LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 265 users in the forums

Which current 49ers Tight end will have a breakout 2016?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which current 49ers Tight end will have a breakout 2016?

Originally posted by crake49:
Vance is going to surprise a bunch of people this year...... (I hope)

Agreed ...there's no excuse why he shouldn't produce next year , he better get a lot of work with the Jugs machine during the off season , his blocking is solid, hopefully Nixon can improve his route running and skills getting YAC
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Jan 27, 2016 at 7:36 AM ]
Bell. He transitioned from QB to TE in a run first pistol offense. Still learning. Good athlete.
[ Edited by hashtagnumber80 on Jan 27, 2016 at 4:48 PM ]
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by crake49:
Vance is going to surprise a bunch of people this year...... (I hope)

Agreed ...there's no excuse why he shouldn't produce next year , he better get a lot of work with the Jugs machine during the off season , his blocking is solid, hopefully Nixon can improve his route running and skills getting YAC

I would hope so but the fact that he can't catch a cold after this long doesn't fill me with hope. He had tons of time to work with the jugs machine since he was drafted.
If he learns to catch, he will be great.
Don't know but this...

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 2m2 minutes ago
#49ers and TE Garrett Celek are close to finalizing long term deal, source said.
Originally posted by amosmac28:
Don't know but this...

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 2m2 minutes ago
#49ers and TE Garrett Celek are close to finalizing long term deal, source said.

Works for me. He is a solid #2 TE. If McDonald steps up and Bell continues to develop, they'll be pretty set at the position.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff
Celek was the only #49ers TE last year with a positive overall grade (+0.8).
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
The TE is very inconsistent under Kellys system, Ertz had some big games down the stretch, for the most part was a non factor and lost a lot of snaps to celek because he couldn't block.

The key is that both TE's have to be able to block if youre going to have them on the field in a high tempo offense. Ertz is a s**tty blocker. Philly Celek isnt as good a receiver but a very good blocker.

I can see McDonald and SF Celek getting a lot of snaps due to their blocking ability. McDonald has the outstanding athleticism but needs to improve his concentration when it comes to catching the ball. He is a natural hands catcher but has s**t focus at times. Dude needs to talk to a sports therapist and hash his issues out.
Generic VANCE narrative expletive etc etc
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The key is that both TE's have to be able to block if youre going to have them on the field in a high tempo offense. Ertz is a s**tty blocker. Philly Celek isnt as good a receiver but a very good blocker.

I can see McDonald and SF Celek getting a lot of snaps due to their blocking ability. McDonald has the outstanding athleticism but needs to improve his concentration when it comes to catching the ball. He is a natural hands catcher but has s**t focus at times. Dude needs to talk to a sports therapist and hash his issues out.

Totally!
butthole vance should just quit

Celek. The guy catches everything thrown at him and he gets open.
Oj Howard...he will be perfect for our offense
How about they play a full season without injuries first.
Blake bell is going to be a star
I hope we use a higher draft pick on one.

No more clowning around at TE. We need a legit redzone threat. Vance is the best physcially but his hands are s**t. Bell still needs to develop and Celek is just ok.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 21, 2016 at 7:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone