There are 143 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs ARIZONA CARDINALS - 2016 Week 5

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How f*ing long is kelly going to stick with Gabbert!!!!!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by tezel112:
"I thought Gabbert played well" - Chip Kelly post game press conference vs Cardinals

chip wont throw anyone under the bus

He's a puppet for a reason
I haven't seen a defense this bad in a long time. The 49ers had decent or ok defenses since the nolan years. This year is bad. Maybe going back to mooch years when he had to deal with the salary cap dump teams bad.
[ Edited by PacTiger on Oct 6, 2016 at 9:05 PM ]
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
If we can identify and draft the team's next true FQB we'll be entertaining losers for a while, until we become entertaining winners.

The 2008 (0-16) Lions were entertaining losers. They just couldn't find away to get over the hump & win a game, although the came close on multiple occasions.

And at least they got the first overall pick in 09.

We are basically out of the game 10-points behind with a whole quarter of football to play... Yet we'll win games & end up drafting outside of the top 5 & miss out on drafting a sure fire stud.

Then it will come down to identifying & developing a diamond in the rough... And tbh I don't like our chances with this FO.
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Oct 6, 2016 at 9:06 PM ]
Guys. I just want to bury my head in the sand. I don't know why this team winning and losing means so much to ms. God dammit I need more Evan Williams
The feeling I get about this team is the feeling i get when I realize how much of a disapointment my life has been career wise.
That was ridiculous
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

[ Edited by Regina on Oct 6, 2016 at 9:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Niners816:
I think Garrett is a generational talent and would be thrilled if he was a niner.

That would be a true foundation piece for the team. I could see him instantly upgrading the rest of the defense, creating more pass rush and as a result, helping the secondary too. I like him better as a prospect than Clowney. I think he's the best pure pass rusher to come out in the draft since Von Miller in 2011.

I thinks he's a no brainer and as for the QB you try your damndest to get back in the first and get a guy.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by frozen49er:
With the first pick in the 2017 draft. The San Francisco 49ers select Myles Garrett. Defensive lineman Texas a&m

At least they'd be able to get pressure with a 4 man pass rush. Lynch, Garrett, Buckner and Armstead, that would be a good foundation for the defense.

with back to back 1st rd picks, our front 7 should be better than this.

both starting guards for AZ were out and one whole side of Dallas OL was out and not much to show for playing against back ups

Yup
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
At least we know how to score garbage points this year...

#EmbryoSteps

Another embarrassment on national TV. Boy, how far we have fallen. Feels like mid 2000s all over again with no horizon in sight.
I think Garrett is a generational talent and would be thrilled if he was a niner.

That would be a true foundation piece for the team. I could see him instantly upgrading the rest of the defense, creating more pass rush and as a result, helping the secondary too. I like him better as a prospect than Clowney. I think he's the best pure pass rusher to come out in the draft since Von Miller in 2011.

I thinks he's a no brainer and as for the QB you try your damndest to get back in the first and get a guy.

That would be sweet. Stud pass rusher in the 1st, then trade back up to snag the QB. Depending on how the board shakes out, maybe even get the QB early in the 2nd. Raiders pulled off a similar haul in 2014 with Mack and Carr. Completely changed the franchise around.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 6, 2016 at 9:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Regina:
That was ridiculous

I counted at least half a dozen times we were picking ourselves off. Seriously. Talk about Keystone Cops.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Twice I saw players run into each, the other was Wilhoite and Hodges I believe. Ridiculous!!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Bishop Gorman (high school football) probably feels cocky / confident enough to give us a run for our money
Share 49ersWebzone