There are 259 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Bimbo_Coles:
Sign Pugh to start at LG, and back-up at tackle. Resign Kilgore but draft a C like Daniels or Ragnow in the 3rd. Kilgore can be a bridge for our center of the future.

Not a bad approach at all.

or get Price from Ohio State if we trade back in the first with a team like the Bills.

Now that's sexy

I'm not a fan. He may be the best prospect this year but he is nothing special from what I was able to see. Not worth a pick in the top half of the 1st round.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Seems pretty clear to me. They don't feel like there's a FA that they would prefer over Kilgore and the continuity he provides.

So the move at this point is to focus on a quality FA G and look to draft a C/G in the mid rounds. Let the draft pick back up both positions and maybe eventually take the starting C job.

Other than Ryan Jensen, the only FA center ranked higher than Kilgore was Spencer Long and he was only three spots higher and coming off an injury-filled year.

So, the honest question would be; why not sign the guy you know for a reasonable price than compete with all the other needy teams to bid up a guy who may not be any better?

Yep, the answer is clear.

Nice Analysis! On top of that we already have some talent that might develop this offseason - Garnett, Magnuson, Darell Williams - or at least I hope they show something more this next pre-season.
Originally posted by dj43:
I'm not a fan. He may be the best prospect this year but he is nothing special from what I was able to see. Not worth a pick in the top half of the 1st round.

I don't mind Price but I'd rather draft Daniels or Ragnow outside the first.
Kilgore's resigned.

Now, we need to groom an eventual replacement from the middle of the draft.

Any suggestions??
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Kilgore's resigned.

Any suggestions??

Originally posted by genus49:
I don't mind Price but I'd rather draft Daniels or Ragnow outside the first.

This seems right. Guys are still bouncing up and down the boards so...who knows where they will fall, but someone should be available. According to the CBS board:

1st: Ragnow, Ark (32)
2nd: Bozeman, Ala, 55; Price, Ohio St. (57); Daniels, Iowa (59)

Then a big drop to #93 Corbett, Nev and 110 Shelton, Wash

So it looks to me like the niners may need to move up in the second to get a guy they like or take a flier on a later pick. Of course, this is CBS' board and all boards are suspect this time of year. After the Combine shake out they will be scrambled.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 15, 2018 at 10:21 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Are we signing any top free agent? Some say Andrew Norwell?
Originally posted by Rascal:

From what I've read he'd be the most expensive BUT the best at the position in FA w/Pugh right behind him.

I feel that the FO will resign Fusco who I've read has a muscle tear and played thru it last season.

If so, then the the Garnett situation takes front and center.

Since the guy isn't stupid, I'm sure he's reached out to JL/KS and updated them on his progress.

In my heart, I hope we don't sign Norwell but land Nelson.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Rascal:

Latest reports are that he is likely to be tagged.

It is worth noting that Carolina is without a GM right now so anything coming out will not likely be authoritative until a new guy is in place.
Andrew norwell 5 years 60 millions, and draft quenton nelson
Line stanley norwell kilgore nelson brown wau very good

Kilgore's resigned.

Any suggestions??

Erik Magnuson??
Kilgore's resigned.

Any suggestions??

Ragnow. But I don't know if he fits Kyle's scheme. But the talent is there.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I don't think Kilgore is good at all, dude just gets pushed around in the run game. They really need to upgrade the interior line. But if they do re-sign Kilgore then I hope they really target Andrew Norwell.

I believe they are saying nice things so they can sign Kilgore and move him to a backup role at C and OG (given a competitive camp). If they started talking about how much they need to upgrade the position he might sign elsewhere. He is perhaps the third best OL and the smartest--knowing their scheme. So they will sign him, try to find an upgrade and then decide if they need to use a draft pick for additional depth.
Yup, you and NComman hit the nail on the head, in my opinion. I think that's exactly how they are thinking - in terms of approaching the interior line situation.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
I'm okay with resigning Kilgore. No reason to doubt Kyle. He either believes they can help Kilgore with his shortcomings, or that the future center might already on the roster and simply needs more seasoning(Erik Magnuson perhaps?).
I hope so. I like Erik's progress in last years pre-season. I also like his lateral mobility and I think he improved in pass protection too. I'd like to see Magnuson and Garnett at center in Pre-season and see how they do.
Originally posted by Javier:
Andrew norwell 5 years 60 millions, and draft quenton nelson

Lol stop...people seem to forget who are head coach is. They wont invest that much into the guard position nor should they.

People gotta have some faith that our coaching staff/FO can find talent and coach it up in their system. FWIW Norwell wasn't even drafted.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 17, 2018 at 6:23 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone