LISTEN: When Will Brock Purdy Get The National Love? →

There are 145 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - TE George Kittle Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
If I had a dollar anyone ever said that about SD's takes....

Overall it's a different scheme / personnel. Kelce literally plays back yard football, he has "routes" that just don't exist lol

He's also always been either option 1 or 2, which just isn't the case with Kittle. I think Kittle is better suited for our offense, and Kelce for theirs.

Agreed. Also acting like he was in to pass-block all the time is simply not true.

That 4% blocking is killing us

Got over 1000 yards and had one of his best seasons. The only way we are getting more is by throwing the ball more, which I think we should. Like can we be 20th in pass attempts? Lol. It isn't likely given Kyle's history, but I think a healthy Kittle is good for 900 to 1200 yards for the next few years. Totally agree on extending him.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Overall it's a different scheme / personnel. Kelce literally plays back yard football, he has "routes" that just don't exist lol

He's also always been either option 1 or 2, which just isn't the case with Kittle. I think Kittle is better suited for our offense, and Kelce for theirs.

Agreed. Also acting like he was in to pass-block all the time is simply not true.

Got over 1000 yards and had one of his best seasons. The only way we are getting more is by throwing the ball more, which I think we should. Like can we be 20th in pass attempts? Lol. It isn't likely given Kyle's history, but I think a healthy Kittle is good for 900 to 1200 yards for the next few years. Totally agree on extending him.

I order for us to be around 16th or so, it would ONLY take 5-6 more passing attempts per game. To be fair, we blew out so many teams that the game script called for more running (running the lock out in the 3rd and 4th quarters). So we would have been around 12-16 imo if we weren't so damn good. People forget about that truth and not consider that is the only reason we were so low in pass attempts this year
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I order for us to be around 16th or so, it would ONLY take 5-6 more passing attempts per game. To be fair, we blew out so many teams that the game script called for more running (running the lock out in the 3rd and 4th quarters). So we would have been around 12-16 imo if we weren't so damn good. People forget about that truth and not consider that is the only reason we were so low in pass attempts this year

We really blow a lot of teams out as you said abd I expect it to continue. But if you look at Kyle's history as a playcaller, he's typically bottom 3rd in pass attempts so just getting to 20th would be huge. I think we can be even more explosive as a passing offense so I'd like to see us take advantage more.

Please inform these two folks about that. (About a minute into the video)

Honestly I wouldn't be upset if they gave him an extension in a yr. Lower his cap in 2025. Dude is still petty awesome

Still the best tight in the game and that's without getting half as many targets as Travis Kelce without Mahomes throwing to him as well. Absolutely remarkable what he has done with so little.

Give that man an extension. I want him to be a 49er until he retires

I agree
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Honestly I wouldn't be upset if they gave him an extension in a yr. Lower his cap in 2025. Dude is still petty awesome

Still the best tight in the game and that's without getting half as many targets as Travis Kelce without Mahomes throwing to him as well. Absolutely remarkable what he has done with so little.

Give that man an extension. I want him to be a 49er until he retires

I agree

Looking great after his core surgery

Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Informing you that he never pass-blocks to the extent that folks cry about. Also they're talking about run-blocking. What you don't want him on the field to block on a running play now?

It's the same s**t as an OL having a great f**king game, but let's up one pressure that everyone sees and therefor he blows

if it's not Kittle then ya'll are complaining about BA or Deebo not getting "enough" looks. They throw the ball twice as much, ya'll cry that they aren't running it enough with CMC. Around and around it goes

Kelce is the number 1 offensive player. Kittle is one of 4 guys. I mean he can go play for the titans and get as twice as many targets and win absolutely nothing.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 7, 2024 at 10:50 AM ]

Travis isn't an expert on the 49ers offense.
Looking great after his core surgery

For an erection lasting longer than 4 hours………

Informing you that he never pass-blocks to the extent that folks cry about. Also they're talking about run-blocking. What you don't want him on the field to block on a running play now?

It's the same s**t as an OL having a great f**king game, but let's up one pressure that everyone sees and therefor he blows

if it's not Kittle then ya'll are complaining about BA or Deebo not getting "enough" looks. They throw the ball twice as much, ya'll cry that they aren't running it enough with CMC. Around and around it goes

Kelce is the number 1 offensive player. Kittle is one of 4 guys. I mean he can go play for the titans and get as twice as many targets and win absolutely nothing.

I think the point is what I've said for years. Kittle's receiving ability is underused here. I have no idea what the rest of your rant is about.

Originally posted by genus49:
Travis isn't an expert on the 49ers offense.

I think he knows more about football than anyone here.

Kittle admitted he tore his core muscle halfway through the season. And still had over 1000 yards.
Share 49ersWebzone