There are 222 users in the forums

A Theory about the Harbaalke feud

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
I tell you this is mirroring the Golden State warriors firing mark jackson last year. The fans, players, everyone was up in arms. Then they bring in Kerr and everyone has seemed to forget about mark jackson.

There isn't a "Kerr" out there.

Young, creative coach with new ideas, but less than expansive experience? None of those? Okay.

Nope. None of those. Basketball and football are apples and oranges. I get what you are saying though.
u guys were totally fine with harbaugh the last 3 years that he had us going deep into the playoffs. u dont think the management openly trying to trade him before the season and second guessing him every step of the way, 15 players on IR, the off the field b******t in the offseason and all the suspensions had anything to do with this season? those are really the only things that changed this year, tell me again how that stuff is Harbaugh's fault? call me a homer if you want but I think you are all wrong about this situation being harbaughs fault. he took singletary's exact roster and turned them into winners when singletary could barely squeeze out half a dozen wins with them and turned Alex Smith into a winner when everyone else gave up on him.
Originally posted by midrdan:
I tell you this is mirroring the Golden State warriors firing mark jackson last year. The fans, players, everyone was up in arms. Then they bring in Kerr and everyone has seemed to forget about mark jackson.

There isn't a "Kerr" out there.

You couldn't be more wrong. Look at every coach in the NFL and find me one who didn't grind his way to the HC position. Sometimes it took a couple tries as a HC sometimes they got lucky and hit it right first time as HC but to say there isn't a future star HC or 2 or 3 out there who is going to come and win a SB is ridiculous
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
u guys were totally fine with harbaugh the last 3 years that he had us going deep into the playoffs. u dont think the management openly trying to trade him before the season and second guessing him every step of the way, 15 players on IR, the off the field b******t in the offseason and all the suspensions had anything to do with this season? those are really the only things that changed this year, tell me again how that stuff is Harbaugh's fault? call me a homer if you want but I think you are all wrong about this situation being harbaughs fault. he took singletary's exact roster and turned them into winners when singletary could barely squeeze out half a dozen wins with them and turned Alex Smith into a winner when everyone else gave up on him.

He turned Singletary's roster into contenders not winners and if you think about it his offense had so much trouble in that NFCCG it was a prelude of things to come. KW did not lose that game. The offense had NUMEROUS opportunities to win that game

Here's basically what it comes down to. The offense under Harbaugh has been a huge liability since 2012 (2011 was a surprise season to damn near everyone). If you don't see that, you're blind. Every time the offense has been put into a pressure situation with the game on the line, we've screwed it up (usually by forcing something to Crabtree).

I have a damn good feeling that this was brought up to Jim in the off season, probably having something to do with Roman and Jim didn't agree with it (we know how loyal he is to his coaches and players).

edit

Expanding on what I posted above. I'm going to take a guess and and say that there's a disconnect in offensive philosophies between the front office and Harbaugh. Jim's offense is based on what he ran in Michigan back in his playing days with Schembechlerr (who was a damn good football coach). However, in football today, you need speed. Today's defense's aren't anywhere close to the defense's that Schembechler faced. They're bigger, faster and they hit a hell of a lot harder. You need to be faster on offense to counteract that. Speed is the one thing we don't have on offense. Our WR's are slow and we're not really fast at the RB position.
[ Edited by linkboy on Dec 20, 2014 at 11:23 PM ]
thank you gladiator but i hope youre wrong. canning harbaugh is the dumbest thing this "organization" can possibly do.

Mark Jackson? Who never coached a day in his life. He was more like Sing and JH IS LIKE KERR.
Originally posted by linkboy:

Here's basically what it comes down to. The offense under Harbaugh has been a huge liability since 2012 (2011 was a surprise season to damn near everyone). If you don't see that, you're blind. Every time the offense has been put into a pressure situation with the game on the line, we've screwed it up (usually by forcing something to Crabtree).

I have a damn good feeling that this was brought up to Jim in the off season, probably having something to do with Roman and Jim didn't agree with it (we know how loyal he is to his coaches and players).

edit

Expanding on what I posted above. I'm going to take a guess and and say that there's a disconnect in offensive philosophies between the front office and Harbaugh. Jim's offense is based on what he ran in Michigan back in his playing days with Schembechlerr (who was a damn good football coach). However, in football today, you need speed. Today's defense's aren't anywhere close to the defense's that Schembechler faced. They're bigger, faster and they hit a hell of a lot harder. You need to be faster on offense to counteract that. Speed is the one thing we don't have on offense. Our WR's are slow and we're not really fast at the RB position.

