There are 243 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
It is about the bottom line, but for some people they can't see what leads to the bottom line. That kind of thinking would get Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh, and Jimmy Johnson fired after year 1. To lack playmakers at the most important positions, this team looks pretty good. I am expecting a huge leap next year if we can have repair the interior O-line as you said (hopefully some free agent additions +Joshua Garnett should do the trick), a pass rusher to play the Elephant position, another starting caliber receiver, and a QB. Not necessarily a playoff team, but definitely a team that can be anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7, that may blow a team out of two.

No one said fire Shanahan, I just don't see what difference his offense has made to this point. We're still winless and we're still a bottom ranked offense. Results matter, don't they? I'll continue to be patient and the offense may improve, but I'm not going to praise him as an offensive genius until it does.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AlexCat49er:
No one said fire Shanahan, I just don't see what difference his offense has made to this point. We're still winless and we're still a bottom ranked offense. Results matter, don't they? I'll continue to be patient and the offense may improve, but I'm not going to praise him as an offensive genius until it does.

when someone brings up honest concerns about this team and coaches. we are told that we actually said fire kyle
This "great offensive mind" label has not been earned.... He's no McVay....
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
It is about the bottom line, but for some people they can't see what leads to the bottom line. That kind of thinking would get Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh, and Jimmy Johnson fired after year 1. To lack playmakers at the most important positions, this team looks pretty good. I am expecting a huge leap next year if we can have repair the interior O-line as you said (hopefully some free agent additions +Joshua Garnett should do the trick), a pass rusher to play the Elephant position, another starting caliber receiver, and a QB. Not necessarily a playoff team, but definitely a team that can be anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7, that may blow a team out of two.

We just need a qb, a premiere pass rusher, elite receiver, top corner. No biggie those all grow on trees. I think there's alot of rightful optimism because of Cousins but that can go away very quickly.

Okay.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Should have kicked it. Poor coaching
Originally posted by susweel:

Originally posted by ninerjok:
Yeah but if they kick a field goal then it was only a damn field-goal and everybody asks why the hell didn't they go for it, a field goal sucks

Not the first time making questionable 4th down calls.
fire Saleh immediately!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

We are 0-6 and were 17 behind. call is ok.
Year 1 of the rebuild... this what I keep saying to myself.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yeah a FG is going to help
Saleh.. gotta go
[ Edited by CainanUK on Oct 22, 2017 at 3:09 PM ]
Team is soft.
Toilet game. Was over since the Taylor fumble.
Dude is a crappy head coach. Doesnt know when to go for it on 4th. You kick that field goal we go from 3 possession to 2 possession game. Before that, we have 1st and goal, he comes out in the dam shotgun for 2 straight plays. They blow it up and there went the game.

Chip was better, and that is saying alot.
Share 49ersWebzone