LISTEN: 49ers Schedule Release Special →

There are 141 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by scooterhd:
The OL didnt fail 19/23 times. The Chiefs blitzed over and over again and we were not able to punish them so they kept pressuring. Nobodys a deep threat. Deebo and Kittle are great players, but they are not beating man coverage quickly.

The article is fine. Puni was a great pick for us and is very versatile.

Yup. When you send more guys thsn the offense can block you will get pressure. That's the point. Gotta be able to win quickly and hit against that pressure. 9ers weren't able to.

We had a guy getting open at will. The coach deliberately funneled the offense thru the other guy.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Chris Jones has been a factor in both superbowl losses. It makes sense to deal with him in this years draft. Good chance 49ers will meet him again in Superbowl 2024 if Mahomes stays relatively healthy.

That's wat good players do. We had players that were factors as well. We just lost.

A ball bouncing the other way doesnt turn a player into a "non-factor"
Chris Jones has been a factor in both superbowl losses. It makes sense to deal with him in this years draft. Good chance 49ers will meet him again in Superbowl 2024 if Mahomes stays relatively healthy.

tell him how underpaid he is and hope he spends the big game in the luxury suite, eating wings
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mcwoot:
Originally posted by scooterhd:
The OL didnt fail 19/23 times. The Chiefs blitzed over and over again and we were not able to punish them so they kept pressuring. Nobodys a deep threat. Deebo and Kittle are great players, but they are not beating man coverage quickly.

The article is fine. Puni was a great pick for us and is very versatile.

Yup. When you send more guys thsn the offense can block you will get pressure. That's the point. Gotta be able to win quickly and hit against that pressure. 9ers weren't able to.

We had a guy getting open at will. The coach deliberately funneled the offense thru the other guy.

I would have liked the 49ers to have stuck with the run more, but it is what it is. The key is for the 49ers and the coaching staff to improve and get better. Its my hope that Kyle gets better as he coaches more in the playoffs. The coaches that have beaten him in the playoffs are 20+ years older than him had have twice or more the playoff experience he has - so while I hate losing the Superbowl, he's losing to some elite coaches that are at the hall of fame level. Kyle's already destroyed a ton of NFL coaches that are around his age in the playoffs.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

tell him how underpaid he is and hope he spends the big game in the luxury suite, eating wings

Agree, I hope he does eat more wings and get out of shape. I'd hate for the chiefs to do a three-peat, when we couldn't do it in 1990.
Question for the OL guys, what positions do Puni & Kingston project at in the NFL? I know they both played Tackle in college, but were announced as Guards.
Got the wrong Kingston...Suamataia damn it
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
Got the wrong Kingston...Suamataia damn it

There's a reason they traded back 1 spot, they weren't interested in him, they wanted Renardo Green, so they traded back 1 spot, got a 5th for a 6th.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Question for the OL guys, what positions do Puni & Kingston project at in the NFL? I know they both played Tackle in college, but were announced as Guards.

If they both can bolster the interior line and neutralize Chris Jones in this next Superbowl, I'll be happy.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

If they both can bolster the interior line and neutralize Chris Jones in this next Superbowl, I'll be happy.

yep. Brendel is athletic and move but cant withstand a bullrush from most DTs, especially not Chris Jones. Im hoping he is spending the offseason putting on more muscle, strengthening his core and squatting every hour his waking moments

i think they gonna try Puni out everywhere. They are gonna try and get their 5 best lineman starting. IMO, i think day 1 its gonna be this:
- LT: Trent Williams
- LG: Aaron Banks
- Center: Feliciano
- RG: Dominick Puni
- RT: Colton McKitvitz

Like i posted in the FA thread, i really hope 49ers are on the phone with Saints for a possible trade for Ryan Ramzyck to fill that RT spot. We would have a beastly O-line
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i think they gonna try Puni out everywhere. They are gonna try and get their 5 best lineman starting. IMO, i think day 1 its gonna be this:

Like i posted in the FA thread, i really hope 49ers are on the phone with Saints for a possible trade for Ryan Ramzyck to fill that RT spot. We would have a beastly O-line
That's the line I am hoping we start out with too. Upgrade two spots for now. .
Ramszyck may never play again. His injury isn't good
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on May 1, 2024 at 3:58 PM ]
Ramszyck may never play again. His injury isn't good

Yeah, he may never play again, he's even considered retirement, they said it draft weekend, Rapoport said he'd come back this season, but that may be it, his injury is serious, I'd pass on him, plus his contract is harsh, not in 2024, it's just $1.21M, but the next two years are $18M & $19M, no way that will fit under the 49ers salary cap, they need to keep that $18M coming to them to be carried over into 2025, so they're able to keep their core together longer.
I'm Originally posted by JustinNiner:

RT
[ Edited by luis1985 on May 2, 2024 at 12:48 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone