There are 248 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by captveg:
He wasn't content so much as wanting a run to break loose to then look to score. He did that several times this year. It didn't happen, but then when KC took a timeout he took a shot and hit it, but the penalty held it back.

This is a choice that can be justified either way. Not using some of the run plays in the 4th was more questionable overall.

3rd down. If you run you give them the ball back. So he called a dump off play to get the 1st and end the half but Wilson made it more. Now you're at the 45 and can go for it. But all of that doesn't change he was playing to end the half.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by zero:
Originally posted by captveg:
Fair weather fan? LOL, no. I've been watching the 49ers for 30 years. I'm just able to keep things in perspective. It's entertainment. I was entertained. I'm disappointed, but there's life to live tomorrow and a new season in September with a really good team. Don't let emotion overtake you too much, even if you have to vent a little.

Best post in the thread, it sucks losing but is there anyone else in the conference that you think is better than us? We'll be back

I hope so but you never know with injuries.

The 49ers got EXTREMELY lucky with injuries, how the bye played out, seattle game, new orleans game, cupcake playoff schedule and still couldn't win a super bowl. I get that the 49ers could be good next year but I dont take anything for granted. The NFL is 75% good teams and 25% luck in terms of how far you get.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
Kyle is the best coach this franchise has had in a long time. Lot of dumb takes in here.

The last great one got us to three strait NFC championships just a few years ago. Kyle still has room to grow but he needs to fix some of his staff starting with his DC who in 3 years has shown a lack of 2nd half adjustments. I'd promote Woods to keep him here before he leaves.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Kyle is the best coach this franchise has had in a long time. Lot of dumb takes in here.

The last great one got us to three strait NFC championships just a few years ago. Kyle still has room to grow but he needs to fix some of his staff starting with his DC who in 3 years has shown a lack of 2nd half adjustments. I'd promote Woods to keep him here before he leaves.

I'm liking this idea.
ANYBODY WHO BLAMES SHANAHAN FOR LOSING THIS GAME DOESNT KNOW FOOTBALL!! HE BROUGHT US HERE AND IF NOT FOR THESE GARBAGE REFS WE WOULD HABE NUMBER 6 RIGHT NOW. GET A CLUE
Originally posted by Sculbers:
ANYBODY WHO BLAMES SHANAHAN FOR LOSING THIS GAME DOESNT KNOW FOOTBALL!! HE BROUGHT US HERE AND IF NOT FOR THESE GARBAGE REFS WE WOULD HABE NUMBER 6 RIGHT NOW. GET A CLUE

Look 4 posts and he used all caps. It must be true.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

That was nearly a decade ago, so you pretty much agreed with what I typed.

Caps lock doesn't mean your right about the refs. How about the Chiefs made plays when they had to and we didn't.

Blaming the refs proves you know nothing about football!
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Caps lock doesn't mean your right about the refs. How about the Chiefs made plays when they had to and we didn't.

Easy to make plays when your OL just holds the pass rush all day without consequence.

We had 3 timeouts and the 2 minute warning, and he barely called any runs. Kyle is an innovative play designer, but he is just bad when it comes to managing games.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
We had 3 timeouts and the 2 minute warning, and he barely called any runs. Kyle is an innovative play designer, but he is just bad when it comes to managing games.

It depends on the alignment. After we gouged then with the first run they went back to stacking for the run.

Busy hiding the qb all game.

It worked out in the Packers game just didn't work in the sb.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Should have used a T.O. when that 4th down play ran the clock out causing chaos.
b***hed up just likeb his QB
Share 49ersWebzone