There are 254 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by jeepzilla:
I never could stand McDaniels.

Anyway, I know that KYLE is drivin and motivated and a very smart OC.

I'm hoping Kyle watching McVay from the Rams get the Award he got drives KYLE over the top to prove he is better then 90% of the league at what he does and definitely blows up the Rams and other teams this year.

Yeah I watch a lot of NE games based on where I live and it was always amazing how they called games and changed things up game to game. I'm more than happy we Kyle, he was the right hire.

I mean let's be real McVay has much more to work with then Kyle did as far as talent goes most of last yr.

I think SF is gonna have a crazy fast offense that will put up a ton of explosive plays.

At least I hope
Interesting post 49ers81! Chemistry and character usually go together, though not always. Harbaugh brought in a strong chemistry but his inability to get along with Baalke and the ownership destroyed whatever chance he had at lasting chemistry. Shanahan seems to be a more together guy than JH...at least I hope so, and Lynch is definitely a better guy to create chemistry than the stubbornly Parcells guy and recalcitrant Harbaugh.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Interesting post 49ers81! Chemistry and character usually go together, though not always. Harbaugh brought in a strong chemistry but his inability to get along with Baalke and the ownership destroyed whatever chance he had at lasting chemistry. Shanahan seems to be a more together guy than JH...at least I hope so, and Lynch is definitely a better guy to create chemistry than the stubbornly Parcells guy and recalcitrant Harbaugh.

Good post and completely agree, dtg_9er. Also, 49ers81 brought up some good points in that recent post.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I'm hoping Kyle watching McVay from the Rams get the Award he got drives KYLE over the top to prove he is better then 90% of the league at what he does and definitely blows up the Rams and other teams this year.

Yeah I watch a lot of NE games based on where I live and it was always amazing how they called games and changed things up game to game. I'm more than happy we Kyle, he was the right hire.

I mean let's be real McVay has much more to work with then Kyle did as far as talent goes most of last yr.

I think SF is gonna have a crazy fast offense that will put up a ton of explosive plays.

At least I hope

McVay is a smart dude and a very good offensive coach...but he basically led Wade Phillips handle half the team. Kyle impressed me much more keeping the team together despite the losing, getting much more out of the offense even before Jimmy got in here and working with a first time DC in Saleh.

I'm sure if Kyle stepped into the situation the Rams had last year and had Wade Phillips he'd do just as well if not actually finish it off. I love how we're approaching to the rebuild.

I hope that we shock a lot of people this year even with the much higher expectations and win the division and make a SB run but unlike the Rams we're not cashing in all our chips on this season. We're in a great position heading forward. I wish we addressed Leo this year but when I step back and use logic next year's class is the one to address those needs and fill in the gaps remaining.

At least I hope

I have to agree with you. I think Kyle is going to be on a mission which is great.
And for the record, I think Kyle is a better playcaller then McVay is right now, and a lot has to do with Kyle being in the NFL & his dad being in it so long.

I guess time will tell.
Originally posted by genus49:

At least I hope

McVay is a smart dude and a very good offensive coach...but he basically led Wade Phillips handle half the team. Kyle impressed me much more keeping the team together despite the losing, getting much more out of the offense even before Jimmy got in here and working with a first time DC in Saleh.

I'm sure if Kyle stepped into the situation the Rams had last year and had Wade Phillips he'd do just as well if not actually finish it off. I love how we're approaching to the rebuild.

I hope that we shock a lot of people this year even with the much higher expectations and win the division and make a SB run but unlike the Rams we're not cashing in all our chips on this season. We're in a great position heading forward. I wish we addressed Leo this year but when I step back and use logic next year's class is the one to address those needs and fill in the gaps remaining.

Great post and yes, I would have loved to have Wade Phillips and that defense in kyles 1st year.
I wanted wade.
Phillips took a lot of stress off McVay like you said, running the team 1/2 the time.

Yup McVay is a good young coach just pointing out the Rams had a better situation heading into 2017 then Kyle did. We've already seen what Kyle does when the team loses 9 games in a row (with a ton of heart breakers) I'd like to see how McVay would handle it, especially with a lot of those egos on the team.

