LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 229 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Patriots have outscored there opponents 74-3

And their schedule is Jets at Bills at Redskins Giants at Jets Browns first 8 weeks.

pencil them in for 8-0 lol
Originally posted by Crown:
And their schedule is Jets at Bills at Redskins Giants at Jets Browns first 8 weeks.

NFL set up so they make the playoffs

How is their schedule easier than 49ers?

cuz they don't play in the nfc west

they've had the luxury of playing in the afc east where going 9-7 would win you the division every year
Time for my second crow-eating feast in a row.

Well done, that man! He performed his OC duties flawlessly, keeping the Bengals off-balance all day. Who can argue with 41 (should have been 51) points away from home, at the equivalent of 10 am SF time? The dropped 10 points were not really on him, although I do want to see him crack down on penalties even more.

At the same time the D kept performing, and the team presented a professional look throughout. The latter point was always my main source of complaint in the last couple of years - we looked disorganised, messy and disheartened.

Also like last week, although the situations are not comparable (leading by 14 vs trailing), the team came out better in the start of the 2nd half. That's always on the coaches.

Let's not get carried away yet, but 2-0 after having played both away in Eastern time? I'll take that any day, and give credit where it's due. The coaches, as much as the players.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran

Well, they play the Dolphins twice....
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

cuz they don't play in the nfc west

they've had the luxury of playing in the afc east where going 9-7 would win you the division every year

Yeah, versus the NFC western division which three of the four teams have an unbeaten record so far this year.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
72 points first 2 weeks of the season.....

Patriots have outscored there opponents 74-3

their*

They've played in the AFC East since I can remember and that's MIA NE and BUF. Since Jim Kelly retired they've had a bye week or a home playoff game opener pretty much every season. All those loser franchises in that division. SMH
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

They've played in the AFC East since I can remember and that's MIA NE and BUF. Since Jim Kelly retired they've had a bye week or a home playoff game opener pretty much every season. All those loser franchises in that division. SMH

Like the old nfc west for us with Atlanta and the saints lol
Originally posted by awp8912:

Lol are you kidding? By all measures, Kizer balled the heck out today against one of the more Elite teams. Dude is 21 years old, first game and made Hoyer look like pure doo doo. Cannot believe Shanahan could have taken Kizer in the 2nd but chose to waste away 1 full season for no reason. Meanwhile, the Browns are giving Kizer much-needed reps in game, while CJ is wasting away on the bench.
Hue > Shanahan.
Ohh and Kizer > Cousins.
And Alex Smith > Cousins. Not even close.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20661920/cleveland-browns-rookie-qb-deshone-kizer-impresses-loss

lol damn dude. been hating all the way back to 2017 after shanny's 1st game as a HC for us. that's amazing.
Well, we just got our first glimpse of what we can really be. That is what a Shanny offense looks like operating at full steam. We are not all the way there yet. Still a few pieces to find, still some guys developing including Jimmy. But that was the first time he had enough raw materials available to really execute his vision of the offense....and boy is it pretty. All the young geniuses in the league are pretenders to the throne. Yeah its not easy to install, yeah it asks a whole goddamn lot of your players, but boy is it a machine when it is all running smooth.

Originally posted by jcs:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-4-notebook-patriots-must-trade-garoppolo-cowboys-dont-stick-with-run/
"It's time to market Garoppolo.
The market isn't as deep as it was back in the spring before all of those rookie quarterbacks were drafted, but all it takes is one team to make a deal. I'd start with the 49ers, who might not get their hands on Kirk Cousins in free agency. Why risk it on an unproven kid in the draft when you can get a groomed-and-ready Garoppolo now? DeForest Buckner or Arik Armstead (better fits in a New England 3-4) would be welcome upgrades in New England and could be the centerpiece of a deal, and their contracts are plenty trade friendly. Eric Reid would help, too."

Oct 2nd 2017.
Originally posted by cciowa:
you love field goals. you love the fact we can not score touchdowns. you love the fact we are woefully in adequate across the board offensively. you love the fact the brain trust has managed to put together the worst qb . o line wide outs and tight ends in the nfl, you love the fact we average 13 penalties a game. wow spare me the big picture talk. this is reality. this is the team we will have for the rest of the year. enjoy the 0-16 progress cuz i am sure next year will be so much better, lol. kyle is no longer an offensive coordinator,. he is a head coach. what he has done in the past means zip

Originally posted by cciowa:
i expected more from this offense and did not think the chip gabbert offense would be better than this crap fest , we were told breathlessly that hoyer would thrive under kyle. now that he is not, the narrative/excuses must change and now its , oh we are young so thats why. maybe kyle just is not as smart as we all were led to believe.

I "told" you back then, that patience, context, and the big picture were everything my friend. you worried too much. you were told it was going to take us time. it has, and now it looks like it's starting to pay off. let's just pray and hope we remain relatively healthy. hopefully we can win plenty games without Joe Staley. we'll need him if we're to make a run or a late push.
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Sep 16, 2019 at 6:21 AM ]
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Well, we just got our first glimpse of what we can really be. That is what a Shanny offense looks like operating at full steam. We are not all the way there yet. Still a few pieces to find, still some guys developing including Jimmy. But that was the first time he had enough raw materials available to really execute his vision of the offense....and boy is it pretty. All the young geniuses in the league are pretenders to the throne. Yeah its not easy to install, yeah it asks a whole goddamn lot of your players, but boy is it a machine when it is all running smooth.

we really need to fortify our O-line I think IMO. our biggest weakness on offense. and that's not saying much in itself, really.

we really need to fortify our O-line I think IMO. our biggest weakness on offense. and that's not saying much in itself, really.

Can't build everything at once.
Originally posted by Stanley:

Can't build everything at once.

I never said that. fortify as in, going forward.
Share 49ersWebzone