LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 138 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NCommand:
Kyle really loves Colton McKivitz like he loved Mike Clutch McGlinchey.

Ugh

Please no lol
[ Edited by Montana on Mar 27, 2024 at 7:21 AM ]

Loved him so much that he didn't even offer him a contract as a FA
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Why pay the 50th of 64 qualifying T's that much money when you can get the same exact play from a 5th rounder minus run blocking for 1/40th the cost?

Time to raise those standards, Kyle.
Why pay the 50th of 64 qualifying T's that much money when you can get the same exact play from a 5th rounder minus run blocking for 1/40th the cost?

You mean like Cincy did with Orlando Brown?

Raise standards indeed.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Mar 27, 2024 at 9:51 AM ]

At least he was better than Orlando Brown

For the money just about every tackle in the league was.
Great take. Let's hope their own self-scouting has lead them down the same Cassius Marsh-road for the OL!

League wide, it's absolutely DL talent >>>> OL talent. But by the time you get down to the 16 playoffs teams, it's been very even, with the OL > DL in Superbowls (esp. when it matters most).

So it's really about where you prioritize, in the end. I still believe in this FO and their vision. But this draft will tell us a TON about their true vision now that they have a real FQB.

I call BS. Never has believed. Chicago Bears rebuilding thread from 2018 shows that.

What is there not to love? He gives up the 3rd most sacks in the league.

And then you have harbaugh at his press conference talking about how important the offensive line is. What a moron. Kyle sure could teach him a thing or two.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

You mean like Cincy did with Orlando Brown?

Raise standards indeed.

If he was running things would have broken the bank for Brown, Norwell in 17', Earl Thomas in 19' and traded the farm for OBJ in 19'…all while following the stellar models of Ryan pace and Trent Baalke. Some guys just know how to team build
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

And then you have harbaugh at his press conference talking about how important the offensive line is. What a moron. Kyle sure could teach him a thing or two.

Sure could. 2 SB losses > 1 SB loss. Kyle knows how to botch like no one else…

Originally posted by DrEll:

Only when you don't understand the 2012 Ravens was the worst SB winner of this century.

LMAO. Dude is a pure RT. Should have stayed there.

I am not shocked at all that you would ride for Harbaugh and in this thread as well.

Losing to a lesser talented team and a QB like Joe Flacco when we had the best OL in the game a dominant defense and a dual threat QB but sure Harbaugh is someone Kyle could learn from.

This way we never get a lead in the SB!
Originally posted by genus49:

I am not shocked at all that you would ride for Harbaugh and in this thread as well.

Losing to a lesser talented team and a QB like Joe Flacco when we had the best OL in the game a dominant defense and a dual threat QB but sure Harbaugh is someone Kyle could learn from.

I never got why we didn't use Kap on our final drive to try to get him in the end zone against the Ravens, oh well, I don't dwell on the past rather be positive & look forward to the good things, don't let a game make my day or life terrible or I'd end up grumpy every time my teams lost, more things in life to worry about than a game.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by genus49:

I never got why we didn't use Kap on our final drive to try to get him in the end zone against the Ravens, oh well, I don't dwell on the past rather be positive & look forward to the good things, don't let a game make my day or life terrible or I'd end up grumpy every time my teams lost, more things in life to worry about than a game.

That loss was the worst one for me so it's a sore subject for me. I live in NE so the Pats are a team I'd root for when not playing the 49ers but I specifically wanted them to lose the AFCCG because despite us beating them earlier that December I felt the Ravens were a much easier matchup for us.

We had the better team, Kap looked like a monster during the playoff run and the defense was what it was.

And we come out with an illegal formation to start the game and find ourselves in a 28-6 hole in the 3rd quarter…

Then not giving Gore the ball once on 1st and goal at the 7!?

You want to talk about choking…that was a loss with coaching malpractice all over it.
Share 49ersWebzone