Like Kyle stated under sell and over perform that's how I'm gonna look at this season...9 wins and a possible playoff game would be a great start. I agree on edge, I was all about it this off season but s**t those type of players aren't easy to find. I also agree next yrs FA/draft look like a good time to spend some money & draft capital on a couple edge guys. I'm starting to checkout some players. obviously you got the guys like Bosa/Oliver/Gary (more DT) BUT if this yr goes as planned we won't be getting a top guy. I kinda like Montez Sweat. we will see

At least I hope

Yeah, the McVay vs Shanny deal will be a debate for a while. There's no doubt McVay had a much better situation. He had a good QB(though that needed an infusion of offense) good OL, blue chip players on defense to go along with an explosive receiving corps and RB. Cooper Kupp was my draft crush last year. I was not all that happy he landed with the Rams....
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Great post and yes, I would have loved to have Wade Phillips and that defense in kyles 1st year.
I wanted wade.
Phillips took a lot of stress off McVay like you said, running the team 1/2 the time.

Meh, I'm really not very impressed with Wade. Just my opinion, but I don't think he can handle the WCO as well as a guy that's worked with Seifert/Carroll. Seifert had an up close and personal relationship with the WCO and was instrumental in creating concepts that would eventually be the best way to deal with the WCO. We get that with Saleh, but Saleh doesn't have the weath of in-game experience that Wade has and for Saleh, it's still a learning experience. But it's good to have the son of Monte Kiffen in the house, he can always ask a question to Chris Kiffen and I'm sure Chris and Monte will meet and confer and get back to Saleh.
Originally posted by jonnydel:

At least I hope

Yeah, the McVay vs Shanny deal will be a debate for a while. There's no doubt McVay had a much better situation. He had a good QB(though that needed an infusion of offense) good OL, blue chip players on defense to go along with an explosive receiving corps and RB. Cooper Kupp was my draft crush last year. I was not all that happy he landed with the Rams....
That "crazy fast" thing that NY mentioned appears to be a real thing up and down the roster. The QB coach made a comment a while back that will hopefully play out, something like, "We look at every play as a potential touchdown." I hope we go back to the days when you walk through the shopping mall and random shoppers break out with loud screams during the game. Non-fans would kind of freak out.

Originally posted by Giedi:
I wanted wade.

Meh, I'm really not very impressed with Wade. Just my opinion, but I don't think he can handle the WCO as well as a guy that's worked with Seifert/Carroll. Seifert had an up close and personal relationship with the WCO and was instrumental in creating concepts that would eventually be the best way to deal with the WCO. We get that with Saleh, but Saleh doesn't have the weath of in-game experience that Wade has and for Saleh, it's still a learning experience. But it's good to have the son of Monte Kiffen in the house, he can always ask a question to Chris Kiffen and I'm sure Chris and Monte will meet and confer and get back to Saleh.

We got coach sherm now dawg.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I wanted wade.

We got coach sherm now dawg.

Yup, and were classmates with John Lynch who played under the Genius at Stanford. Going to Stanford and knowing the offense and being a receiver under David Shaw who played under Walsh and Green, would help him with knowldge in the WCO. I wouldn't be surprised if he went into coaching, then again with his big mouth, he'd probably end up in broadcasting.
Qb coach Scangarello- 'Kyle's knowledge of defenses, for an offensive mind, is as good as anyone you can be around.'

Me think Kyle stroke Belichick ego after the SB win by talking about Belichick's defense — learn a little to know a lot more
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jun 7, 2018 at 8:49 AM ]
remember when people overreacted about our offseason acquisitions in Shanahan's 1st year in this thread? Incapable to see the long-term/bigger picture? those were the days lol.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Qb coach Scangarello- 'Kyle's knowledge of defenses, for an offensive mind, is as good as anyone you can be around.'

Me think Kyle stroke Belichick ego after the SB win by talking about Belichick's defense — learn a little to know a lot more

Everything happens for a reason. Bet your ass Kyle learned a lot there. Got to learn the hard way sometimes. Kyle is hungry to win one for us/him and everyone that means a lot to him.
Share 49ersWebzone