LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 144 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - TE George Kittle Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Waterbear:
We just gonna ignore that Kittle suplexed a guy during the Mitchell TD?

took out that second defender as collateral damage
Originally posted by kujon11:
took out that second defender as collateral damage

There are TE's out there that are decent blockers and do it because they have to do it, It's their job. But the difference with Kittle is he enjoys doing it. I think he said before that sometimes he loves blocking more than pass catching. This is probally why everytime he catches the ball he is looking to hit someone.
Don't think we forgot about that false start.
I am getting awfully tired of our elite, all world TE being an afterthought in the game plan. I dont know if this is on Shanahan, the QB, him blocking a lot, the defense taking him out of the game (example: the Jennings TD when 3 or 4 defenders collapsed on Kittle), or a combination of all. But we need to get him involved.

I think Kittle is the best all around TE in football. But he needs to have the ball in his hands more. 9 targets in two games is unacceptable for an elite player.

Shanahan needs to dial up more plays for him. Especially with the running game as a huge question mark moving forward. We need the ball in our best players hands. Right now, thats Deebo and Kittle. We are doing a nice job giving Deebo his chances, but we need to do the same for Kittle. I am happy with 2 road wins but the offense we ran today isn't going to yield to many division wins.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Sep 19, 2021 at 6:59 PM ]
The run game was so stuffed that all the plays going to Kittle off of pa just weren't called. I agree we have to get him the ball more often
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
It's disappointing how scarcely he has been used so far.
Originally posted by Koldo:

Hopefully that changes starting with Green Bay
Originally posted by eric_anthony:

He was doing a lot of blocking. McG was getting rolled and the line needed help.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Teams are gameplanning him. That means DEEBO gets to eat.
Originally posted by eric_anthony:

I got Kittle in fantasy. Can't say I'm super happy with the points I've gotten yet. I also knew it was a risk in taking him because Kittle is asked to do more in the blocking game than most of the other elite tight ends within the league. He'll still have some strong games. I expected his receiving stats to be a bit inconsistent this season.

Originally posted by FL9er:

No excuse, get that man the ball.
So Kittle is what a glorified FB now? Shoot get the man the ball. Scheme it up I don't care…same with Aiyuk
Originally posted by FL9er:

Every team game plans for the opponents best player. I would argue that Jimmy/Kyle take Kittle out of games exponentially more than the opponent does.
Why? Players like Kittle don't impact the game by just catching the ball. The defense was keying in on him which opened things up for other players.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Why? Players like Kittle don't impact the game by just catching the ball. The defense was keying in on him which opened things up for other players.

Sure, but players like Kittle need to impact the game by catching the ball too. 9 targets in two games is unacceptable for a player thats deemed one of the best players in all of football. In games like this Eagles game, one big play can change the game.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Sep 20, 2021 at 12:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone