LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 231 users in the forums

Brent Jones

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
All I hear is him bashing Kap's work ethic. I don't think his work ethic is the problem. It's his ghetto attitude of thinking he's the center of the universe when the team doesn't win.

I agree that Kap isn't a leader. He's too immature to be a leader.

ghetto attitude? he's from the suburbs
Brent comes off sounding like an idiot. He sounds like the fans who think Kap isn't working hard.
  • Jiks
My all time favorite niner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wanna talk about a guy putting it all on the line, he is the prime example.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Nov 4, 2014 at 12:00 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
In short, the entire team is in disarray.

Honorable mentions go to Harbaugh (especially in regard to his playcalling), O-line and mostly Kap (not necessarily just pertaining to this game but question marks about him as a QB as a whole including his lack of leadership quality).
'Make a decent throw...Stop complaining about the play call'

Originally posted by Rascal:
In short, the entire team is in disarray.

Honorable mentions go to Harbaugh (especially in regard to his playcalling), O-line and mostly Kap (not necessarily just pertaining to this game but question marks about him as a QB as a whole including his lack of leadership quality).

What do you mean "lack of leadership quality", can you elaborate more on that?
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Who's complaining about the play call, Kaep!?
Originally posted by verb1der:

You might want to listen to Brent. Or maybe you are afraid to hear it Pretty much calling out the whole team and Kaep...yes Kaep.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 4, 2014 at 12:04 PM ]

You might want to listen to Brent. Or maybe you are afraid to hear it

I can't my work blocks the audio stream

I don't see Kaep is someone who would complain about playcalling.
He didn't exactly say that in the context of calling out Kaep. He was enumerating the problems of the whole team of which the quarterback position is an integral part. When former Niner greats start criticizing this team, i.e Jones and Young, then there's a problem.

You might want to listen to Brent. Or maybe you are afraid to hear it

I can't my work blocks the audio stream

I don't see Kaep is someone who would complain about playcalling.

Jim Harbaugh isn't the type to go down with Roman's play call. Jim IS the play calling HC. That's Brent's view. And I agree.
Originally posted by lamontb:
ghetto attitude? he's from the suburbs

It isn't about where he's from. He refuses to be a leader because there are guys older than him on the team. He doesn't get in anyone's face. He always blames himself when his receivers don't catch the ball, etc.
Brent seems to be off in his opinions.

Kap routinely takes blame for his mistakes. Did so after the Bears game. Even after this game he said if I made better throws here and there we aren't in the last play situation. Said that after the SB game and after the NFCC game last year. I don't see Kap throwing blame at other people.

Now as for his demeanor, that is the way he has always been.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
What do you mean "lack of leadership quality", can you elaborate more on that?

As in he doesn't seem to want to embrace the leadership role such as at times he appears to be defensive. I mean I can understand what Brent is trying to say, the guy just appears to be immature and he doesn't step up to front himself as a leader. Brent goes on to say people like Anquan, Vernon or even Stevie should take up that leadership role if Kap doesn't want to. As for the defensive comment I can use that Super Bowl or was it the NFCCG against the Seahawks postgame comment about he would take Crab over anyone any day as an example. After that Brent goes on to talk about the problems with his play such as reads and his understanding of the schematics, saying he should really work hard in the classroom and take pregame warm-ups seriously instead of just listening to his music with his headphones, he should work with all his receivers going through routes and what not cos all the great ones such as Brady, Manning and Brees do that.
[ Edited by Rascal on Nov 4, 2014 at 12:17 PM ]
you cant just wander around and like you're great because you've been close a few times......a quote from brent that stood out
[ Edited by crabman82 on Nov 4, 2014 at 12:20 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone