There are 145 users in the forums

Who would you rather have as a starter for your SF 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would you rather have as a starter for your SF 49ers

Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Jeff had T.O. A Hall of fame WR. Who would take his little short passes to the house.

when he didn't have T.O. He struggled mostly outside of the 9ers.

I made alot of money off Jeff because I knew him so well. He couldn't sustain drives for s**t, and I knew it. I bet on first half and then second half... ANY chance I could make as much off each game from him I tried... even Qtr by Qtr if need be.

he had a couple of 0.0 QB rated games.... again, ZERO POINT ZERO! Do you know how bad you have to be to do that?

you give 2012-2013 Kaepernick T.O. and the rest of that offense and it would be over.

People all the sudden think that Jeff was a prototical QB some want around here? As if he was a legit Pocket passer?

dude NEEDED plays to break down to make plays. SO MUCH SO HE EVEN NAMED HIS TYPE OF APPROACH.

RECKLESS ABANDONMENT or something like that.

and before some say, "well give Jeff the 9ers 2012-2013 defense and bla bla bla"

Jeff used to throw short of the sticks when teams figured out his strategy.

Teams adjusted to him late in his career with the 49ers.....they kept him in the pocket and had the DT zone Spy him and move up little by little.....before you knew it Jeff was bumping into his own linemen who where sustaining their blocks.....Jeff always preferred for the DEnds to pass rush right past him so he could roll to the outside and throw on the run....

again ZERO POINT ZERO.

T.O. went on to continue and put up Hall of Fame #s. Where as Jeff continued to suck... so much so he went to the UFL to sniff some snaps. He had little blips of success, with a great coach in Andy Reid...but even Andy couldn't sustain it with him.

This is pretty much everything I remember about Jeff, lol

Jeff had one zero rated game and it wasn't even with the niners. Hell his worst game as a niners (vs Bal in '03) still didn't rate as bad as Kap's zona s**t show last year.

I like both guys but totally s**tting on Garcia is a little ridiculous. Jeff last 3 full years in the league were very respectable. 63% TD/int ratio of 35/12 and a QB rating over 90. If QBR is your thing jeffs last full year was 68.

Kap has better tools IMO, but Jeff played the position better.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Don't forget Scott Bakula and Mac Davis.

Ooo yeah, and what's that guys name from the flash
Kaepernick had future hall of famers all over the field when he first started. It's pretty clear now that helped him to become vastly overrated as a qb. Garcia was good with us and he was good in Philly when he got chances there. Garcia was way better.
Originally posted by Andra:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Don't forget Scott Bakula and Mac Davis.

Ooo yeah, and what's that guys name from the flash

can't help ya there, never seen it
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Nate Davis
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Jeff had T.O. A Hall of fame WR. Who would take his little short passes to the house.

when he didn't have T.O. He struggled mostly outside of the 9ers.

I made alot of money off Jeff because I knew him so well. He couldn't sustain drives for s**t, and I knew it. I bet on first half and then second half... ANY chance I could make as much off each game from him I tried... even Qtr by Qtr if need be.

he had a couple of 0.0 QB rated games.... again, ZERO POINT ZERO! Do you know how bad you have to be to do that?

you give 2012-2013 Kaepernick T.O. and the rest of that offense and it would be over.

People all the sudden think that Jeff was a prototical QB some want around here? As if he was a legit Pocket passer?

dude NEEDED plays to break down to make plays. SO MUCH SO HE EVEN NAMED HIS TYPE OF APPROACH.

RECKLESS ABANDONMENT or something like that.

and before some say, "well give Jeff the 9ers 2012-2013 defense and bla bla bla"

Jeff used to throw short of the sticks when teams figured out his strategy.

Teams adjusted to him late in his career with the 49ers.....they kept him in the pocket and had the DT zone Spy him and move up little by little.....before you knew it Jeff was bumping into his own linemen who where sustaining their blocks.....Jeff always preferred for the DEnds to pass rush right past him so he could roll to the outside and throw on the run....

again ZERO POINT ZERO.

T.O. went on to continue and put up Hall of Fame #s. Where as Jeff continued to suck... so much so he went to the UFL to sniff some snaps. He had little blips of success, with a great coach in Andy Reid...but even Andy couldn't sustain it with him.

This is pretty much everything I remember about Jeff, lol

Jeff had one zero rated game and it wasn't even with the niners. Hell his worst game as a niners (vs Bal in '03) still didn't rate as bad as Kap's zona s**t show last year.

I like both guys but totally s**tting on Garcia is a little ridiculous. Jeff last 3 full years in the league were very respectable. 63% TD/int ratio of 35/12 and a QB rating over 90. If QBR is your thing jeffs last full year was 68.

Kap has better tools IMO, but Jeff played the position better.
Garcia's first pro-bowl year, the team was so strapped of talent and so young at so many positions because we were in salary cap hell, it didn't matter that he had T.O. He was on a team that had very few good players and was young and learning. Going in to the 2000 season, the 49ers were over 20 million over the cap when the cap was only 67 million. That'd be like being 40 mil over the cap headed into 2013....

When we went to the playoffs on his 12-4 season, the team was suffering 20 mil in cap penalties against a 71.2 mil cap dating back to bonuses paid out 94-98 to Dana Stubblefield, Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Brent Jones, and Lee Woodall and others who all weren't playing for the team. If you remember, we had a revolving door on the offensive line and safety positions during that time because of the salary cap problems.

To say that a team suffering a 28% reduction in the cap monies was as competitive as a team able to spend very close to the full cap were equally talented.... c'mon...

During Garcia's starting run with San Fran with Mooch, his full seasons as starter he was always ranked near the top of the league in passer rating. In 2001 the only quarterbacks who ranked higher were Rich Gannon and Kurt Warner. One had been a SB MVP and was running the greatest show on turf and the other would make the SB in 2002 with one of the best offenses.

He also had a TD/INT ratio of 35/12

While Garcia had T.O. he was still throwing passes to the always underwhelming J.J. Stokes and Tai Streets.

Garcia's acumen as a QB really has never been in doubt. Some thought he couldn't stretch the field well enough, but the guy ran efficient offenses and our offense was always ranked near the top of the league. Remember, this was also a time when there was a LOT less PI called and there were no, "defenseless receiver" rules. QB's who threw over the middle without their guys being wide open, got their boys lit up.
Share 49ersWebzone