There are 227 users in the forums

Game 2 2017: vs Seattle Seahawks (Post Game Observations)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
love the defensive effort and outcome. Best performance on that side of the ball for years. even with Harbaugh and a loaded, experienced defense we played worse in Seattle.
Run game was excellent, in despite of non existing passing game.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
If we would have had our previous Qb, we most likely would have won yesterday's game.

But our front office took a stand, We rather lose with Hoyer than win with our Qb that we drafted. I guess I should be thankful that we lost gracefully with Hoyer.

Kap sucks too,get over it

That's how we deal with things around here when this front office f**ks up. Get over it.

His playoff record debunks the "suck" remark..

So Hoyer is even worse, so lets go with the guy that gives us no chance!!! Brilliant!!!

A third grader is running this team.. He should go into politics, with his Yorkology. If there is a qb better than hoyer you go get him.. Simple.. but nooo lets lose in style.. We are tanking this season thats the message being sent...

"Our QB is awful, let's bring back the arguably slightly less-awful QB and maybe we can be mediocre but probably not".

I think fans forget we're in year 1 of a rebuild with a new regime,nothing from yesterday's game indicated that we're "tanking" the season yet besides Hoyers awful play, and even if we are, drafting one of these young QBs in what's suppose to be a good QB class isn't too bad.

also Kaepernicks playoff record is irrelevant now, he isn't the same QB or person from 5-4 years ago. And the elite defense, HOF RB and tough as nails offensive line we had deserves way more credit than Kaepernick for those wins, especially in 2013.
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Sep 18, 2017 at 7:26 AM ]
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Scoring 0 TD's in 2 games means you need to make some drastic changes on the offense.

Or that you played two top tier defenses?
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
"Our QB is awful, let's bring back the arguably slightly less-awful QB and maybe we can be mediocre but probably not".

I think fans forget we're in year 1 of a rebuild with a new regime,nothing from yesterday's game indicated that we're "tanking" the season yet besides Hoyers awful play, and even if we are, drafting one of these young QBs in what's suppose to be a good QB class isn't too bad.

also Kaepernicks playoff record is irrelevant now, he isn't the same QB or person from 5-4 years ago? And the elite defense, HOF RB and tough as nails offensive line we had deserves way more credit than Kaepernick for those wins, especially in 2013.

I rather rebuild with the better QB who we drafted than an outsider who is below average until we find our future. Simple

We are tanking it with Hoyer, that's fine if everyone is ok with it. Can't even score a td.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Sep 18, 2017 at 7:18 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
u guys do realize that seahawks team is no where near what they were in years past, right? lets not get too excited. they suck.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
u guys do realize that seahawks team is no where near what they were in years past, right? lets not get too excited. they suck.

Agreed. Just saw more tape of yesterday's game. Their offense is s**t and Wilson always had to bail them out. I have no idea why Seattle and Indy don't give their great young qb a good o line.....their Defense is a notch or two below their super bowl years.
[ Edited by Cisco0623 on Sep 18, 2017 at 7:21 AM ]

Their defense is still elite. What has changed for them defensively?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

Their defense is still elite. What has changed for them defensively?

age. They've all lost a step.

They still made Aaron Rodgers look pedestrian though
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

They still made Aaron Rodgers look pedestrian though

Rodgers looked like s**t yesterday too.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

giving the offense the coach. the wide outs. the qb a pass just because we played a good defense is just deflection and denial in my opinion. when our team ends up with two wins if that at the end of the year, i am sure some will be stumbling around with that same tired worn out excuse.
Per Eric Branch:

Total yards with Kyle Shanahan first 2 games: 465
Total yards with Jim Harbaugh first 2 games: 415

Total first downs with Kyle Shanahan first 2 games: 24
Total first downs with Jim Harbaugh first 2 games: 26

That puts this in perspective a little. IMO Shanny has had a tougher task in a complete rebuild as Harbs inherited a decent team but was able to get them over the hump. Plus we've faced 2 of the best defenses in football the first 2 weeks.
Originally posted by cciowa:

giving the offense the coach. the wide outs. the qb a pass just because we played a good defense is just deflection and denial in my opinion. when our team ends up with two wins if that at the end of the year, i am sure some will be stumbling around with that same tired worn out excuse.

I'd be happy we have the #1 pick to get a true franchise QB.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Way overpaid for Hoyer. Even if he was free, we still overpaid.

meh i expected 49ers offense too look bad facing panthers and seahawks early
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by cciowa:

I'd be happy we have the #1 pick to get a true franchise QB.
i get that.. on the other hand. i would like to pay for cousins and then spend that number one on a wide out who can catch the ball
Share 49ersWebzone