LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 145 users in the forums

Game # 2- The Good, Bad and Ugly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bigwads:
Defensive gameplan = F-

That was seriously the worst defensive gameplan imaginable. The defense had two objectives: 1) Stop A. Brown; 2) Stop Williams.

How in the hell do you have Reid on the LOS and then bailing trying to get on top of Brown...that is the dumbest freaking idea known to man. Brown and Roth burned them every time they tried this.

Yeah. It worked on Bridgewater but Big Ben was like lulz.
You have to throw Staley and Boone in the bad or ugly list as well. Why are they getting a pass? They were pretty bad themselves.

Good was Kaps's accuracy and decision making. And really that is where the list ends. Just one of those games where everything goes bad from the out set.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Yeah btown shoulda had a hard double team at all times. I cant understand what they were doing against him.
Originally posted by thl408:
Good:
- Team didn't pack it in for the 2nd half
- Kap's accuracy and decisiveness when given time

Bad:
- No pressure when rushing 4
- Blitzes not getting home
- Safety play

Ugly:
- Martin/Devey/Pears
- 3rd down defense
- Drive killing mistakes in the first half (penalties, key dropped passes)
- Acker versus ABrown

Agree, when Kaep actually had time to throw the ball he was excellent. To go even 1 step beyond that, his completion percentage was excellent even when he was getting pressured. That speaks a lot to his own improvement in the offseason.
I'm still waiting for the "horrible" Steelers defense to show up. I know it's a little early for Halloween, but I'm thinking they snuck in dressed as the 49ers defense.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigwads:
Defensive gameplan = F-

That was seriously the worst defensive gameplan imaginable. The defense had two objectives: 1) Stop A. Brown; 2) Stop Williams.

How in the hell do you have Reid on the LOS and then bailing trying to get on top of Brown...that is the dumbest freaking idea known to man. Brown and Roth burned them every time they tried this.

I'll admit the game plan for Brown was strange and that's putting it nicely.

You're not going to stop Antonio Brown but I expected Mangini to roll more coverage his way.
  • thl408
Good:
Bryant Young looking pimpish on the local post game show.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Where the hell was Vernon?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Hurt his vagina

Vernon Davis doesn't give two craps about football anymore, the sooner we accept that, the sooner we can move on.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:

Hurt his vagina

• Buchy
  • Veteran

I think Vernon has taken early retirement, he just hasn't told the team. That in completion on the sideline where he caught it then eased up as the hit came in to have it ruled incomplete was soft. He's not mentally in it anymore, not sure if he's afraid of being reinsurer but I think we should start playing Bell.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by linkboy:

Vernon Davis doesn't give two craps about football anymore, the sooner we accept that, the sooner we can move on.

I concur, sir.
Originally posted by linkboy:

Watching him play makes me sick. No heart, no passion and no drive. Just looks to go out of bounds and dances around.
VD went 5 for 62 on 6 targets, the missed target being that would've been first down that got knocked out

the real question is where are the deep throws to VD?
[ Edited by Escobar on Sep 20, 2015 at 1:53 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone