LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 347 users in the forums

Dish customers lose KTXL Fox 40 and 12 49er games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dmax:
I'm about to switch from Comcast to direct tv in august..I'm super excited for SUNDAY TICKET
you don't want none of that s**t

Less than 2 more weeks for Dish to get their s**t together and get back Fox and NFLN.

For those who have had Dish and DirectTV before, is there any difference other than adjusting to the channel sequencing?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Joecool:
Less than 2 more weeks for Dish to get their s**t together and get back Fox and NFLN.

For those who have had Dish and DirectTV before, is there any difference other than adjusting to the channel sequencing?

had Dish for about 4 years and DTV for about 8 years. DTV was better. Better setup, picture, local service and equipment for the money, imo. They both run the same scams on people and if you need to call customer service you're going to get someone who can't speak engrish good.
Originally posted by SoCold:

had Dish for about 4 years and DTV for about 8 years. DTV was better. Better setup, picture, local service and equipment for the money, imo. They both run the same scams on people and if you need to call customer service you're going to get someone who can't speak engrish good.

I haven't had any issues the past couple of years with their customer service but that's probably because I haven't been in a contract with Dish for a couple of years now. They keep providing me with more promotions.

The new Dish receiver is solid. I can record 16 shows at ones. How is the DTV equipment because the kids be recording everything.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

I haven't had any issues the past couple of years with their customer service but that's probably because I haven't been in a contract with Dish for a couple of years now. They keep providing me with more promotions.

The new Dish receiver is solid. I can record 16 shows at ones. How is the DTV equipment because the kids be recording everything.

had the dvr from 2 years ago. it was really nice. When they tried to send me an upgraded one they sent me an older one from what I had. That one didn't even work. It was a mix up clearly. They wanted me to pay for it and shipping back. Told them to F off. For every person they give free crap to they recoup it from someone else. lol

had the dvr from 2 years ago. it was really nice. When they tried to send me an upgraded one they sent me an older one from what I had. That one didn't even work. It was a mix up clearly. They wanted me to pay for it and shipping back. Told them to F off. For every person they give free crap to they recoup it from someone else. lol

I'm really digging the Hopper 3. They provided it to me at no cost and no contract. The main thing keeping me from switching to DTV right now is the H3 can record up to 500 hrs to DTV's Genie that can only hold 200. H3 also has more capabilities like 4 in 1 picture in picture and more speed.

But it looks like I'm going to need to give them another call about Fox and NFLN. They will need to give me some major promotions like all premium channels and make my total bill $50 if they want to keep me.

If I switch to DTV right now, I can get all 150 channels plus premium channels and Sunday Ticket (2 years) for only $65 (after all other fees) for 2 years.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

I'm really digging the Hopper 3. They provided it to me at no cost and no contract. The main thing keeping me from switching to DTV right now is the H3 can record up to 500 hrs to DTV's Genie that can only hold 200. H3 also has more capabilities like 4 in 1 picture in picture and more speed.

But it looks like I'm going to need to give them another call about Fox and NFLN. They will need to give me some major promotions like all premium channels and make my total bill $50 if they want to keep me.

If I switch to DTV right now, I can get all 150 channels plus premium channels and Sunday Ticket (2 years) for only $65 (after all other fees) for 2 years.

Yeah DTV is a decent deal for 2 years. Then they rape you just like anything.

For me when I had Dish they did not include NFLN or Fox Sports Detroit. I had to pay extra to get them and it ended up costing more than DTV after 2 years.

For me when I had Dish they did not include NFLN or Fox Sports Detroit. I had to pay extra to get them and it ended up costing more than DTV after 2 years.

Don't ever take that price hike after your promotion. Once you are out of contract, you are in control, not them. They say you can't get new customer promotions anymore to get you to settle. I just call them and tell them I just activated a Comcast free 30-day trial and am really liking Comcast system...but to save me the trouble of jumping through hoops, I will stay with them if they can give me a good offer.

They always do. Then I tell them, what do I do when this offer expires? They say, just call back and do the same thing.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Don't ever take that price hike after your promotion. Once you are out of contract, you are in control, not them. They say you can't get new customer promotions anymore to get you to settle. I just call them and tell them I just activated a Comcast free 30-day trial and am really liking Comcast system...but to save me the trouble of jumping through hoops, I will stay with them if they can give me a good offer.

They always do. Then I tell them, what do I do when this offer expires? They say, just call back and do the same thing.

Well if you like the service and have them for more than a few year they stop giving you s**t. I had the free ST and then paid for it at a lower cost for almost 5 years. Then they wanted to raise my bill by $100 total. I talked to so many people over a month. They never budged and charged me $100 more. Just told them to cancel it and they never gave me anything.
Well if you like the service and have them for more than a few year they stop giving you s**t. I had the free ST and then paid for it at a lower cost for almost 5 years. Then they wanted to raise my bill by $100 total. I talked to so many people over a month. They never budged and charged me $100 more. Just told them to cancel it and they never gave me anything.

I am assuming you talked with the retention department.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Yeah I talked to everyone. I talked to 5 people then their boss then the bosses boss then his boss. lol I guess after 6 years of service they just stop carrying?

The last straw was the dvr mix up. They wanted to charge me $100 for the dvr. Plus wanted me to return both of them. They told me boxes were coming in the mail. If I didn't return them within the time frame I could be charged a fee for both. lol

Well a week goes by and I have no boxes sent to me. After talking to a gang of people I finally found a guy who knew what he was talking about. He had me verify the numbers on my dvr's and told me they were old models that didn't need to be returned because I had been a customer for 6 years. lol no s**t dude. What I've been saying the entire time.

I just said you know what cancel my service I'm done with you. They sent me to a cancel recovery agent who I guess is a master at trying to keep people from leaving. Dude sucked and wouldn't even give me free ST to stay so I said goodbye.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They get the channel back yet or I gotta put some rabbit ears for 40.
Originally posted by susweel:
They get the channel back yet or I gotta put some rabbit ears for 40.

You won't cancel?

Yeah I talked to everyone. I talked to 5 people then their boss then the bosses boss then his boss. lol I guess after 6 years of service they just stop carrying?

The last straw was the dvr mix up. They wanted to charge me $100 for the dvr. Plus wanted me to return both of them. They told me boxes were coming in the mail. If I didn't return them within the time frame I could be charged a fee for both. lol

Well a week goes by and I have no boxes sent to me. After talking to a gang of people I finally found a guy who knew what he was talking about. He had me verify the numbers on my dvr's and told me they were old models that didn't need to be returned because I had been a customer for 6 years. lol no s**t dude. What I've been saying the entire time.

I just said you know what cancel my service I'm done with you. They sent me to a cancel recovery agent who I guess is a master at trying to keep people from leaving. Dude sucked and wouldn't even give me free ST to stay so I said goodbye.

Man, that sucks.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Man, that sucks.

had DTV for 8 years and I figured I avg about $80/mo that's over $7k for tv. lol I don't even watch tv that much. Just sports. Been using the free digital bunny ears for 2 years. Feels Goodman.
Share 49ersWebzone