LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 425 users in the forums

Be honest: Do you think the fanbase is too optimistic right now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Be honest: Do you think the fanbase is too optimistic right now?

Its February. The month of optimism for NFL fans as we look forward to a new year. But no, I do not think we are overly optimistic. Nobody is predicting superbowl.
Slap y'all selves for this thread. That's like asking is my kid too happy right now lol. , with all due respect ;)
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Slap y'all selves for this thread. That's like asking is my kid too happy right now lol. , with all due respect ;)

I just created this topic for discussion. It's been doom and gloom for the past two years and change, but things seem to be coming up over the past few weeks based on some drastic FO and coaching staff changes. I'm curious as to how the fanbase feels about this sudden excitement and if it's rational.

Personally, I voted that the optimism level is about right. A dramatic change is what this franchise needed.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

I just created this topic for discussion. It's been doom and gloom for the past two years and change, but things seem to be coming up over the past few weeks based on some drastic FO and coaching staff changes. I'm curious as to how the fanbase feels about this sudden excitement and if it's rational.

Personally, I voted that the optimism level is about right. A dramatic change is what this franchise needed.

I feel you. I think I've seemed to notice you're a pretty solid poster around here. Perhaps as this loses steam,change it to 2017 optimism thread and change the title every so often with latest news?
  • Jiks
It's been pointed out before but Baalke being gone is the only optimism I need. Taking a talented roster and turning it into the laughing stock of the NFL in a matter of a few seasons shows me it can't get any worse.
Not at all...fans are starving for hope and a return to relevancy. The Niners haven't had a HC & GM on the same page in how many years...far too long, for sure. They have that now...Lynch may lack FO experience, but look at his first two hires: Adam Peters and Martin Mayhew. Peters is arguably the best talent evaluator in the league...Mayhew's got GM experience. He's surrounding himself with smart people who know how to get the right kind of players to right the ship. Shanahan's one of the truly brilliant offensive minds in the NFL. So, why shouldn't fans be excited...I sure am and I'd say the majority of Niner Faithful are, too.
Originally posted by Jiks:
It's been pointed out before but Baalke being gone is the only optimism I need. Taking a talented roster and turning it into the laughing stock of the NFL in a matter of a few seasons shows me it can't get any worse.

I'm hoping this front office can restock the team as quickly as Baalke watered it down.
I think enduring the last two seasons, this new regime will be a step up, might be couple seasons til we see a giant leap.
I hate Jed but damn he nailed this one, most glamourous hire out of all the teams who made moves this year. Hard not to get excited, change is always good!
  • obx49
  • Veteran
It can't get any worse considering we only won 2 games last season. I'm just optimistic about the opportunity that we have a good shot at winning 3 games next season. Call it glass half full I guess.
[ Edited by obx49 on Feb 10, 2017 at 4:17 PM ]

Still partying since Baalke was fired.
Originally posted by Dakes44:
Still partying since Baalke was fired.

Haha. I don't miss him, but I truly hope he has another chance to work his way up again.
I dont think the fanbase is overly optimistic, nothing near the delusion that was going on after Harbaugh got fired. Which for me is great. However, and I can only speak for myself, Im happy we got the coach I wanted and Im eager to see what he and Lynch can do. Eager may be a better term, Im happy the bs from the past is over, and happy to just move on. I know itll take a while to come together, Im patient and eager to see how it turns out. It can go either way tho imo. Cautiously optimistic and eager I guess.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Feb 11, 2017 at 5:36 AM ]
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
I dont think the fanbase is overly optimistic, nothing near the delusion that was going on after Harbaugh got fired. Which for me is great. However, and I can only speak for myself, Im happy we got the coach I wanted and Im eager to see what he and Lynch can do. Eager may be a better term, Im happy the bs from the past is over, and happy to just move on. I know itll take a while to come together, Im patient and eager to see how it turns out. It can go either way tho imo. Cautiously optimistic and eager I guess.

Agreed...this is most even keeled this fan base has ever been (even better than last year).

What I'm most curious about is Lynch's comments that this is clearly not a 2-win team re: talent. Kyle instantly made changes in an effort to improve the health of this team (wiping out the S&C team). That's #1.

If they can minimize those injuries and add a quality DC and a few more parts (NT, ILB, OLB, CB) and with Kyle's outstanding X's and O's on offense, it would not surprise me to see this team very competitive next year; the W's may not come as this is still the 2nd youngest team in the NFL and they have to learn how to win and close out games.
Share 49ersWebzone