There are 203 users in the forums

Updated: Who Do You Want As Head Coach? *Please Re-Vote*

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Updated: Who Do You Want As Head Coach? *Please Re-Vote*

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I just Googled a couple of random articles regarding Hue Jackson's firing as the Raiders HC. It might be worth a quick read.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1018696-hue-jackson-fired-5-reasons-the-oakland-raiders-canned-their-coach

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2012/01/report-hue-jackson-fired-by-raiders-1.html

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/01/reasons-why-hue-jackson-was-fired/

Side Note: I think its interesting to note in the articles how poorly Carson Palmer played with the Raiders. He had something like 16 picks. Yet, somehow he was able to turn it around in AZ. It just blows my mind that people think Kap is broken beyond repair and not even worthy of another shot. / rant.

I read those articles. The man deserves another chance. I'm sure there were situations on and off the field he wished he did differently. I think it was a learning experience for him. I would be on board with Hue Jackson.
Originally posted by Escobar:
Is David Shaw even a realistic option?

Lol, most of these guys aren't realistic options. Who would want to come here right now?
Originally posted by awp8912:
Originally posted by Escobar:
Pretty sure he turned us down for an interview last time, not sure what has changed since then

Beggars can't be choosers. He's already reaching out and saying he wants the Titans job, assuming they decline he might consider here.

The Titans have a franchise QB and the first overall pick. I'm pretty sure that position is way more attractive than ours. McDaniels may stay as a coordinator if there isn't a position he wants. It's better than being the scapegoat here and getting fired after a year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They are all meh.
Now Tampa is looking for a new HC too, just to complicate things further. They just fired Lovie Smith.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
This poll is kind of pointless, as if fans can predict or know what makes a great coaching candidate.

It doesn't matter who is hired, the fans will find some way to complain.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by FL9er:
This poll is kind of pointless, as if fans can predict or know what makes a great coaching candidate.

It doesn't matter who is hired, the fans will find some way to complain.

Um....it's a poll. It is personal opinion.
I know I'm new to this board, this will be my first post. But I've been a 49er Faithful since I was 8 years old. I'm now 35.

I watch a lot of football. And if I had my opinion, if we didn't go with Hue Jackson or Adam Gase. I'd rather hop back into the college ranks. I think Saban, Shaw and Jim McElwain of the Florida Gators would be great choices.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If Hue Jackson is not available my choices would be Mike Shula or Doug Peterson.

Pederson would be an interesting pick. I've floated his name before.

Doug PEDERSON.....PEDERSON....I keep getting that crap mixed up.

Sure his offense might not put up flashy numbers, but they're 9th in scoring, 6th in rushing and 30th in passing but that's cause Alex smith is more the conservative passer than gun slinger.

He backed up Favre at QB under Mike Sherman in Green Bay. He coached for many years under Andy Reid and since Reid coached under Holmgren in a way it would be like getting a much younger poor man's Holmgren. Maybe not the #1 option but anyone who has learned from Favre, Sherman and Reid is someone to at least consider imo especially if Jackson goes elsewhere. I'm doing what it takes to get Jackson because IMO the level drops off after him.

Originally posted by HERN:
I voted for Matt Patricia. I really like the guy and strongly believe he will be a good HC if given the opportunity. I obviously would rather have Jackson but Patricia is my dark horse.

Under him the defense has been 2012: 25th, 2013: 26, 2014: 13, 2015: 9 so they are improving. Belicheck's coaches dont have the best track record but he seems like a guy the players would love playing for and could rally around. You have to wonder how much he knows for x's and o's. My biggest problem is we haven't had a top 10 passing offense since 2003 (12 years) so it's time to get an offensive coach and hopefully a passing one at that. We need to improve the offense. I'm not sure what kind of offensive staff he could put together. That would worry me.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by HoosierNiner:
I know I'm new to this board, this will be my first post. But I've been a 49er Faithful since I was 8 years old. I'm now 35.

I watch a lot of football. And if I had my opinion, if we didn't go with Hue Jackson or Adam Gase. I'd rather hop back into the college ranks. I think Saban, Shaw and Jim McElwain of the Florida Gators would be great choices.

Welcome to the Webzone.

And first I must say I gotta disagree with you about going to the college ranks. For one, David Shaw has said he is happy at Stanford and won't leave no matter the money. No thanks to Saban, that guy already bailed on the NFL and I don't think he could be trusted again I can't stand coaches that do that. And to tell you the truth I don't know much about Jim McElwain so I can't really comment on him.

Again Welcome to the Webzone, have fun Go 9ers.

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I just Googled a couple of random articles regarding Hue Jackson's firing as the Raiders HC. It might be worth a quick read.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1018696-hue-jackson-fired-5-reasons-the-oakland-raiders-canned-their-coach

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2012/01/report-hue-jackson-fired-by-raiders-1.html

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/01/reasons-why-hue-jackson-was-fired/

Side Note: I think its interesting to note in the articles how poorly Carson Palmer played with the Raiders. He had something like 16 picks. Yet, somehow he was able to turn it around in AZ. It just blows my mind that people think Kap is broken beyond repair and not even worthy of another shot. / rant.

Jackson was a horrible coach back then
Is there a legitimate excuse for why Shanahan's tenure in Washington was less-than-stellar? Something other than "the Redskins' organization was a mess!" because we're kind of in a mess too and I want to be confident in someone who can clean us up...
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
McDaniels because he can make this offense score points.

If the Pats return to the Super Bowl more options go off the board to fill out his staff.
Donald Trump

But, J ust E ffing D umb (that's you JED, even though you had the sign taken down)

Sean Payton knows a dumpster fire

Our Silver Spoon will deliver us Jed Bush instead

Or, Ben Carson (aka Jimmy Raye)

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Is there a legitimate excuse for why Shanahan's tenure in Washington was less-than-stellar? Something other than "the Redskins' organization was a mess!" because we're kind of in a mess too and I want to be confident in someone who can clean us up...

He took them to the playoffs with RGIII even though he preferred Kirk Cousins. Unfortunately Snyder offered fort Knox to get RGIII so he gave the QB preferential treatment and undermined Shannahan's control over the locker room. Turns out his assessment of Cousins is spot on and they will be dumping Griffin.

He should be held accountable for some of the Redskins blunders under his control but Snyder bankrolled three drafts on a QB that Shannahan's wasn't too fond of and blew their cap flexibility on Haynesworth. With a more fiscally responsible GM and with a GM who values the draft, Shannahan's may just find success back with the Niners.
Share 49ersWebzone