LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 266 users in the forums

WEEK 16 Pointspread / 9ers by 3 over SD!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
49ers and 49er fans should be rooting FIRST for 49er wins and 2nd for Cards to win the division and Detroit,Seattle,Green Bay,Philly and Dallas to start choking and start Losing. Lets face it, there are 6 games left and 49ers are 3.5 games back because I add a 1/2 because of the earlier season loss. Arizona is Not losing 5 of 6 or 4 of 6. And Seattle is having a down season but can still be very tough if they figure things out and Philly and Dallas will battle twice and my biggest fear is Detroit because they have a slightly easier schedule outside of the New England & Packer game.
[ Edited by ElephantHaley on Nov 19, 2014 at 9:35 PM ]
Just win out, it's possible
Originally posted by Janitor:
There are very few scenarios where we'd be anything other than a WC team. AZ would have to lose several games, and we would have to win out. We have a much better chance if AZ keeps winning (includes games against SEA). It'd also be best for us if the Cowboys keep winning and knock the Eagles out. That gives us a spot, as long as we hold up our end. If the Cowboys beat the eagles twice it helps us out a ton.

Or if the cowboys start losing as well?

I think wildcard will be detroit and niners.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
49ers and 49er fans should be rooting FIRST for 49er wins and 2nd for Cards to win the division and Detroit,Seattle,Green Bay,Philly and Dallas to start choking and start Losing. Lets face it, there are 6 games left and 49ers are 3.5 games back because I add a 1/2 because of the earlier season loss. Arizona is Not losing 5 of 6 or 4 of 6. And Seattle is having a down season but can still be very tough if they figure things out and Philly and Dallas will battle twice and my biggest fear is Detroit because they have a slightly easier schedule outside of the New England & Packer game.

That's the easy way to get in the Playoffs.

There's no way in hell I'm rooting for the Cardinals to win the division, though, when there's still a reasonable doubt that we can win the division. Yes, at the moment, we are technically 3.5 games out of first plays, but we still play the Cards to take away the .5 games. So, as it stands, all things considered, we're 3 games behind them. The Cardinals still have quite a few tough games remaining. They've got the Seahawks twice, us once, the suddenly pesky Rams and a Chiefs team you cannot count out. Is it unreasonable to think they could drop three of those games? No way. It's highly unlikely, but possible.

If we take care of business and win out, harder said than done, we could still win the division. If the Seahawks beat the Cardinals this week and we take care of the Seahawks as we should, why wouldn't we want the Cardinals to win? If we miss the Playoffs, it'll be because WE didn't win the games we needed to, not because the Cardinals couldn't beat the Seahawks.

And, as I said, Arizona only needs to lose 3 of 6. They play four playoff teams and one pesky team, the only "automatic" win for them is verse Atlanta. I highly doubt the NFC East will send two to the Playoffs even though all the pundits believe both the Niners and Seahawks will miss the Playoffs. If the 49ers win four of six, I'm a little more confident we'll be in because of the tie-breaker we hold over both Dallas and Philly. I'm thinking Dallas sweeps Philly though... we'll have to wait and see though.
NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL
The Pats: 31-3 since 2010 in the 2nd half of the season, 7 games better than the next closest team (49ers, 23-10-1)

This is why we're not missing the playoffs. It'll be 29-10-1 in January, book it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Just think if Kap doesn't lose the fumble on the goal line we wouldn't have be sweating all of this s**t.
Not the only game altering miscue, but the most spectacular.
Our Joe Pisarcik. We all have our moments we need to live down.

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
This is not a Kap thread, so cut it out.

I didn't bring it up. Don't look at me.

It's true that we could miss the playoffs by one loss. And that was the most spectacular game losing play that we will have all season.

I hope.

SOme people have said there were mitigating circumstances around it. Maybe they could post some clips?

• mayo49
  • Veteran

• buck
  • Veteran
In today's games, it would be good for:

1. the 49ers to beat the Redskins

2. thee Giants to beat the Cowboys

3.. the Vikings to beat the Packers

4.. the Patriots to beat the Lions

5. the Cardinals to beat the Seahawks

6. the Titans to beat the Eagles

7. the Ravens to beat the Saints

8. the Buccaneers to beat the Bears

9. the Chargers to beat the Rams
[ Edited by buck on Nov 23, 2014 at 7:22 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
In today's games, it would be good for:

1. the 49ers to beat the Redskins

2. thee Giants to beat the Cowboys

3.. the Vikings to beat the Packers

4.. the Patriots to beat the Lions

5. the Cardinals to beat the Seahawks

6. the Titans to beat the Eagles

7. the Ravens to beat the Saints

8. the Buccaneers to beat the Bears

9. the Chargers to beat the Rams

I agree 100%. I don't know why all these 49er fans want Seattle to beat AZ? The AZ Tards most likely are not gonna tank 4 out of 6 games meanwhile 49ers need to win first and need losses by Seattle, Philly, Cowgirls and Detroit and the Packers. 49ers best chance is a Wild Card at 12-4 or 11-5. Anything less then 11-5 and its pretty much Draft Preview time.
Originally posted by LenCat:
If the season ended today the seeding would be as follows:
Division winners
1 Ariz
2 Det
3 Philly
4 Falcons
Wild card
5 Pack
6 Cowgirls
out of the playoffs:
7 9ers
8 Hawks

I would not expect to catch the Cards and no wild card team will come out of the south so our best shot is to win out and hope the 5 seeds above us falter.

Early line for next week:
11/23 1:00 ET At Philadelphia -11 Tennessee
11/23 1:00 ET At New England -6 Detroit
11/23 1:00 ET Green Bay -9.5 At Minnesota
11/23 4:05 ET At Seattle -6.5 Arizona
11/23 4:25 ET At San Francisco -8 Washington
11/23 8:30 ET Dallas -3.5 At NY Giants

If all favorites win GB would be the 2 seed and we would be the 6 seed over Det by virtue of better conference record. and If the Gmen can knock off the Cowgirls we could leapfrog them as well

One week later:
11/23 1:00 ET At Philadelphia -11.5 Tennessee
11/23 1:00 ET At New England -7 Detroit
11/23 1:00 ET Green Bay -8 At Minnesota
11/23 4:05 ET At Seattle -7 Arizona
11/23 4:25 ET At San Francisco -9.5 Washington
11/23 8:30 ET Dallas -4.5 At NY Giants

Looks like peopl are betting the 9ers to win big. Hopefully that will be the case and the can fine tune their shortcomings and build some confidence for BIG playoff run down the stretch. Betting stayed even on Dal/NY but surprisingly (to me anyways) the Chawks spread went UP. I woulda thought peeps be bettin the birds to at least keep it close. I think they'll cover the 7 and maybe win outright.
Looks like the Loins are going to lose. Thats some good news so far today
Share 49ersWebzone