There are 226 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by illinois9er:
lol whining fans

Whining fans pissed that the team hasn't won a Super Bowl in 30 years. Bunch of never satisfied loser fans. Great take illinois9er…….
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on May 20, 2024 at 7:29 AM ]
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Dr. You'll never get them to understand we used to win Superbowls and anything less was a failure. I would take an all in win the ring like the Rams any day, then consistently ending 2nd or 3rd place till a rebuild with no ring.

It's just our fanbase today. At least we are in the hunt…

Forget the fact that if Kyle was open to change we may be working on a third ring during his tenure. Kyle has wasted what could have been another dynasty. He had what most considered the most talented/best team in the league and still came up short. Dude will never win a ring here in SF.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on May 20, 2024 at 7:36 AM ]
  • BP13
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Dr. You'll never get them to understand we used to win Superbowls and anything less was a failure. I would take an all in win the ring like the Rams any day, then consistently ending 2nd or 3rd place till a rebuild with no ring.

Forget the fact that if Kyle was open to change we may be working on a third ring during his tenure. Kyle has wasted what could have been another dynasty. He had what most considered the most talented/best team in the league and still came up short. Dude will never win a ring here in SF.

The guy almost won rings with Jimmy Garappolo and a Mr Irrelevant.... what a terrible coach
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BP13:

The guy almost won rings with Jimmy Garappolo and a Mr Irrelevant.... what a terrible coach

Fans act like getting to the Super Bowl is easy let alone winning one. It took Andy Reid 6 seasons to get to a Super Bowl, then it took the next 14 seasons to not only get to another Super Bowl but become a Super Bowl Champion. And lets not act like Andy Reid was putting out crap teams before he actually won one. Shanahan has only been a head coach for 7 seasons and he's gone to 4 NFC Championships and two Super Bowls, holy f**k some of our fans are spoiled AF.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I love my coach

Same!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Fans act like getting to the Super Bowl is easy let alone winning one. It took Andy Reid 6 seasons to get to a Super Bowl, then it took the next 14 seasons to not only get to another Super Bowl but become a Super Bowl Champion. And lets not act like Andy Reid was putting out crap teams before he actually won one. Shanahan has only been a head coach for 7 seasons and he's gone to 4 NFC Championships and two Super Bowls, holy f**k some of our fans are spoiled AF.

if Walsh was Kyle's age, Walsh would still be the OC of the Bungles.

It's the entitlement mentality a lot people have today. They think the whole world revolves around them. If they don't get their way they throw daily tantrums like a child.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

Guess you weren't around in the 80s / 90s. That's a shame. I guess "almost" winning a Super Bowl still counts. Hope Shanahan gets a life contract for that awesome achievement(s)
[ Edited by DrEll on May 20, 2024 at 8:41 AM ]
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
-Shanahan decided to keep Jimmy season after season despite not trusting in him.

-Shanahan is the one ignoring the right side of the O-line year after year but you guys want to blame those 2 players when they show how awful they are.

-Shanahan is the one calling those unexplainable plays in the 2nd halves of both Super Bowls.

Look, Shanahan has rebuilt this team from scratch and he is an amazing play-designer but we haven't won the ring after 7 years with him because of his flaws that are the same flaws since his first year here and that means that he isn't growing as a coach.

I know that we won't find anybody better than him and that's why we won't fire him anytime soon (I like Ben Johnson tho) and that means that we are stuck in this cycle.

Shanahan was basically talked into getting Jimmy when his goal from the start was Kirk Cousins. Say what you will about him but he's a solid QB and we have no idea what would've happened had Cousins been the QB for Kyle here instead of Jimmy.

He also made an effort to move on from Jimmy soon as he realized the guy couldn't stay healthy and wasn't as good as expected(some blame could be on the ACL injury) you conveniently forgot the whole move for Trey Lance and before you get on him for that Andy Reid wanted to draft Paxton Lynch as his next QB but Denver traded ahead of them. He also tried to trade for Matt Stafford but Stafford had a prior relationship with McVay and decided to go to the Rams instead. He also tried to swing a deal for Aaron Rodgers even after moving up to #3 overall. So you can blame him for not getting those deals done or whiffing on Lance but you can't act like Kyle didn't try to replace Jimmy within a couple of seasons.

Shanahan is ignoring the right side of the OL year after year...let's pretend how he drafted McGlinchey in 2018 with a top 10 pick and then your point makes sense...

What are the unexplainable plays in the 2nd half of this SB you're referring to? Seems like you have a few in mind so let's dig into them. I'll wait...

Fact is I can point to moves that Kyle made or tried to make after each big game loss that says he's at least TRYING to change things up. But it's not always as easy as you guys try to make it. There are other teams looking to bring in players at the same time. We don't get a blank check to bring in whomever and Kyle decides against it. It takes two parties to make deals and the one time that doesn't apply(draft) other teams get to pick players ahead of you.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

It's the entitlement mentality a lot people have today. They think the whole world revolves around them. If they don't get their way they throw daily tantrums like a child.

It just blows me away fans thinking just because the 49ers have this player or that player Kyle should've absolutely won one. This isn't f**kin Madden, where you can go into franchise mode, put the best players together then set it to rookie mode and win a Super Bowl. The Eagles and Redskins tried that s**t and it blew up in their faces. It's been 7 seasons, holy s**t 7 seasons and what a ride us fans have had. I'm enjoying the hell out of it, even when I'm pissed off I remember how good of an organization the 49ers are and what they have built since 2017.

