There are 131 users in the forums

Has Our O-Line Quetly Gone From Weak Link...to....Position of Strength??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm interested in their pass protection this year so the QBs can learn and we can see what Kelly has in them. Let the scheming open up running lanes rather than brute strength ala Singletary. The one thing Roman did well is to use clever blocking to help the run game. Last year they went from clever to confused.

Things that give hope:
  • Staley and Beadles are friends off the field
  • Garnett will compete with last year's OGs and other draftees for the other G spot
  • Davis is in shape and appears to be back mentally
  • Coaches may be greatly improved

All these things are good/great changes and Kelly's offense should help as well.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by dsmith_49erz:
With such an expected fast pace up tempo offense, it would make sense to rotate O linemen as well

No

you do not rotate offensive lineman and you do not rotate quarterbacks
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Definitely improved over last year, but how good they can be remains to be seen. Optimism season is in full swing and everyone has the rose colored glasses on.

I like Staley, Kilgore, Davis. That's a pretty decent core. Garnett is a rookie and even if he has a great rookie season, he'll still have his ups and downs. Beadles? Who knows? Will he return to form now that he's back in a zone blocking scheme, or is he simply a player whose best years are already behind him? Beyond the likely starters, there's a lot of question marks.

I know this: The best O-lines are the ones that have played together for awhile. This is a new group and they'll need time to build chemistry. We've got some pieces, but this is a work in progress.
Originally posted by Lifer:
Definitely improved over last year, but how good they can be remains to be seen. Optimism season is in full swing and everyone has the rose colored glasses on.

I like Staley, Kilgore, Davis. That's a pretty decent core. Garnett is a rookie and even if he has a great rookie season, he'll still have his ups and downs. Beadles? Who knows? Will he return to form now that he's back in a zone blocking scheme, or is he simply a player whose best years are already behind him? Beyond the likely starters, there's a lot of question marks.

I know this: The best O-lines are the ones that have played together for awhile. This is a new group and they'll need time to build chemistry. We've got some pieces, but this is a work in progress.

100% agree! Well said.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Better O-line coaching + Kilgore healthy + AD back + Garnett draft pick + Beadles signing for ZBS type play = night and day for the O-line.

Agree! Beadles was a misfit in Jacksonville's scheme, he was a solid player in Denver.
Why does Brandon Thomas always get forgotten?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Idk but i want answers
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Idk but i want answers

Seriously 1st to 2nd round grade on him 2 years of development and barely has seen and playing time?

because the media hardly ever talks about him so we have no idea
Honestly i think this o-line looks ten times better with Davis and we have some serious depth. I did not think Trent Brown was ready to start but he will indeed make a good backup. I fully expect the line to look like this: Davis...Garnett...Kilgore...Beadles....Staley

That line reminds me alot of 2011. we have Brown, Thomas, Tiller and Martin that will be great backups if there is an injury

• Lifer
  • Veteran

Yet another Baalke ACL pick. Since everyone else in that group has flopped, that puts Thomas in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category.
[ Edited by Lifer on Aug 2, 2016 at 11:18 AM ]
super bowl.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

because the media hardly ever talks about him so we have no idea

Because he was not even good enough last year when we had the worst Oline in the NFL he wasn't even good enough to dress for games.

B/c Kelly is a racist?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Share 49ersWebzone