018 once we get our OL together and do a few other upgrades.
This was a viable thread until we trade for Jimmy G. Now it seems laughable.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
This was a viable thread until we trade for Jimmy G. Now it seems laughable.

Yup, maybe its time to up this thread
Originally posted by Joecool:
I read the title of the thread and think:

To be fair, the op made this thread when the 49ers lost a million games in a row. Can't blame him....
Originally posted by CorrectingIdiotFans:
Until this team gets a quarterback, it's all talk.

WHOOOO'S IMPROVED BETTER THAN US?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOBODYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Who the hell started this thread?!?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

someone who made this thread around the 4th week of the season. At the time, it was a legitimate question. Hindsight is 50/50....
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

someone who made this thread around the 4th week of the season. At the time, it was a legitimate question. Hindsight is 50/50....

Haha I was being sarcastic I did earlier. Let's shut this thread down

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Not knocking Goodwin, but I can't crown him with only 3 weeks under his belt when he's been a number 4 his entire career until now. You can also look at it this way, if we do take Ridley with our first pick and have a healthy Garcon next year, can you imagine what Goodwin would do against a team's third best corner? I think IF Goodwin continues to play the way he has, then he will be our future number two receiver. I'll also say this, there will be NO loading the box at all with the group of receivers we'd have in 2018. We're still a losing team by record, but this will be a very fun team to watch in 2018 once we get our OL together and do a few other upgrades.

The reason why he looked like a #4 because he had some incredible s**tty QB play. Buffalo had a worse QB than the 49ers since this decade, and now he's got Jimmy G slanging that rock to him, he's looked a lot better. Coincidence? Absolutely not. Let's not ignore how great Goodwin has looked with a competent QB.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
I am actually very comfortable with pierre, goodwin, taylor, borne lineup. Id rather improve line, rb, and get another TE

Sign Jimmy Graham
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Are the Niners improving? No I pretty sure they are game planing. Silly question to ask.
  • Andra
  • Veteran

Hindsight is 20/20. 50/50 is probably the opposite
Originally posted by Andra:

Hindsight is 20/20. 50/50 is probably the opposite

Share 49ersWebzone