There are 264 users in the forums

We wont miss a step, and here's why...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Baalke has been preparing for this day to come. We already have or are set to acquire all the replacements for the guys we lost, and some of them are better than who we lost.

Frank Gore - He will be replaced with a tandem of Hyde and Hunter (if hunter can recover from the injury) I firmly believe that even if we just had Hyde, it will be a slight improvement in speed and stamina. We will lose a team leader, but whos to say Carlos cant step into that role until he has the chance to?

Justin Smith - He wasnt great by any means last year, and we have Dockett coming in to help solidify the d line.

Patrick Willis - I can confidently say that Borland is better than Pat right now. Pat was obviously better in his prime, but right now is what counts, and what Borland did last year was spectacular.

Michael Crabtree - Bringing in Torrey Smith will be a HUGE upgrade over Crabtree, who most of us are ready to let go of.

Jim Harbaugh and Staff - Jim & staff are seriously the only loss that im not confident we have replaced with equal or better talent, but i have to hold judgement until i see Tomsulas staff perform.
[ Edited by THEB on Mar 9, 2015 at 3:00 PM ]
Vic Fangio?
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Vic Fangio?

That kinda fell under Jim Harbaugh. I will edit it to say "Jim Harbaugh and Staff"
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

if you disagree, why dont you actually contribute your disagreement instead of contributing absolutely nothing.
Hope you're right man. Agree we've been preparing for these departures. Question is if the chosen replacements can get the job done. Some will work out, some won't. Borland is the only sure thing imo. Everything else is a big question mark.
Originally posted by THEB:
Baalke has been preparing for this day to come. We already have or are set to acquire all the replacements for the guys we lost, and some of them are better than who we lost.

Frank Gore - He will be replaced with a tandem of Hyde and Hunter (if hunter can recover from the injury) I firmly believe that even if we just had Hyde, it will be a slight improvement in speed and stamina. We will lose a team leader, but whos to say Carlos cant step into that role until he has the chance to?

Justin Smith - He wasnt great by any means last year, and we have Dockett coming in to help solidify the d line.

Patrick Willis - I can confidently say that Borland is better than Pat right now. Pat was obviously better in his prime, but right now is what counts, and what Borland did last year was spectacular.

Michael Crabtree - Bringing in Torrey Smith will be a HUGE upgrade over Crabtree, who most of us are ready to let go of.

Jim Harbaugh and Staff - Jim & staff are seriously the only loss that im not confident we have replaced with equal or better talent, but i have to hold judgement until i see Tomsulas staff perform.

no. Willis when healthy is incredible. Borland is solid, but small and not great in coverage.
I'm still not certain he will be better than Wilhoite.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

if you disagree, why dont you actually contribute your disagreement instead of contributing absolutely nothing.

Better?
I admire your optimism.

We're screwed.

• Antix
  • Veteran
Not missing a step would be an 8-8 season.

Yay.
8-8 last year and we just got worse. lol at this thread.
uhh. Seriously? JSmith, Gore and Willis are all HOF Caliber players, Hyde, Borland, and Tank aren't anywhere near that.

I can't believe how many think Borland is better than Willis, he isn't as athletic as Willis is.

Tank needs serious development, or else Baalke screwed that pick up big time.

Hyde is the only one I have faith in, but Hunter, lmao, two injuries in 2 seasons, Achilles, and ACL, he may never be the same again.

And then Harbaugh, uhh, I'm so sick of this crap witht he front office, firing a good/great coach, and hiring an inexperienced yes man. This is all 2003-2010 again. The fact that no one sees it, or believes it laughable. I dont care how talented the roster is, if we end up 0-5 t start what will people say? Heads better be flying fast.

Sorry If I am not optimistic right now, but I am sick of this bs of an ownership reverting to their old ways.
you dont gut the core of your team and not face a set back. even if talent level doesnt dip much or any, you have to take into account leadership and chemistry. look at the rag tag D we ended last year with, you're only an injury or two from seeing these guys as starters. its incredibly naive to think we wont miss a beat. i wont begrudge the overly homer angle on this, i wish i could feel the same way. i hope it works out, but you have to highly skeptical to expect them back next year in the mix again.
our OC is named Jeep
everyone hates our DC
Craig Dahl is still on the team and probably will be made captain for being the longest tenured 49er
Share 49ersWebzone