6. Rathman
7. Taylor
8. Cross
9. Jones
10. Justin Smith

So many....
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by dompernick53:
I was born in 89 so I never really saw Joe play and I really only saw Jerry's twilight years but he was still amazing. Forgot to list VD, one of my faves as well.

that was the year i looked into the window of my x girlfriends bed room window and saw her having sex with another man. then her dog duke came up to the window( not sure why he was in the room at the time they were having sex) and started to wag his tail at me cuz he knew me. suffice to say i ran very fast and very far

Lol damn sorry man that must've hurt
I can't make a list with only five players.
Originally posted by crake49:

Its difficult for all of us, its difficult for me to make a top 20, but pick only 5 and an honorable mention
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Gore
Hearst
Rice
Montana
Pierce Holt
I only caught Joe and Lott at the tail end of their careers, so:

Rice
S Young
B Young
Willis
Gore

Some honorable mentions: Hanks, Schulters, Watters, Rathman, Bar None, Staley, Wallace, Woodall, Hearst, Pope, Taylor, Streets, Cowboy, Bowman, (young) TO, Vernon, . . .
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Originally posted by crake49:

Its difficult for all of us, its difficult for me to make a top 20, but pick only 5 and an honorable mention

Okay. Montana, Lott, Rice, Eric Wright, Young

Honorable mention: Gore, Brodie, Hardman, Johnson, JT, Kevin F., Haley, Clark, Reynolds, Brent Jones, Turner, Williamson, Justin Smith, Willis, Bowman... and about 30 other guys I'm failing to mention.
I don't notice Eric Wright's name on a lot of lists and I find this kind of strange because the 80's the way we remember them might have never happened without him. He saved the NFCC game against Dallas and when they almost blew the opening of their first SB by fumbling the opening kickoff, Wright bailed them out a couple plays later with a key interception. The guy is the most under-rated member of that golden team IMO.
1. Jerry Rice
2. Joe Montana
3. Ronnie Lott
4. Terrell Owens
5. Patrick Willis

With Frank Gore as #5.5
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Feb 9, 2016 at 2:52 PM ]

Ronnie Lott
Jerry Rice
John Taylor
Bryant Young
Patrick Willis
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by dompernick53:
I was born in 89 so I never really saw Joe play and I really only saw Jerry's twilight years but he was still amazing. Forgot to list VD, one of my faves as well.

that was the year i looked into the window of my x girlfriends bed room window and saw her having sex with another man. then her dog duke came up to the window( not sure why he was in the room at the time they were having sex) and started to wag his tail at me cuz he knew me. suffice to say i ran very fast and very far

Ouch . At least you had the Mighty 49ers to lean on back then. That's the year I lost my Mom in September. 49ers helped take my mind off it some.
1. Joe Montana - GOAT hands down... Brady can suck a cock. Nobody is better than Joe.
2. Jerry Rice
3. Steve Young
4. NaVarro Bowman - This should be PW but that b***h retired on us... I cried when he retired and now think of him as an ex-gf.. f**k that, your passion is gone GTFO.
5. Colin Kapernick - Loved the story that he was a 49ers fan, loved watching him bring our team along with JH back to relevance and i hope he comes back stronger than ever.
I didn't get to watch much of Joe being born in 82, so...

Jerry Rice
Jeff Garcia
Patrick Willis
Joe Staley
Justin Smith

Frank Gore would be a very close 6 with Garcia being number 5
Share 49ersWebzone