I agree with this statement,it is a fact,I notice that here was never a Killer instinct sinc eHarbaugh took over the team,I remember in 2012 there was a game against the Cards and they were interviewing the DC of the Cards and He made a statement about how he was not impressed by all the motion and jumbo packages that roman was running and He said something alone the lines of"I`m not fooled by all the damn cute motions that the Niners were running and that they were nothing more then Smoke-screens of a running play.....and He was right ....the offense has done JUST enough to put the defense in position to win the games for us...Well Harbaugh will be gone and the Niners can really open the offense up with a killer-instinct moving forward.
I think you got it backward. Harbaugh couldn't get a serviceable backup QB in the offseason and it scared him. He tried to make kap a pocket passer. Not the front office.
All this game is doing is making it look like jed is making the right decision.

LOL. No it's not making it look like he is making the right decision. He went to 3 NFC Championship games, 1 Super Bowl and had 1 down year with lots of injuries and suspensions. People are lining up to pay him over $8 million a year. We are trying to run him out of town. WRONG DECISION.

University of San Diego = winner.
Standford = winner.
49ers = winner.

He has been a winner everywhere he has been. Yorks will be on what their 6th coach. I'm sure they know what they are doing (NOT).....
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 20, 2014 at 11:50 PM ]
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
My theory is that the FO probably told HaRoman to turn Kap into a pocket passer this year. HaRoman said we don't know how to do that but Jed and Baalke insisted. HaRoman pissed at doing something they knew we wouldn't do well with got disgruntled and stuck with it until we were out of the playoffs to prove a point. The FO wants McDaniels or someone they believe can turn us into a high power passing offense because that's what they want since it gets ratings. The game against San Diego is Harbaugh saying told you so to Baalke and York by showing what we would have accomplished if we stuck with Harbaugh's offensive philosophy instead of trying to change our personnel to be something they are not.
Anyone else think this is what happened this season?

no thats very far fetched im sorry, horrible theory
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL. No it's not making it look like he is making the right decision. He went to 3 NFC Championship games, 1 Super Bowl and had 1 down year with lots of injuries and suspensions. People are lining up to pay him over $8 million a year. We are trying to run him out of town. WRONG DECISION.

Standford = winner.
49ers = winner.

He has been a winner everywhere he has been. Yorks will be on what their 6th coach. I'm sure they know what they are doing (NOT).....

what has harbaugh actually won here? what about this year?
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Dec 21, 2014 at 12:44 AM ]

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

He almost won an NFC championship in 2011.

He almost won a Super Bowl in 2012

He almost won an NFC championship in 2013.

He's the best coach at almost winning

Standford = winner.
49ers = winner.

This. Yes, the offense needs to be addressed in the offseason, but this squad was loaded with talent when Harbaugh took over and was consistently underachieving. The team was loaded with talent because of Scotty, Not Baalke, so choosing him over Harbaugh is doubling down on stupidity. Our talent is slowly being depleated under Baalke and hiring another Erickson or Singletary will send us straight back to the cellar. Meanwhile, Baalke will continue drafting players that can't play.
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

He almost won an NFC championship in 2011.

He almost won a Super Bowl in 2012

He almost won an NFC championship in 2013.

He's the best coach at almost winning

43-19-1

And I give him more credit for all those wins than I do the coaches that have the luxury of doing it with Peyton Manning, Brady, Brees, or Rodgers.
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:

Standford = winner.
49ers = winner.

This. Yes, the offense needs to be addressed in the offseason, but this squad was loaded with talent when Harbaugh took over and was consistently underachieving. The team was loaded with talent because of Scotty, Not Baalke, so choosing him over Harbaugh is doubling down on stupidity. Our talent is slowly being depleated under Baalke and hiring another Erickson or Singletary will send us straight back to the cellar. Meanwhile, Baalke will continue drafting players that can't play.

Depleted?!!! Sorry I am not going to continue to argue with you across threads, but to claim our roster has been depleted under Baalke is downright wrong. Calling you out on this.
Guys it's not some huge quantam theory on what went wrong this season. Our issues are simple;

A. We didn't have a back up for Kap that we could trust. So we couldn't risk letting him run during the season. But last night he proved hands down he is the baddest man in the land when he can run free. He still needs to work on his touch passes and hitting checkdowns but Kap is a stud.

B. INJURIES no way you have a winning season with so many of your top guys out. It messes with lockeroom chemistry, the way we practice and so many other things. I mean come on we have Leon McFadden and Marcus Cromartie out there!

C. Pressure of winning is off... this team needed this season. Now the expectations are reset, and as you can see tonight this team plays better when the pressure is off. Had we stayed halfway healthy we would have beat the Chargers by 35. Next season should be much better.

D. We need to end the drama and pay Jim. If we beat Arizona Jed needs to throw a truckload of money at Jim and tell he and Baalke to make it work. If Eddie D and Bill can make it work so can these two. Lets have a strong off season, and come back next season and dominate.
Share 49ersWebzone