There are 284 users in the forums

What kind of Coaching Staff changes would you like to see?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't want Fangio as a head coach. He's doing a great job as a DC. I don't see him as a head coach, not sure why people are so insistent on this or why anyone thinks that Tomsula can be a DC.

I think if Fangio was meant to be a head coach, that would have happened already. He's a very good DC and that is where he belongs IMO. Tomsula is a great DL coach, much like Singletary was a great LB coach, I wouldn't want either as a coordinator.

Ideally I'd like to see Roman gone, Morton gone, Mangini gone and Solari gone. I'd like to see them replaced by some younger, up and coming coaches.

I don't want to see Harbaugh leave, I think as a head coach he does a great job in holding the team together, there's a certain personality and traits that you need as a head coach, Harbaugh clearly has the ability to inspire his players, he just needs to let go of the reins on offense a little, pick a good quality OC and let them have some autonomy in their playcalling.

If Harbaugh does go, I want to see a very offensive minded, aggressive head coaching candidate brought in. Adam Gase from the Broncos would be one of my first choices. Smart, young, up-and-coming coach with a brilliant offensive mind.

Pep Hamilton would be another. The advantage with Hamilton is that the approaches are a lot similar but you get someone that has a bit of a more aggressive mindset and isn't nearly as wired up all the time as Harbaugh is.

I'm not a fan of retreads, but Hue Jackson is an interesting coaching prospect who never got a fair shot in Oakland, one and done for him. His players with the Raiders really seemed to like playing for the guy and have had nothing but praise for him.

Good take

Adam Gase & Pep would be excellent. I really like an attack all the time mentality.

If JH/Roman get the boot - which I really don't think will happen until the season is over, I'm totally opposed to giving someone on the team the HC job and then taking it away from them. Totally demoralizing.

I think Norv would be a solid OC and would really help Kap.

I also don't want ay retreads - Denny Green, Charlie Weise, Cranell, and the other clones who keep hanging on.
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Nov 28, 2014 at 8:39 PM ]
IT'S NOT THE F**********************ING COACHES.

Kaep made it all very very clear the other night. He put the problem right on you friggin plate!
Originally posted by tondiman:
IT'S NOT THE F**********************ING COACHES.

Kaep made it all very very clear the other night. He put the problem right on you friggin plate!

Oh please!
Are you out of your mind?
All Kap did wrong was miss open receivers and throw to a wide open Sherman......
eh never mind ... you're right
but Roman needs to go
Is ballkes daughter hot? her opinion will be more valuable if she is.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Ideally, I'd like to keep Harbaugh, but the play calling hasn't been up to snuff. I don't think anyone can really know if that's on Roman or Harbaugh since they agree on every play.

I think that we do not know what is on Roman and what is on Harbaugh, but I have a sneaking suspicion that some people inside the organization, Baalke for example, do know what is on Roman and what is on Harbaugh.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by outside4949:

she's like 15
If we change HC, I want somebody with a very good Offensive background to be the new HC.

If we end up with a Defensive guru as HC and then hire a young and rising OC, there are 2 possibilities - Success or failure.

If he fails, we're in the same boat.

If he succeeds, he'll be hired away as HC someplace else and we're starting over.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I think our best option is to promote Vic Fangio to HC and Tomsula to DC. Then go find a top flight OC.

Ideally, I'd like to keep Harbaugh, but the play calling hasn't been up to snuff. I don't think anyone can really know if that's on Roman or Harbaugh since they agree on every play. It didn't seem that bad with Alex at the helm, but it's pretty obvious offensively our coaches doesn't know what to do with Kap. Since we don't have anyone better than Kap at QB, it seems that is the simplest solution.

So here's the question. What would you like to see for our 2015 coaching staff?

I don't want Fangio as a head coach. He's doing a great job as a DC. I don't see him as a head coach, not sure why people are so insistent on this or why anyone thinks that Tomsula can be a DC.

I think if Fangio was meant to be a head coach, that would have happened already. He's a very good DC and that is where he belongs IMO. Tomsula is a great DL coach, much like Singletary was a great LB coach, I wouldn't want either as a coordinator.