Here is a list of teams these people should be rooting for:

Las Vegas Raiders
Cleveland Browns
Jacksonville Jaguars
Arizona Cardinals
Washington Commanders
New York Jets
Minnesota Vikings
Dallas Cowboys - EVERY YEAR this crap of a franchise is expected to be in the Super Bowl, go root for these f**ks I'm sure they're happy.
Carolina Panthers

Just GTFO already!!!

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DrEll:

Guess you weren't around in the 80s / 90s. That's a shame. I guess "almost" winning a Super Bowl still counts. Hope Shanahan gets a life contract for that awesome achievement(s)

Tell me during those Super Bowl years did they have to deal with a Salary cap, as always STFU!!!
Originally posted by tjd808185:
The point on Mahomes is it's ridiculous to pretend that KC's offense being better gives Shanahan some kind of excuse for failing because ultimately the offense falls on Shanny. He's the guy who made that offense and if it's not as good as KC's well only one place to point the finger. Shanny is the one who wanted Dopey leading us at qb every year. He could of selected Mahomes instead he's watching Andy Reid beat his @ every year with Patrick as he tries make Jimmy G and Mr Irrelevant a thing.

KC may better than Baltimore the last 4 years nobody said otherwise they still lost to the Bengals. They still lost to Tampa. When Mahomes struggles they've proven to be beatable. And if you want to bring up NFC title games Shanny has been choking there too. That Rams team was a squad we beat 9/10 times and lost the one time it mattered. That's Shanny for ya. He could of got his "Ravens" SB opponent but decided to get outclassed by McVay the game before. Losing in the CF to inferior teams doesn't make you a better coach.

Dude get over yourself. You know damn well that Andy Reid's situation was vastly different than Kyle's.

Andy Reid wasn't even the guy who really pushed for Mahomes. His team was coming off a playoff season and he had Alex Smith in place. Kyle was a first time HC coming into a team which was arguably worse than the #1 pick team in Cleveland. The defense was historically awful and that was with Armstead and Buckner on the roster.

If you got your dream job would you make a move like taking Mahomes or would you go with a known product? I know the real answer even if you pretended you'd go for the Mahomes version.

So yes you evaluate the teams regardless of prior moves. KC had the better offense in 2019, especially in the playoffs. As I said before can you honestly look at those 2012 squads and claim Baltimore was better in any of them? Safety is the only position group that was a step up from our guys and Whitner and Goldson weren't exactly chopped liver, just not Ed Reed level.

There is no question in my mind that out of the 3 SBs losing that one in 2012 is the biggest fail.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Giedi:

if Walsh was Kyle's age, Walsh would still be the OC of the Bungles.

Bill Walsh didn't become a HC till he was 46, Kyle Shanahan has already been to two Super Bowls and he's not even 45 yet. lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
The point on Mahomes is it's ridiculous to pretend that KC's offense being better gives Shanahan some kind of excuse for failing because ultimately the offense falls on Shanny. He's the guy who made that offense and if it's not as good as KC's well only one place to point the finger. Shanny is the one who wanted Dopey leading us at qb every year. He could of selected Mahomes instead he's watching Andy Reid beat his @ every year with Patrick as he tries make Jimmy G and Mr Irrelevant a thing.

KC may better than Baltimore the last 4 years nobody said otherwise they still lost to the Bengals. They still lost to Tampa. When Mahomes struggles they've proven to be beatable. And if you want to bring up NFC title games Shanny has been choking there too. That Rams team was a squad we beat 9/10 times and lost the one time it mattered. That's Shanny for ya. He could of got his "Ravens" SB opponent but decided to get outclassed by McVay the game before. Losing in the CF to inferior teams doesn't make you a better coach.

Dude get over yourself. You know damn well that Andy Reid's situation was vastly different than Kyle's.

Andy Reid wasn't even the guy who really pushed for Mahomes. His team was coming off a playoff season and he had Alex Smith in place. Kyle was a first time HC coming into a team which was arguably worse than the #1 pick team in Cleveland. The defense was historically awful and that was with Armstead and Buckner on the roster.

If you got your dream job would you make a move like taking Mahomes or would you go with a known product? I know the real answer even if you pretended you'd go for the Mahomes version.

So yes you evaluate the teams regardless of prior moves. KC had the better offense in 2019, especially in the playoffs. As I said before can you honestly look at those 2012 squads and claim Baltimore was better in any of them? Safety is the only position group that was a step up from our guys and Whitner and Goldson weren't exactly chopped liver, just not Ed Reed level.

There is no question in my mind that out of the 3 SBs losing that one in 2012 is the biggest fail.

^^^^^^These are not excuses these are facts ladies and gentlemen!!!
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Can't be a blessing until he breaks the curse

I'm sure someone already called you out on your stupidity here but Kyle Shanahan doesn't shoulder the blame for a 28-3 3rd quarter choke job when he wasn't the HC anymore than you'd put the 2019 loss on Robert Saleh whose defense gave up 21 points in 7 minutes.

And second - 49ers just overcame a 24-7 deficit in the NFCCG this last season. How does that happen with such an epic choker?
Share 49ersWebzone