There are 245 users in the forums

What is left that is truly likable/endearing about this team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bowman. Navorro Bowman. That is it.

Last year we had:

-A quarterback who couldnt throw
-A running back who couldnt run
-A tight end who couldnt catch
-A punter who couldnt punt
-A head coach who couldnt coach
-An offensive coordinator who couldnt call good plays
-An offensive line that couldnt block
-A defensive front that couldnt get much pressure
-A secondary who couldnt cover anyone

And above all else....

-A front office and ownership who was incapable of rational thoughts

Going to be a long road back to the promiseland for our boys. Gotta keep the faith, but it sure is difficult.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
I'm an admitted cynic and pessimist, but even for the most hard and fast optimists, I ask you:

What is left of our beloved 49ers beyond their logo and history that you actually like or are rooting for these days (please exclude rooting for single players like Bowman, etc. and keep it about the organization).

I am curious if others feel as conflicted as I do in the fact that I have lived and died by this team for my 30 years of existence, and will continue to do so, but that love for the team is rooted in who they WERE and what the USED TO stand for. Even in the dark ages of 04-10 it felt different because they were still in Candlestick and largely seemed like a great team who lost their way.

Then they found it and actively blew it up, which makes this rapid descent back to the dungeon of the NFL all the more abhorrent. With an owner and GM I can't stand, a complete lack of a competent plan for success, and a stadium that fails on so many levels beyond just being outside of San Francisco, I'm left to realize that while I still love and will always love the team and the idea of the 49ers, I truly hate the organization.

Anyone else feel that way as well? I'm sure this will get locked but figured it offered some more dialogue beyond the usual hate rant and hey, maybe even a few bright side responses will make things seem a little less worse than they appear to be, because right now, I see an organization flailing and lying to its fans and itself in the process.
Nothing left to add. You've articulated my feelings perfectly.....

I'm at the point of expecting for the worst and hoping for the best.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Bowman. Navorro Bowman. That is it.

Last year we had:

-A quarterback who couldnt throw
-A running back who couldnt run
-A tight end who couldnt catch
-A punter who couldnt punt
-A head coach who couldnt coach
-An offensive coordinator who couldnt call good plays
-An offensive line that couldnt block
-A defensive front that couldnt get much pressure
-A secondary who couldnt cover anyone

And above all else....

-A front office and ownership who was incapable of rational thoughts

Going to be a long road back to the promiseland for our boys. Gotta keep the faith, but it sure is difficult.

I guess we'll have 40 years of wandering in the wilderness
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Come on man, I'm trying to have an actual discussion about this and keep the thread open for that kind of dialogue. English just said that if it can sustain as a civil and productive discussion. it will remain open. So instead of making any meaningful contribution, you post this? What's the point? You also missed my part expressing my allegiance to the team and noting that it won't ever prevent me from rooting for them.

I realize you're a loyalist to ownership and the front office, so maybe this just isn't the thread for you.

Loyalist to ownership, lol

What does that have to do with being 49er fan ?

When you don't like something from top to bottom, why like them ?...oh because you been a fan for awhile lol gtfoh

You applauded the FO for the last two years while watching them destroy our team.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Come on man, I'm trying to have an actual discussion about this and keep the thread open for that kind of dialogue. English just said that if it can sustain as a civil and productive discussion. it will remain open. So instead of making any meaningful contribution, you post this? What's the point? You also missed my part expressing my allegiance to the team and noting that it won't ever prevent me from rooting for them.

I realize you're a loyalist to ownership and the front office, so maybe this just isn't the thread for you.

Loyalist to ownership, lol

What does that have to do with being 49er fan ?

When you don't like something from top to bottom, why like them ?...oh because you been a fan for awhile lol gtfoh

You applauded the FO for the last two years while watching them destroy our team.

JedYorkAllTheTime
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Lol, this statement mean what exactly ?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Mar 22, 2016 at 11:33 AM ]
You guys are going to get this thread locked if you make it personal. This is a good thread. Please don't muck it up.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Seems self explanatory to me.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
You guys are going to get this thread locked if you make it personal. This is a good thread. Please don't muck it up.

This thread is a why am I still a 9er fan

It's apparent that some of you guys would never be 9er fans if we didn't have a little stint of winning 5 Super Bowls out of 50 years
A lot of us have cut our teeth at kezar so don't judge our loyalty

• MikeD
  • Veteran
Maybe the running game will finally do what its suppose to do and not have like 10 RBs on IR. The offense has always been good in Chips system. There will be games where we will finally put up points, and not just field goals.

It's apparent that some of you guys would never be 9er fans if we didn't have a little stint of winning 5 Super Bowls out of 50 years

Yes how dare anyone complain about the team or FO! Clearly not real fans like you .
not a lot to like with the FO at all. A total mess.

But its like loving your country. Even though you may not like who is president, you still love your country

You can be critical of a team and dislike the ownership/front office for operating the franchise poorly and still be a fan.

Please note, all of your commentary in this thread so far has been intended to personally incite people and turn it into an argument. That's not the purpose of this thread. I previously questioned if you had anything meaningful to add to the discussion and you haven't provided anything so far.

Please go post elsewhere if that's going to continue to be the case. Clearly you disagree as evidenced by "GTFO". If you have nothing else constructive, please see the plethora of other discussion threads.

Thanks.
What I will say is that while I'm utterly disgusted and disenchanted with ownership, management, and the direction of the franchise, the fanbase's unified response and outcry to all of that last year with the banner planes, comments on live TV during Super Bowl week, etc. couldn't have made me more proud.

I'm truly convinced it made a considerable impact in the decision to fire Tomsula. Without such backlash, I'm almost certain York would have found something to cling to in effort to bring him back.

While we can't have much of an effect on York's pockets, if we remain vocal and critical, it will help at least some.
Share 49ersWebzone