Ideally I'd like to see Roman gone, Morton gone, Mangini gone and Solari gone. I'd like to see them replaced by some younger, up and coming coaches.

I don't want to see Harbaugh leave, I think as a head coach he does a great job in holding the team together, there's a certain personality and traits that you need as a head coach, Harbaugh clearly has the ability to inspire his players, he just needs to let go of the reins on offense a little, pick a good quality OC and let them have some autonomy in their playcalling.

If Harbaugh does go, I want to see a very offensive minded, aggressive head coaching candidate brought in. Adam Gase from the Broncos would be one of my first choices. Smart, young, up-and-coming coach with a brilliant offensive mind.

Pep Hamilton would be another. The advantage with Hamilton is that the approaches are a lot similar but you get someone that has a bit of a more aggressive mindset and isn't nearly as wired up all the time as Harbaugh is.

I'm not a fan of retreads, but Hue Jackson is an interesting coaching prospect who never got a fair shot in Oakland, one and done for him. His players with the Raiders really seemed to like playing for the guy and have had nothing but praise for him.

This is nearly exactly how I feel. I prefer to keep Harbaugh, but if he digs in and refuses to let Roman go then I would want one of the two young guys you mentioned. The only retread I would be ok with would be Jackson and I feel like you do. I remember the players being upset to angry when he was fired and it seemed to me he was fired for the sake of rather than for his own failings.

I personally feel Harbs is unlikely to be the Niners HC in 15. I think he will take the flub by Baalkes daughter as a sign of disrespect to one of his guys and it will make him dig in all that much harder. The Niners won't have a choice, lets pray Gase wants to work with a Kap like QB.
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
Lol at promoting Tomsula to DC.

SMFH

Tomsula is under strong consideration to be HC, not just DC. Laugh all you want but his football knowledge is outstanding and he is loved by both the players and the front office...the guy who said Harbaugh inspires the players is living in fantasyland. He is an immature kid who was raised by a college football coach and never grew up. His act has worn thin with the front office and some of the players. I'm sure everyone remembers how great CK7 looked when he played against the Bears, then the Packer. He was sensational and free-wheeling. A couple of years under Roman and Harbaugh and he has lost confidence and become robotic in his movements. He is no longer a threat to take off and run because they want him in the pocket. It's like having a new Lamborghini and putting a governor on it. Ridiculous. That is why they'll both be gone. CK7 represents a huge investment for the front office that has been totally mismanaged. I'd fire the bums, too.
[ Edited by kezarvet49 on Nov 29, 2014 at 7:08 AM ]
  • CMIO
If Harbs goes, his entire coaching staff goes with him.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
she's like 15

I thought she was in college. oops
[ Edited by outside4949 on Nov 29, 2014 at 7:15 AM ]
Moving Fangio to HC would be a bad move. Why move a proven commodity (and a good DC at that!) to another position where they don't have any experience?

Coordinators need to be good at X's and O's. Vangio is excellent at it!

Head Coaches need to be good at stroking egos and maintaining a balance in the locker room and the front office. Instructions flow from the head coach thru the positional coaches then to the players. They usually let the position coaches coach the team. We don't know if Fangio even has any rapport with the front office to make it work as a HC.
Interview process:

York should ask these questions of potential coaching replacements:

1. Why can't OL pass block as well as average OLs?
2. Would you insist on making CK a pocket passer?
3. Why are the receivers who got lots of yards in the past, never open now?
4. WTF is up with V. Davis? Any tight end for that matter.
5. Do you think you could win half of your red flags throws?
6. Are you wedded to a system and make players try to fit in, or do you have systems that can tailored to the actual talent?
7. Can we give up some of your salary for bonuses so the defensive coaches stay?
8. Can you present yourself in a mature manner and represent the organization well in press conferences?
9. Would you be willing to insist that CK also does this, and to drop those #$%@ headphones when on the clock?
10. Finally, show me films of your sideline demeanor.

A coach who cannot answer these questions should not coach here.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Harbaugh Roman. .both bozo's have got to go..they have ran there course here
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by outside4949:

she's like 15

She's a sophomore in college...
Share 49ersWebzone