There are 187 users in the forums

Fail Mary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't think that was a flop. When you're running full speed, it is easy to get veered off from a guy who's 6'6". Also, I don't think the arm flailing was a flop more than it was a hopeless attempt at trying to get a jump/swat of any possible ball within the vicinity.
great gifs right there that justify the call. i thought Cox ( & still do to some degree) flopped but it was a legit call especially how the rule is written in the books.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I don't think it's a flop or acting at all either. DBs in the NFL don't play to draw fouls, the WRs (and TEs do). Especially not in that situation...
The funniest thing was jimmy graham inadvertently admitted he pushed off. Paraphrasing, but he said something to the effect that the reason he stopped playing basketball was he was getting penalized all the time for pushing and contact. This is footballs fault for being soft. Because this is football he can push people down with both hands and its not his fault. He would have caught that ball without the pushoff but he is an idiot and cost his team the game.
Originally posted by Constantine:
I didnt know breeze was like that

Did you not see him during the game after he got sacked, waving his arms like an idiot, glaring at the referee.......dude's a grade A douchebag.

Did you not see him during the game after he got sacked, waving his arms like an idiot, glaring at the referee.......dude's a grade A douchebag.
People are calling it a flop but they dont realize he hurt his leg on the play. Possible the hard fall and arm flails were just a natural reaction after the push to make sure no pressure lands on that foot
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Cox dramatized it, but it was the right call. Not always called, but considering the magnitude of the play the refs had to call it. Every person on TV has said it was the right call. The Saints need to STFU after getting a game gift wrapped to them last year. And why do we have to travel to play in that s**tty dome every f**king year?

However, this call came against the Saints... you know, the MASTERS of working the officials.

Think about it like this - Thieves believe EVERYONE steals. Saints are ticked because they believe a team did to them what they do to other teams... and they know that it's wrong.

Getting SOOOOOOO sick of Brees and his "WTF, Ref?" complaints EVERYtime he gets hit. Lost a lot of respect for him last year with his postgame comments, now I wouldn't piss up his ass if his guts were burning.

I know, right?!

They asked Brees about the play last year and he said "well, I haven't thought about since then", like he was annoyed it had to be asked.

It cost us the f***** season, you f****. I hope the Saints get crushed from here on out, I hate that team.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Upon re-watching the game, his reaction to getting hit by Reid on a blitz stood out. He gave the "come on!" expression to the ref... on a clean hit by Reid. I've definitely lost a ton of respect for him with the way he asks for flags when a defender breathes on him.

Couldn't agree more about the douchery of Drew Brees. The only QB I despise more is Peyton for snubbing the Niners & passing up multiple Super Bowls in SF for better stats & not sharing a conference with his little brother.

Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

Upon re-watching the game, his reaction to getting hit by Reid on a blitz stood out. He gave the "come on!" expression to the ref... on a clean hit by Reid. I've definitely lost a ton of respect for him with the way he asks for flags when a defender breathes on him.

You know what? I can't blame a guy for playing the refs. The refs are a part of the game, and they help determine if you win or lose, so if playing them helps your team win, you are a better player.

The Ravens and Seahawks were masters at playing the refs during their Super Bowl wins. If you can't beat them, learn from them. That is what Cox did on that play. He was pushed, but he made sure the refs saw it.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Cox dramatized it, but it was the right call. Not always called, but considering the magnitude of the play the refs had to call it. Every person on TV has said it was the right call. The Saints need to STFU after getting a game gift wrapped to them last year. And why do we have to travel to play in that s**tty dome every f**king year?

However, this call came against the Saints... you know, the MASTERS of working the officials.

Think about it like this - Thieves believe EVERYONE steals. Saints are ticked because they believe a team did to them what they do to other teams... and they know that it's wrong.

Getting SOOOOOOO sick of Brees and his "WTF, Ref?" complaints EVERYtime he gets hit. Lost a lot of respect for him last year with his postgame comments, now I wouldn't piss up his ass if his guts were burning.

Yeah in this game he got hit hard and raised his hands asking for a flag while he was on the ground. It was a textbook hit.

In his pre game speech h e said we don't respect them. Then he said they need to hit us in the mouth...

Haha
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Brees is a very smug dude.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Brees is a very smug dude.

idk why

it's like, shut up man, trent dilfer has a ring too

Lost a lot of respect for him last year with his postgame comments, now I wouldn't piss up his ass if his guts were burning.

If thats what youre into...
Share 49ersWebzone