There are 196 users in the forums

Who would be a better fit?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would be a better fit?

Adam Gase
I voted for..Lock this bish up
I don't like McDaniels as a HC prospect.

The guy's no leader:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/josh-mcdaniels-feud-history-jay-cutler-brandon-marshall-todd-haley/

Although Bill Belichick firmly denied this report, McDaniels is a legend when it comes to feuding with others, as evidenced by his brief stint as Broncos head coach. In two short years, he managed to infuriate Pro Bowlers, scrubs, opposing head coaches, his own defensive coordinator, and seemingly everyone in between, until he was fired during the 2010 season for creating a toxic workplace and an even worse football team. Let's run through the grisly highlights.

(And I here I choose just the headers from the article)

Josh McDaniels vs. Jay Cutler

Josh McDaniels vs. Brandon Marshall

Josh McDaniels vs. the FCC

Josh McDaniels vs. Peyton Hillis

Josh McDaniels vs. Tony Scheffler

Josh McDaniels vs. Shaun Phillips

Josh McDaniels vs. Mike Nolan

Josh McDaniels vs. Todd Haley

"There's a lot of s**t being talked about you" should go on McDaniels's tombstone, as it effectively sums up the last six years of his career. When Todd freaking Haley thinks you're a jerk, well, he's probably right. Dobson may be the latest member of this ever-growing list, but he certainly won't be the last.

Jim may have his faults but he is a leader of men for the ages. McDaniels cannot hold a candle to him. That's one hell of a dropoff.
Josh McD will piss off just as many if not more people than Harbaugh

no thank you
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
The guy (MickeyD) forced Denver management to move up and give up some draft choices in order to draft Tebow in the 1st round when he coulda stayed at the #28 spot..
They would both be terrible fits -- I think they would suck as head coaches..
Originally posted by 310ninerfan:
The last time the Niners brought in a DC to be the head coach he hired McCarthy for OC who left after 1 season.Then he hired Turner who also left after1 season. Both were great hires for OC but there was revolving door at the position leaving the Niners spiraling out of control on offense. Tomsula would be great HC but an offensive minded coach would be better.Pep Hamilton would be my vote.

This, although I haven't decided if I like Hamilton or K. Shanahan better.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
The last time the Niners brought in a DC to be the head coach he hired McCarthy for OC who left after 1 season.Then he hired Turner who also left after1 season. Both were great hires for OC but there was revolving door at the position leaving the Niners spiraling out of control on offense. Tomsula would be great HC but an offensive minded coach would be better.Pep Hamilton would be my vote.

adam gase
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

adam gase

did you guys know Gase coached for us before? lol
Originally posted by verb1der:

adam gase

yeah so did pep

adam gase

yeah so did pep

pics or it didnt happen

adam gase to the right, mike martz protege....nooooo thanks!
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by 9moon:
Yo Fro!!!

That Will Smith attachment is funny bro, can you also add that under this Hamilton guy???

I would rather hire Rick Neuheisel anytime over Hamilton..

Sure thing. Hell, I'll do it for Rick N and Hamilton.

adam gase

yeah so did pep

The issue I have with Gase, is how much of his offense is the result of having Manning and how much control does Manning have over the offense. The reason Hamilton is a better choice because of his track record. Every QB he has coach have improve there play under his guidance , from Pennington 04, Smith 06, Orton 08, Cutler 09. Plus his work with Luck from his days in Standford and now with the Colts. He may also be able to bring in Rob Chudzinski as OC, who is also a great offensive minded coach.
Originally posted by kidash98:
Adam Gase

Finally someone hits the nail on the head.
Share 49ersWebzone