LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 175 users in the forums

Do we trade Kap in the offseason and draft a QB next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we trade Kap in the offseason and draft a QB next year?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
If we draft a qb round 1 and start him it'll be Alex Smith all over again.

This. Outside of Goff, I don't think any QB is worthy of a 1st round pick anyways. Draft one of the top two offensive tackles, look for a QB in Rounds 2 or 3. Maybe this goofy ginger out of NDSU.

3rd round pls
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Rascal:
I didn't say Baalke will be doing the drafting. He needs to go too.

Yeah that's not happening. I don't even see Tomsula being fired, I expect them to pull out a few late season wins, just enough to knock them out of contention for a top QB in the draft and enough that they showed "promise", earning Tomsula another year.

This for sure.

Just enough wins to prevent us from getting a top tier guy.

Like last year.

Wait you really think they have a shot at winning another game???
No team is gonna take on his ridiculous salary
Yeah I don't want that dumbass either.

I think Kaepernick sticks around next season, albeit with a likely paycut but not a guaranteed starting job.

Now if the team continues to struggle and the Saints continue to struggle, if Payton gets fired, maybe they could back up the Brinks truck() for him and he'd bring Brees along with him. That would be a stopgap for a couple seasons while a rookie develops.

how much of a pay cut? Gabbert'a contract? maybe.
Originally posted by niners_believer:
Yeah I don't want that dumbass either.

I think Kaepernick sticks around next season, albeit with a likely paycut but not a guaranteed starting job.

Now if the team continues to struggle and the Saints continue to struggle, if Payton gets fired, maybe they could back up the Brinks truck() for him and he'd bring Brees along with him. That would be a stopgap for a couple seasons while a rookie develops.

how much of a pay cut? Gabbert'a contract? maybe.

Any more than league minimum is too much, if he won't take it let him walk and go screw up some other team.
Well, since it is imperative. LOL
Maybe we could trade kap for a can of coke. Not one of those big cans, just the normal one. Could be pretty refreshing for one lucky guy on the team.
We could turn him into a WR and slash his salary.

Or trade him for RGIII . . .

Or trade him to Philly if Chip's still around . . .

Or maybe Rexy'll think he can groom him . . .

Whatever it is, they should draft a QB next year.
But more importantly, they need to see that the current roster grows. Our two OL coaches better be working on Thomas/Martin/Silberman/Brown. A head start on that future OL will only help whoever starts at QB next year. If we can develop a solid OL and front seven, it'll be a fair enough of a situation for a new QB to step into.
[ Edited by zonkers on Oct 4, 2015 at 11:33 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I didn't say Baalke will be doing the drafting. He needs to go too.

Yeah that's not happening. I don't even see Tomsula being fired, I expect them to pull out a few late season wins, just enough to knock them out of contention for a top QB in the draft and enough that they showed "promise", earning Tomsula another year.

This for sure.

Just enough wins to prevent us from getting a top tier guy.

Like last year.

Wait you really think they have a shot at winning another game???

Exactly. At the very most, may be 2 more wins against the Bears and Browns. But, even then I am not positive. We could easily go winless from this point. The fact that we don't have a QB, Carlos Hyde is shut down by the opposing D. We have zero offense. We might be able to drive it down to the red zone a few times, but as usual we can never convert.
1. Cut Kap. He isn't worth anything.
2. Sign a veteran to start
3. Draft a QB to sit behind the veteran and learn the nuances of the game from the veteran.

How about firing Trent, Jeep, and Tomsula?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
fine then, sanchez.
Sanchez could not do anything behind an all-pro o-line. No, thanks.
[ Edited by communist on Oct 5, 2015 at 5:22 AM ]
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
I don't want to stick with Kap any longer than necessary, but drafting a QB to be the day 1 starter would be a huge mistake. We have to build a stable environment before we start looking for the QB of the future. I want to see both the OL and the coaching staff rebuilt. It might take three years before we are truly ready to invest in a legit young QB prospect, but I'd be willing to pay that price to avoid having to draft a new QB every two or three years.

This is the only sane way forward.
Forget about all these sexy WRs. There is no point the moment Kap is still under center. Is a waste of time.
If we can get an AJ Green-type of WR, we should go for him, independent of the starter at QB.
Would it be unreasonable to have a "too soon to call" option?
Share 49ersWebzone