There are 228 users in the forums

Losing the last 2 games of the year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I'd love to lose to the Cards IF it kept Seahawks out of the playoffs.

You want ARI hosting the first ever home Super Bowl game? Na. I rather it be us next season. Even if SEA wins 5>2

Better yet SEATTLE goes to SB and gets crushed!
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by Elrossoneri:
I want to put on the field the young guns. Carradine Dial Johnson Patton Ellington Hyde etc. Just to see what we have with those players. If that's 2 more lose I will be ok...

Yeah, I'm w/you on that.

The more real game experience they get the better they'll be as players and we can see what we have going into the draft.
Yep i do not believe in tanking, but i do believe in taking advantage of your situation. And this is one of them, evry 1st and 2nd year player should be getting significant playing time.

This. Quinton Patton and Bruce Ellington should see a TON of time at receiver.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
If you are on Team Tank, you can gtfo.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for xtm059.
Originally posted by CMIO:
I never favor losing, but the only thing that worries me is IF we blow out the Chargers and Cardinals, team management starts thinking "hey, we may be on to something here".

I DO NOT want the continuation of the same next year. We need a new OC, and if winning out means Jed starts thinking twice about keeping Roman, then Id rather we get beat down the next 2 weeks. That'll seal his fate.

underrated post

+1
I'd prefer a tank, but I'll just think of it as in if we win the next two, Harbaugh stays. That's my logic.

EDIT: Now if Roman stays, holy s**t
[ Edited by JerryRice1848 on Dec 20, 2014 at 4:38 PM ]
Win/win. I was actively rooting for us like we were still in the playoff hunt. That'll never change. But I'll gladly take the help in next years draft with this loss and possibly the next.
Boy...we almost won that one. Putting in Dahl and Cromartie was the key to us losing.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
When need a good draft pick, I don't mind losing the last two games.
Originally posted by mayo49:

If the Cards lose tonight, that won't be an issue, they'll come out fired up next week. Now if they win...well, it will be backups vs backups, the 49ers might even have a chance.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:

If the Cards lose tonight, that won't be an issue, they'll come out fired up next week. Now if they win...well, it will be backups vs backups, the 49ers might even have a chance.

If you assume the 7-7 teams win one we are looking at pick 11, if not then somewhere around 14-16 depending on tiebreakers I am not totally familiar with.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Boy...we almost won that one. Putting in Dahl and Cromartie was the key to us losing.

Agree - hard not to.

ADD to that our 2nd half offensive performance.

Kap's score was improvisation.

2nd half offense all season = Epic Fail!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Agree - hard not to.

ADD to that our 2nd half offensive performance.

Kap's score was improvisation.

2nd half offense all season = Epic Fail!
lost five halftime leads.. who could believe it
If we implement yesterday's second half offensive performance then it's a foregone conclusion we will lose next week.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
We are not trying to tank, in fact we are trying our damn hardest to win but we still tank, that is how scary fxxked up we are right now. LOL.

Why not use McCray? We have known since we signed him that Craig Dahl is il useless in coverage...how pathetic was that pass coverage...geez
Share 49ersWebzone