There are 265 users in the forums

Goff or Lynch? It doesn't matter. Thank you Cleveland!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I just became very excited about the future of the 49ers!

Goff or Lynch? Lynch or Goff? Who can be the future QB for the Niners? Can Baalke pick the right QB?

None of this matters because Cleveland picks before the Niners. Manziel, Weeden, Quinn, Couch! Assuming no other team takes a QB, the Browns will surely take the worse of the two. This leaves the Niners with the better QB.

I'll take optimism where ever I can find it.
It's probably fair to bet against Cleveland's draft record on QBs.
I think we are got either of the two top qbs bc they will most likely not invest another first round pick at qb. Johnny did well these last few games so I think they keep him. It would be nice to get a great pass rusher or wr and a top 5 pick.
If these guys truly grade out as a top 15-20 talent then I'm fine taking either one. I just don't want to be in that position of chasing a bottom first or 2nd round talent with the first 5-10 picks because it's a QB. I only say this because I've heard some say these guys are 2nd round talent. I defer to the draft guys in this though because I haven't seen enough to of either to form a solid opinion.
Both suck or decent at best so I rather have someone like bosa, this QB class doesn't have a can't miss talent like leinart, Newton, luck
These guys were a tough call for me. Goff has a lot of the skills I expect from a franchise QB: good feet, sensing presure and safe directions to slide in the pocket without looking at the rush, looking off safeties, influencing coverage with eye and pump fakes, etc. Lynch is the more impressive athlete. Goff's frame concerns me, but he's been remarkably durable for a QB who gets hit as often as he does. I have a clear bias against Lynch, as I was already burned by believing in an athletic QB who featured limitless potential with a more limited skillset. I prefer Goff because he has already developed those skills, and I don't have to assume that they will eventually become habitual for him. Brady and Manning are worse athletes than most of the people on this board, but they win with mechanics and skills, rather than talent.

Hopefully Cleveland bites on physical talent if they go QB.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
this QB class doesn't have a can't miss talent like leinart

lol.
I really don't want to take a qb too five. There will be sure things at every position at that spot.... Except qb.
Between those two I'd pick Lynch, and I'd take him with our first pick. I know we have other positions of need but the QB is THE most important position on the field. And to date the QB of the future isn't on the roster. Plus, next year is looking like a down year for QB's coming out of collage. So we'd be better off getting one of those three top guys now.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Dec 23, 2015 at 6:55 AM ]
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
These guys were a tough call for me. Goff has a lot of the skills I expect from a franchise QB: good feet, sensing presure and safe directions to slide in the pocket without looking at the rush, looking off safeties, influencing coverage with eye and pump fakes, etc. Lynch is the more impressive athlete. Goff's frame concerns me, but he's been remarkably durable for a QB who gets hit as often as he does. I have a clear bias against Lynch, as I was already burned by believing in an athletic QB who featured limitless potential with a more limited skillset. I prefer Goff because he has already developed those skills, and I don't have to assume that they will eventually become habitual for him. Brady and Manning are worse athletes than most of the people on this board, but they win with mechanics and skills, rather than talent.

Would you feel comfortable with the niners taking either with a top 5-10 pick?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

lol.

Or Sam Bradford, Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young, RG 3 ...

just mid/late round scrubs like Montana, Romo, Brady, ...

QB is just soooooo hard to evaluate. You just hope that the team sees a guy that provides the qualities they believe in as fundamental to QB success, and they go get him.
Originally posted by Niners816:

Would you feel comfortable with the niners taking either with a top 5-10 pick?

As said, I have my own issues with Lynch, but I am also aware that the Kap experience has me gun shy. If the 49ers take Lynch that early, I'd feel a lot better if they did so with Goff still on the board. I don't want them to draft the guy who remains, I want them to draft the guy that makes the needle jump for them. I feel comfortable with Goff's potential as a QB with an elite set of necessary QB skills. Lynch may be better than him 5 years down the road, but that depends on him developing many of the skills that Goff already has. I like Lynch's intangibles a lot.

Tough call.
As said, I have my own issues with Lynch, but I am also aware that the Kap experience has me gun shy. If the 49ers take Lynch that early, I'd feel a lot better if they did so with Goff still on the board. I don't want them to draft the guy who remains, I want them to draft the guy that makes the needle jump for them. I feel comfortable with Goff's potential as a QB with an elite set of necessary QB skills. Lynch may be better than him 5 years down the road, but that depends on him developing many of the skills that Goff already has. I like Lynch's intangibles a lot.

Tough call.

Sounds good.....I guess it's also gonna depend on how the other top non QB grade out and the grade differential between the top QB and ones you could get in second.
IMO the new coach is what matters if they pick one of the Qbs. McCarthy and his staff and sitting behind #4 for 3 years would've made Alex into what Aaron is as well. Minus arm strength of course.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

lol.
That's true. But next years class don't look good. Next season is gonna be a down year for college QB's. We'd be better off getting Lynch, Cook or Goff this season while the top pickings are good.
Share 49ersWebzone