LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 134 users in the forums

QB Matt Barkley

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Love Matt Barkley as a back up, hopefully he's a 49ers back up QB for a while.

Yeah, I'm hoping CJ takes that roll

But in reality, I don't think he will be a 49er for long. If Shanahan gets his man in Kirk Cousins, I can see Hoyer being the back up for another year or two with Betheard being the #3 QB. Barkley is gonna have to really really impress Shanahan to stick around past 2017.

I agree with this, I think next year its either Cousins or a top rookie QB with Hoyer backing him up for a year then Beathard gets the back up roll
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Love Matt Barkley as a back up, hopefully he's a 49ers back up QB for a while.

Yeah, I'm hoping CJ takes that roll

But in reality, I don't think he will be a 49er for long. If Shanahan gets his man in Kirk Cousins, I can see Hoyer being the back up for another year or two with Betheard being the #3 QB. Barkley is gonna have to really really impress Shanahan to stick around past 2017.

I agree with this, I think next year its either Cousins or a top rookie QB with Hoyer backing him up for a year then Beathard gets the back up roll

Going to be very interesting.

2 days and we'll have a clearer picture in regards to Cousins.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Cousins will be a mistake, he's only as good as Hoyer..

They are like the Bills Frank Reich of the 90s... they can win games after games, but just isn't good enough to be a Franchise type of QB.. .
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9moon:
Cousins will be a mistake, he's only as good as Hoyer..

They are like the Bills Frank Reich of the 90s... they can win games after games, but just isn't good enough to be a Franchise type of QB.. .

This can be argued in the Kirk Cousins thread thank you very much.
Share 49ersWebzone