There are 180 users in the forums

ESPN Power Rankings: 49ers #32...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
If you are going to suck, don't go half-ass about it. Go full suck.

#tank4Watson

And then because that means we would have to lose horribly this year, are you going to want to lose again the following year to get the number one pick again for a receiver for him? When would thst kind of thinking stop?
Originally posted by mojave45:

#tank4Watson

And then because that means we would have to lose horribly this year, are you going to want to lose again the following year to get the number one pick again for a receiver for him? When would thst kind of thinking stop?

When we have a respectable roster.

#tank4Watson

Are you kidding with that post? I don't think you understand the point of view of people rooting for the #1 pick at all. We'll likely spend tens of millions of cap space on free agents next year. If you combine that with the #1 pick (Watson/Garrett), the team will be good enough to be competitive, so most of us who are rooting for losses now will be rooting for playoffs. When the team sucks and is very likely to finish in the 4-12 to 8-8 range and needs to find a franchise QB, it makes sense to root for a top pick when there is someone who many see as a franchise QB available. A year from now, the team will be more talented so we may be looking at a 6-10 to 11-5 record where there is legitimate hope for making the playoffs. Assuming that anyone rooting for a bad 49ers team to lose will also root for a pretty good 49ers team to lose is moronic.

We have a limited window to get a #1 pick before we spend cap room and become mediocre again. This is probably the only chance we'll have at a top pick over the next 5 years if everything goes well.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

#tank4Watson

Are you kidding with that post? I don't think you understand the point of view of people rooting for the #1 pick at all. We'll likely spend tens of millions of cap space on free agents next year. If you combine that with the #1 pick (Watson/Garrett), the team will be good enough to be competitive, so most of us who are rooting for losses now will be rooting for playoffs. When the team sucks and is very likely to finish in the 4-12 to 8-8 range and needs to find a franchise QB, it makes sense to root for a top pick when there is someone who many see as a franchise QB available. A year from now, the team will be more talented so we may be looking at a 6-10 to 11-5 record where there is legitimate hope for making the playoffs. Assuming that anyone rooting for a bad 49ers team to lose will also root for a pretty good 49ers team to lose is moronic.

We have a limited window to get a #1 pick before we spend cap room and become mediocre again. This is probably the only chance we'll have at a top pick over the next 5 years if everything goes well.

You don't have to lose to get the player you want.

#tank4Watson

i want them to win now

#tank4Watson

i want them to win now

Tanking is not winning
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

#tank4Watson

i want them to win now

Tanking is not winning

no way?

#tank4Watson

i want them to win now

Tanking is not winning

no way?

So you don't know what you want

#tank4watson, win now, no way

#tank4Watson

i want them to win now

Tanking is not winning

no way?

im just predicting the popular #'s

i prefer a winning record
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

#tank4Watson

Wow. You root to lose and say I am moronic. Irony? I think most folks here knows which attitude is more moronic. Willing to bet it isn't mine.

#tank4Watson

i want them to win now

Tanking is not winning

no way?

im just predicting the popular #'s

i prefer a winning record

Me too, man me too
lol watson sucks! But it's hard to imagine that we're behind Tennessee
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Aug 19, 2016 at 1:10 AM ]
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Has anyone ever thought of rating the journos and media companies that do these ratings?

At the end of the show/segment, they showed how far they were off in 2015. The Cowboys dropped like 21 places from pre season to the end of season.

Lol. So true!

How many NFL sportscasters are completely unbiased or fully aware of every teams roster and schemes. Way too many variables to take any credence in their voracity.

An injury to one or two key players and the game changes. Sure you can make on paper guesses that mike work something like Madden game but these guys are just big mouths that want to push their own view of the world and dis any team they hate.

They are really just entertainers selling advertising at the end of the day.

#tank4Watson

i want them to win now

Tanking is not winning

no way?

I think this schedule is brutal. At a time we dont know what the hell is going on with our offense. This year will give the oline time to gel. Too many question marks? Along with having 2 super bowl contenders in our division. We are going to be lucky to start the season 1-2 with this schedule. No worries for tanking. I'm just hoping we can win more games than last year.
Well, until we prove otherwise. . . . . . . . . . . . .
Share 49ersWebzone