LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 165 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
the national media watches their East coast games and then shuts off their TVs after 5pm(ET)...they DGAF about west coast teams (other than LA)

Normally, I'd agree, but I don't even think you need to have watched the niners this year to give Shanahan the award. Going from picking 2nd in the draft to the #1 seed in the NFC, speaks for itself.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Feb 1, 2020 at 4:51 PM ]
Who cares, let's get #6!
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Who cares, let's get #6!

That's what He is thinking.. let's go Coach!
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
This dudes offense is going to be insane next year. Jalen Hurd, deebo Samuel, Kyle Juszczyk, George kittle, and Raheem Mostert. There is so much size and speed shanny will find a mismatch on every team and that's just 22 personal

You want to run a base defense against this squad, your linebackers are a liability against the speed in coverage

You want to run a nickel defense against this squad, your going to get ran all over pick your poison

He's creating a masterpiece. This is just the beginning really.
The head coach of whoever wins the Super Bowl is the real coach of the year.

The AP award for CoY is just a glorified participation trophy.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
This dudes offense is going to be insane next year. Jalen Hurd, deebo Samuel, Kyle Juszczyk, George kittle, and Raheem Mostert. There is so much size and speed shanny will find a mismatch on every team and that's just 22 personal

You want to run a base defense against this squad, your linebackers are a liability against the speed in coverage

You want to run a nickel defense against this squad, your going to get ran all over pick your poison

Indeed
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Indeed

Kyle def has a strong case for winning but I understand why Harbaugh won. There was a lot of strong candidates for COTY this year.

All I care about is if Kyle is SBWCOTY
I can understand Harbaugh winning COTY over Shanahan but I cannot understand Tannehill winning comeback player over Jimmy. That is just insane
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MagaBosa:
I can understand Harbaugh winning COTY over Shanahan but I cannot understand Tannehill winning comeback player over Jimmy. That is just insane

Ridiculous

90% of what John did to earn coach of the year was done before the season started.
Mike Shanahan went to the SB in 1994 with the Niners as an OC. About 3 years later he took John Elways and the Broncos to the SB in 1997.

Kyle Shanahan went to the SB with the Falcons as an OC in 2016. Three years later he took the Niners to the SB in 2019. And this was with a much less talent on the team than Mike.

How good is Kyle Shanahan... I think he's better than his father, but obviously not yet as accomplished. The future is bright if you are a Niner fan
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Mike Shanahan went to the SB in 1994 with the Niners as an OC. About 3 years later he took John Elways and the Broncos to the SB in 1997.

Kyle Shanahan went to the SB with the Falcons as an OC in 2016. Three years later he took the Niners to the SB in 2019. And this was with a much less talent on the team than Mike.

How good is Kyle Shanahan... I think he's better than his father, but obviously not yet as accomplished. The future is bright if you are a Niner fan

Indeed. Very bright. These are great times to be a 49ers fan which are all the sweeter for the ugly years we've experienced.
Pretty disrespectful to give the CoTY to Harbaugh over Shanahan. Joke
I've actually never understood how a coach who has no effect on the offensive or defensive gameplan can win coach of the year. Are his motivational speeches and time management coach of the year worthy? Because other than that he's not effecting the actual game itself. Belichick is the head coach/ defensive coordinator/ and GM of the team, dudes like that should be in the running not guys who just throw the challenge flag on Sunday's
Share 49ersWebzone