Originally posted by znk916:
Harbs should not be allowed anywhere near any of Walsh's branches

that scrub belongs directly under Schembechler's no title tree

Yeah I would have to agree with you. Having a couple sit downs with Walsh does not count.

As far as trees go, it's hard to put him anywhere because he didn't have much NFL experience. If you consider player experience he would fall under the Ditka & Lindy Infante tree because he had the most years with the Bears & Indy at QB. Someone mentioned Harbs used Infante's 0-9 digits system which was from Sid Gilman (I really like this approach esp. for sandlot and rec ball, but it is very basic..) Harbaugh had more exposure to the vertical passing game under Al Davis's Raiders than the WCO.

Also Harbs doesn't really fall under Gruden. He was under Callahan. It seems Al Davis traded Gruden away because Gruden was too much of a WCO guy and used the horizontal pass game and Davis always stressed the vertical passing game. Davis traded Gruden to the Bucs and chose Callahan to do his bidding and everyone knows the rest of the story... they both ended up in the Superbowl.

It was Gruden/Walsh WCO vs Al Davis/Sid Gilman/Callahan's vertical game.... and the Gruden/Walsh WCO crushed Al Davis in Superbowl XXXVII

Yeah this is a very simplistic perspective.. but there were even subplots... Tim Brown called Callahan out for throwing the game and suggested Callahan was closer to Gruden than Davis...... Jerry Rice seemed to lend some credence to Brown's assertions..... In the end it was most probably because Gruden just knew the Raiders so well he knew how to shut them down.... I mean he built up the team.

Also interesting to note that Callahan may be making play calls with the Cowboys, not Jason Garrett, under Jerry Jones's tiered coaching structure... the Cowboys have been doing well and Callahan does have strong WCO influence.