There are 216 users in the forums

SF 49ers @ CAR Panthers Pregame Thread - 2016 Season Week 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They aren't even showing the 10 o clock game here in the Portland area. WTF don't they show the NFL game?

Maybe I can catch it on the radio. I think the 49ers defense can keep us in the game. But Gabbert....man...hard to know what he's going to do.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
One more day. Either last Monday was a fluke or we are actual competitors this year. I'm so amped to find out!

Isn't that the truth!

Important thing tho, is to play well, and the rest falls in line. We learned last week what we have for a coach, and it made us all take a sigh of relief. This game is going to be a nut cutter, but chip has already showed us what his team can do. And don't you know that chip wants to play well also. Remember the hash he signed on to as coach with no OL, a half built DL, and DBs that couldn't cover. Unbelievably, that has all changed now with one spectacular draft, and ugly ducklings becoming swans...Trenton ,Tiller, AA, and adding two cover DBs, Zane, DeFo, Blair...and they aren't just junk...these dogs can all hunt. Oh yeah,getting kllgore back healthy. Plus a schid hot OC/HC...and finally out of nowhere, Kerley. How the heck can Chip not be excited about all that, as opposed what he signed on to coach? He got the best deal of any coach in the NFL. And last week he took advantage of it.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 17, 2016 at 1:39 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
One more day. Either last Monday was a fluke or we are actual competitors this year. I'm so amped to find out!

Isn't that the truth!

Honestly if the niners win it will be great and a huge boost of confidence for all but I do realize its week 2 and it wont define the season win or loss..its a long season where a lot can happen..1 thing I kno for sure is Gabber cant miss open receivers like last week..there is a big difference between Cam and Case..3 and outs will hurt a lot more..
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Isn't that the truth!

Honestly if the niners win it will be great and a huge boost of confidence for all but I do realize its week 2 and it wont define the season win or loss..its a long season where a lot can happen..1 thing I kno for sure is Gabber cant miss open receivers like last week..there is a big difference between Cam and Case..3 and outs will hurt a lot more..

You're right in saying that a win or loss tomorrow won't define the rest of the season. However, how the team LOOKS will be key. I think the vast majority of the board knew last year was going to be a long season once we were halfway through the first quarter in Week 3 last year. That's awfully early to know that, but the team looked so abysmal aside from Week 1 that you couldn't really blame anyone.

The schedule basically sets up the same pattern. Start at home late Monday night, then go to the east coast for an early Sunday morning Week 2 game against a team that played in the Thursday opener, then travel all the way back to play on the road against a tough division rival. Hopefully this team/new coaching staff can break that pattern.

If we win tomorrow, it will feel like 2011 all over again. That has maybe a 5% chance of happening, though.
Originally posted by Trath44:
They aren't even showing the 10 o clock game here in the Portland area. WTF don't they show the NFL game?

Maybe I can catch it on the radio. I think the 49ers defense can keep us in the game. But Gabbert....man...hard to know what he's going to do.

No sports bar with Sunday Ticket?

Lol Portland

I am sure you can find a feed online
I'm sure someone has said this, I saw that we were 13.5 point underdogs just a couple days ago. I know I've never seen the 49ers be such huge underdogs, but I'm not sure if ever seen that high of a line ever in the NFL. I'm no gambler, but it's no way I bet this high of a spread in an NFL game.
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
I'm sure someone has said this, I saw that we were 13.5 point underdogs just a couple days ago. I know I've never seen the 49ers be such huge underdogs, but I'm not sure if ever seen that high of a line ever in the NFL. I'm no gambler, but it's no way I bet this high of a spread in an NFL game.

There's been plenty of spreads that high. There was a Patriots/Titans game last year where NE was 14.5 point favorites, and I think Seattle was 14-point favorites over Cleveland. A couple years ago, I forget the exact spread, but Denver was like 17-point favorites over the Jaguars. Maybe more.

In Super Bowl 36, the Rams were 14-point favorites over the Patriots.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:

There's been plenty of spreads that high. There was a Patriots/Titans game last year where NE was 14.5 point favorites, and I think Seattle was 14-point favorites over Cleveland. A couple years ago, I forget the exact spread, but Denver was like 17-point favorites over the Jaguars. Maybe more.

In Super Bowl 36, the Rams were 14-point favorites over the Patriots.

I don't gamble so I never pay attention to what the spread is. Now I do recall that SB hhe Rams were such large favorites. I'm thinking surely the line will get bet down by the time of kickoff.

I feel your pain. I live up on the Washington/Idaho Panhandle border. No TV without satellite, and the local channels are weird about what games they play. Not to rub salt in the wound, but I waited until after the first games, and AT&T sent me a discount coupon for Sunday Ticket Max good for my DTV, $99.00. I just about broke my fingers on the phone screen dialing in to get it.
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
I'm pretty convinced at this point the NFL hates the 49ers. They give us the late slot on Monday Night and then make us fly to the east coast for a 1pm game against a super bowl team that is coming off a Thursday night game with 9 days of rest. WTF... i feel like we get one or two games like this a year.

Then I saw this:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ron-rivera-was-not-happy-about-the-panthers-opening-the-season-in-denver/

Really Ron? He's complaining about "we have to start season on the road, don't they know NFC champs deserve to start at home? Waaaaaaaa!!!!" Then he gets 10 whole days till Carolina home opener while his opponent gets completely f**ked by the schedule committee 2 years in a row. Stupid cry-baby b**ch. I want Niners to pull off a shocking upset even more now.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Sep 17, 2016 at 2:19 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Then I saw this:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ron-rivera-was-not-happy-about-the-panthers-opening-the-season-in-denver/

Really Ron? He's complaining about "we have to start season on the road, don't they know NFC champs deserve to start at home? Waaaaaaaa!!!!" Then he gets 10 whole days till Carolina home opener while his opponent gets completely f**ked by the schedule committee 2 years in a row. Stupid cry-baby b**ch. I want Niners to pull off a shocking upset even more now.

Your passion burns deeper than any 49er player
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Isn't that the truth!

You're right in saying that a win or loss tomorrow won't define the rest of the season. However, how the team LOOKS will be key. I think the vast majority of the board knew last year was going to be a long season once we were halfway through the first quarter in Week 3 last year. That's awfully early to know that, but the team looked so abysmal aside from Week 1 that you couldn't really blame anyone.

The schedule basically sets up the same pattern. Start at home late Monday night, then go to the east coast for an early Sunday morning Week 2 game against a team that played in the Thursday opener, then travel all the way back to play on the road against a tough division rival. Hopefully this team/new coaching staff can break that pattern.

If we win tomorrow, it will feel like 2011 all over again. That has maybe a 5% chance of happening, though.

Your money line here is, "how the team LOOKS"...and that is the part I am primarily interested in. If we are in games to the bitter end...then we've had a good game...W or L..Of course, Chip doesn't see it that way at all.
I have a good feeling about this game! With our defense we can keep it close and give us a chance at the W
Share 49ersWebzone