Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
what's his deal?

Can't play till week 6.

cant wait to get him back in there

both him and simpson will be nice additions,, not to mention reggie

agreed ... we need their experience on the field
God i can't wait till Kilgore comes back that will at least give us 3 servicible O-linemen
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
God i can't wait till Kilgore comes back that will at least give us 3 servicible O-linemen
sucks to say..but who knows what kind of kilgore we get
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I doubt heavily it will be a great one...everybody should know that. Hoping Kilgore fixes this line is setting yourself up for disappointment.
  • thl408
With a leg injury like that, I have to think muscle atrophy will play a huge factor (not a doctor). So even when he's ready to train, he has to work hard to get back to how he was.
Originally posted by thl408:
With a leg injury like that, I have to think muscle atrophy will play a huge factor (not a doctor). So even when he's ready to train, he has to work hard to get back to how he was.

How do you think his play was when he was healthy?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

he was very very very good in my opinion
  • thl408

Above average, not dominant, consistent.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
what's his deal?

Can't play till week 6.

Week 7

Fully agree. Not a dominant player, but rock solid. A steady presence, and we need that. Even if he's not 100% it's hard to imagine his return hurting the team much. I think Kilgore gives us an immediate boost on the interior, whether at C or OG.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Fully agree. Not a dominant player, but rock solid. A steady presence, and we need that. Even if he's not 100% it's hard to imagine his return hurting the team much. I think Kilgore gives us an immediate boost on the interior, whether at C or OG.

All kap needs is solid and consistent. That's it.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Same. Technically sound but could be overpowered (kind of what we're complaining about with MM right now). That said, we're not running much power anymore so a technically savy C could end up being ideal in our new ZBS.
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I doubt heavily it will be a great one...everybody should know that. Hoping Kilgore fixes this line is setting yourself up for disappointment.

A 85% Kilgore is still better than a 100% Marcus Martin I'll take that any day of the week.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Got to go OL in the draft early next year.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Same. Technically sound but could be overpowered (kind of what we're complaining about with MM right now). That said, we're not running much power anymore so a technically savy C could end up being ideal in our new ZBS.

The difference is that Martin isn't technically sound at all. In college he just physically bullied and controlled people, in the NFL he can't get away with that. His skills and footwork have improved but he's still got a ways to go.
Share 49ersWebzone